IGNORED

The Gas

BS3_RED

I remember when Ray Grayman became their boss, they were all giving it the big un about how they were going to bounce straight back up. When in reality they nearly and should of gone down.

Now its the same with Aitkins. They all think that they will be top three next season and some even think Champions.

Guest Pointy

Dont we do this with how we should be in Div 1?!

well kind of but we have been 3rd in div two in two season and have actually nearly got to div 1 where as the gas are no where near div 2 .. so were allowed to !

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Lets have a sweepstake - In what month will they turn on their directors, manager, away coach loads of women and children?

I go for November.

Of course this doesn't make them fickle moners like us eh! :(

Guest Firthy

Put it this way I play for a footy team in the Somerset County Prem, we played Rovers Reserves/Youth (Youth being 18-19 year olds, I was 20 at the time) in the semi final of a cup called the Fry Cup based at Frys 3 seasons back and drew 0-0 after extra time then beat them on penalties, they had Bryant and Hogg playing just to name a couple. A week later we played City Reserves/Youth in the final and we got dicked 5-2 so it shows the difference in class between the two sides whole squad setup.

In that game Coles and Amankwah were playing, compared to Bryant and Hogg Coles is getting interest from bigger clubs and Amankwah is slowly coming back to 1st team footy, Hogg now plays for Weston Super Mare and I don't know about Bryant.

City - Rovers.......................No comparison!

Sorry to waffle on there!

They never learn..When Fransis came 'we're com in to get ya city'! To which i laughed at! Then when Graydoom came 'Its the play-offs to which i laughed'!! They're all failiers, they finish the season on a high every year so the fans have 'hopes' which are soon crushed as the season begins!!!

Guest sprout1883
The gas have never been a true Div 2 club - they belong in the basement, the fan base, the ground, the finances, the whole set up just isn't geared up for Div 2.

Thay need to get real and accept that they are just a sideshow, City are the only real football team in Bristol

Just to enlighten you, in case you didn'yt know, we are both bristol Clubs and hence are potential fan bases are the same. You get more. because you are in a higher division, if you were where we were you would struggle to get more then we do.

We think we are a division 2 club do we. that's no worse then you beleiving you have the define right to be in division 1.

There are many sensible City fans, but some of you need to get real.

Your chairman has spelt it out C-U-T-B-A-C-K-S, yet people spout absolute outrageous signings, Stewart, Sherwood.

Ignoring what you're chairman says about you're finances, will not make them better.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

You got some front coming on our forum telling people to get real .

If people should get real it's yourselves. I read your forum and my mind boggles. "City fans this, City fans that" "City doing this, City doing that"

You calll us fickle, look in the mirror

You laugh saying how many part timers went the Cardiff - How many did you take to Wembley?

You say we're animals, but your fans have caused more problems than us.

You mock the areas City fans are from, well Southmead, Cadbury Heath and Kingswood is hardly a claim to fame for you is it.

Still think it's us that needs to get real you mug?

Guest sprout1883

I haven't called any of you fickle on either forum, apart from the odd bit of banter, i have tended to engage in sensible football debate, with sensible football fans.

We had a wind up with Stucider, but he took in good heart. Sensible poster, willing to talk Rovers or City. The Man in Black, another fair minded fellow.

If you read my post I said some City fans. Gazza for ##cks sake.

We don't have any money, but neither do the red side of Bristol, and neither do 90% of football clubs.

Of course he is shouting cutbacks,every club every year do it (including yours)

it is so other clubs dont try to get more money out of us.

If you want to buy a player and you appoach a club and ask about availability,if say you are Man Utd they say yes £1,000,000. and if you are the mighty reds they would say £100,000 because they know you dont have Man Utd money,and if you are Dunford they say F##k off he is not going anywhere for nothing POINT IS YOU DO NOT BRAG ABOUT HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE and all clubs plead poverty except Rovers because they are poverty. I hope this clears it all up

Guest sprout1883

no one should brag about their financial status unless you are Man U, but did Mr Lansdown (nice bloke by the way) not say something like "Danny had to go, because he would not make the necessary cutbacks"

I hope that clears it all up.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I haven't called any of you fickle on either forum, apart from the odd bit of banter, i have tended to engage in sensible football debate, with sensible football fans.

