IGNORED

Al Abd Bust Up?

BristolGFXCity

Had to make the challenge. Took one for the team.

As for worst defender ever there are plenty worse than him. Let me introduce you to Richard Foster

He had to take one for the team because he wasn't quick enough in the first place to win the ball by making a fair challenge. His obvious lack of pace is a real problem because once a player loses it, he can never get it back. Most experienced players fall back on their positional sense to overcome their loss of pace but he's not displayed that for us to date. His confidence must be shot to pieces (as, I'm afraid is mine - in him).

Sporting of Kilkenny from the resulting free kick to pass the ball back to Fielding instead of trying to score.

As for worst defender ever there are plenty worse than him. Let me introduce you to Richard Foster

I see your Richard foster and I'll raise you a Nick Hunt.

Jeez el abd certainly isn't working out at the moment but worst in 20 years? Barely had to go much further than 20 months to beat it!

a lot of people have short memories don't they? Agree with you on Foster and add Wilson and Webster to that also

Football is all about opinions, just look how Pitman & to certain extent JET have split our fan base.

The BHA fan I know, who has been following them for 40 years and is a West Stand ST holder, said that he wasn't that good.

At the end of the day, we have to go on what we see when he plays for us and so far, he hasn't been that great, gives away a lot of stupid free kicks and seems to get booked in every game he plays....which puts him under pressure.

that is pretty much what the brighton fan i know said. his words were, 'spends more time winding up the opposition than playing football'

only thing i can think with cotts is he wanted him before and couldnt have him until now,shame becuse his inclusion pulls better players out of their positions

Hopefully its a bust up and hes off. The worst defender i have seen at city for comfortably 20 years.

Otherwise we have another 3 years of watching that clown.

Granted, he is shit. However, to say he is the worst defender you have seen in 20 years says to me 'followed City for some time, went to my first game in January 2014'.

Granted, he is shit. However, to say he is the worst defender you have seen in 20 years says to me 'followed City for some time, went to my first game in January 2014'.

U cheeky fcuker. Ive bin a st holder since i was 13, now 33. Dont go away much anymore but going to Warsaw next week for some nostalgia.

I'll keep my opinion as thats what a forum is for. Hes the worst contracted player ive seen. Loans dont count as they are stop gaps.

Weve had plenty of bad uns but this chap doesnt contribute anything!! Hes my worst defender anyway. There, my opinion loud and clear.

He wasn't as bad as made out in the first half, and he took the booking for the team as it looked like if he didn't then they would score. I dont think the lack of balance in the first half was his fault, it was more to do with other players being played out of position. There were also several times where nosworthy or Osborne did a bad pass to el and that put him under pressure

U cheeky fcuker. Ive bin a st holder since i was 13, now 33. Dont go away much anymore but going to Warsaw next week for some nostalgia.

I'll keep my opinion as thats what a forum is for. Hes the worst contracted player ive seen. Loans dont count as they are stop gaps.

Weve had plenty of bad uns but this chap doesnt contribute anything!! Hes my worst defender anyway. There, my opinion loud and clear.

Worse than Hunt? REALLY?

Whether or not you're right about El Abd is irrelevant. What is important us that you've stuck up for you're right to have an opinion. Well done!

He certainly does seem awful and I do think that he should be taken out of harms way at least until we are mathematically safe...

...having said that, I will wait until next season before I write him off altogether...

...how many chances has Fontaine had in recent years?...

Hopefully its a bust up and hes off. The worst defender i have seen at city for comfortably 20 years.

Otherwise we have another 3 years of watching that clown.

Harsh, when we have suffered Liam Fontaine and Lewin Nyatanga and well as Mr Hunt in recent memory...

Worse than Hunt? REALLY?

Thankfully i only saw hunt a couple of times so not a massive knowledge of him although i think i saw his very first game and he actually was alright, although obviously not very good after! But the poor thing was suffering with depression, so hes got some excuse, bless. I can only say what i see and so far El Bad isnt anywhere near fulfilling his job description of a Centre Back!!

Football is all about opinions, just look how Pitman & to certain extent JET have split our fan base.

The BHA fan I know, who has been following them for 40 years and is a West Stand ST holder, said that he wasn't that good.

At the end of the day, we have to go on what we see when he plays for us and so far, he hasn't been that great, gives away a lot of stupid free kicks and seems to get booked in every game he plays....which puts him under pressure.

Adam hasn't split the fan base though, seems pretty unanimous that he's been rubbish so far !

Thankfully i only saw hunt a couple of times so not a massive knowledge of him although i think i saw his very first game and he actually was alright, although obviously not very good after! But the poor thing was suffering with depression, so hes got some excuse, bless. I can only say what i see and so far El Bad isnt anywhere near fulfilling his job description of a Centre Back!!

He hasn't got an excuse because nothing has ever been confirmed or denied about him having depression.

I doubt he would of went to Acc Stan if he had.

...in fairness his confidence must be pretty low right now.

He must feel like he's getting blamed for everyone elses mistakes as well as his own. 

Its all down to having an unfortunate name.

Every time he plays (& even when he's doesnt) whenever something go's wrong in a match all he hears from the stands every five minutes is a crescendo of expletive moans in a WestCountry accent ....

...... " Ohh  F * * * KING 'EL !!! "  - well thats enough to put anyone off their game innit?? :) 

He wasn't as bad as made out in the first half, and he took the booking for the team as it looked like if he didn't then they would score. I dont think the lack of balance in the first half was his fault, it was more to do with other players being played out of position. There were also several times where nosworthy or Osborne did a bad pass to el and that put him under pressure

They were played out of position to accommodate him.

It's lucky cotteril doesn't listen to what people say on here as he wouldn't have played Wade Elliot again after his first game. No 'El Bad" hasn't been good but I will give him the benifit of the doubt for the time being and maybe just maybe a confident El Bad will become El Good

cotts must know more than we do to bring him straight back in and ruin a perfectly good set up.

it cant be a love in for his new signings as he soon dumped barnett when he saw he played like a tree stump.

just wish the boss would let it run along as we were when adam was suspended. port vale was brilliant,we just dont have the same attacking threat with el abd on the pitch

cotts must know more than we do to bring him straight back in and ruin a perfectly good set up.

it cant be a love in for his new signings as he soon dumped barnett when he saw he played like a tree stump.

just wish the boss would let it run along as we were when adam was suspended. port vale was brilliant,we just dont have the same attacking threat with el abd on the pitch

It should be the same if he does a straight swap with another CB but it never is its Williams you can play LB Osbourne you can have the RB spot

He hasn't got an excuse because nothing has ever been confirmed or denied about him having depression.

I doubt he would of went to Acc Stan if he had.

Going to Acc Stan was his remedial therapy - "Life isn't so bad, Nicky. Go play for a while at Acc Stan and see how bad things could be..."

Can of worms opening......

Did you not see or hear any mental health awareness stuff recently or reports into athletes and depression? . I'm assuming fron your comments that you haven't suffered from mental health problems? You would not wish depression on you're worst enemy and it affects ANYONE in any walk of life. Condescending and crass comments like this beggar belief in this day and age.

Anyway....

El-Abd looks like an accident waiting to happen to me but Brighton fans loved him? Give the guy a break and he might come good. Does seem strange to disrupt the back four though.

Barnett is only on loan.

Archived