We had a wind up with Stucider, but he took in good heart. Sensible poster, willing to talk Rovers or City. The Man in Black, another fair minded fellow.

If you read my post I said some City fans. Gazza for ##cks sake.

We don't have any money, but neither do the red side of Bristol, and neither do 90% of football clubs.

What do you expect with the patronising wording - I couldn't care less what you do with Stucider either.

I couldn't care less what players people post about, end of the day they're only talking CITY on a CITY forum.

Guest Bristol_Babe
Just to enlighten you, in case you didn'yt know, we are both bristol Clubs and hence are potential fan bases are the same. You get more. because you are in a higher division, if you were where we were you would struggle to get more then we do.

We get more because we are in a higher division? Nah mate. It's because we can actually PLAY ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL... Not just tapping around the ball...

Guest WillsbridgeRed

We get more because we are in a higher division? Nah mate. It's because we can actually PLAY ENTERTAINING FOOTBALL... Not just tapping around the ball...

I must have missed that this season :dunno:

Guest Bristol_Babe
I must have missed that this season

I only went to a couple of games thanx to work... I did go to QPR at home though! :dunno:

Guest east_dundry_red

I find all their talk about getting to div 1 funny.

They are a below arverage div 3 team and wont go anywhere for a long time.

Mind you if we say we will get to div 1 they laugh and say things about us.

Apparently seeing rovers in div 1 is a relistic target. Well if they think that then a relistic target for us would surely be europe?

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Apparently seeing rovers in div 1 is a relistic target. Well if they think that then a relistic target for us would surely be europe?

:dunno::D:D

I find all their talk about getting to div 1 funny.

They are a below arverage div 3 team and wont go anywhere for a long time.

Mind you if we say we will get to div 1 they laugh and say things about us.

Apparently seeing rovers in div 1 is a relistic target. Well if they think that then a relistic target for

Here, here.

Apparantly if we talk about the possibility of first divsion football it's arrogance. When they do it's optomism. Go figure.

I'm so glad i started this thread. just read through it all and i'm still laughing.

One point i do have to pick up on though. How the hell can sprout 1883 say that we only get bigger gates cos we are in a higher division. Let me teach you a few things about your club.

1) I think that the gates you have maintained the last two years a very impressive considering the football you have to put up with. ( thats the nice one)

2) I guess you never watch the gas or you are very new to BRFC. Cos if you used to do you would now that you never and i mean never could match our gates even when you were in the same division as us and doing better.

Now I'm all for fans from other clubs including s h i t ones coming on our forum and talking football but if you do, please speak the facts.

I'm so glad i started this thread. just read through it all and i'm still laughing.

One point i do have to pick up on though. How the hell can sprout 1883 say that we only get bigger gates cos we are in a higher division. Let me teach you a few things about your club.

1) I think that the gates you have maintained the last two years a very impressive considering the football you have to put up with. ( thats the nice one)

2) I guess you never watch the gas or you are very new to BRFC. Cos if you used to do you would now that you never and i mean never could match our gates even when you were in the same division as us and doing better.

Now I'm all for fans from other clubs including s h i t ones coming on our forum and talking football but if you do, please speak the facts.

In defence of the man BS3_RED he's Rovers through and through. Saying that he must be a new fan is a bit of a cheap shot.

To be honest (and this is a criticism of both sides - i.e. Rovers and City fans) this sort of debate is very, very tedious.

It's like two six year olds saying "my Dad is harder than your Dad" or "my Dad's car is better than your Dad's car"

WHO care about Rovers??? there not even close to our class and shouldnt even be a topic on thius forum ..there gone....its like us talking about Lebeq there nothing compared to city either who cares and who is bristol Rovers???

Archived