IGNORED

The Gas

BS3_RED

I only went to a couple of games thanx to work... I did go to QPR at home though! :dunno:

BristolBabe: Ah, yes one of the few games in which we played to our potential I do believe!!

Sprout: Stick in here with the banter...we know what youre saying, but a lot of us peruse the Gas site and some of the ###### on the site in unbelievable..people like you and Hodges, Dr Faustus and a few others are vastly outnumbered by those well ballanced individuals (Chip on Both Shoulders!!), who spout forth, and yeah we got a fair number of them too...but what do you expect with the English games worst city rivalry!

Rise above it, BOTH clubs supporters have a hoolie problem, both of us have huge expectations, rarely acheived for our teams, and this just adds to the spice of each season, and both of us are perennially skint, which is the biggest problem

Guest Gas Mark 2

What a nightmare you lot are!

1. You complain about us thinking we're a div 2 club - when you all seem to think you're a div 1 club which is even more of a piss take, at least when we were in the div 2 play off final we gave Huddersfield a run for their money right til the last minute, a poor Brighton side walked all over you like sh!t...

2. Stewart? Hayles? Sherwood? You're living on cloud nine. Here's my answer to that: Brian Tinnion...no chance! At least Danny Wilson was a good name that big names may have wanted to play for...

3. Call yourselves better fans than us? You just managed to average 12,000 last season, we averaged 7,000. If you came down to this league I doubt we'd see an average of 4,000 at your place! You moan, moan and moan even more about anything that happens at your place...you boo your team off at half time in play-off semi-finals!...you leave at half time if your team is 2-0 down!

I could go on and on and on but I just can't handle the smell of sh!t anymore!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

You could go on but there's only so much nonsense that you can write in one post eh!

8000 Season ticket holders but we'd only get gates of 4000 in Div3????????

Think before you speak scum

you leave at half time if your team is 2-0 down!

What a clown, I've never seen anybody leave at half time because we're 2 down....as for the smell, well the bull is coming from you.

Sprout: Stick in here with the banter...we know what youre saying, but a lot of us peruse the Gas site and some of the ###### on the site in unbelievable..people like you and Hodges, Dr Faustus and a few others are vastly outnumbered by those well ballanced individuals (Chip on Both Shoulders!!), who spout forth, and yeah we got a fair number of them too...but what do you expect with the English games worst city rivalry!

Rise above it, BOTH clubs supporters have a hoolie problem, both of us have huge expectations, rarely acheived for our teams, and this just adds to the spice of each season, and both of us are perennially skint, which is the biggest problem

Gas Mark 2: Please read the quote below. Well done you just proved what pr@iclks some of you are!! I couldnt have asked for more proof I 'd put it there myself! (Especially the well balanced bit)

BTW we got 6000 odd gates when we where in the old Div 4, and bankrupt...so your point is disproved to start with

1. You complain about us thinking we're a div 2 club - when you all seem to think you're a div 1 club which is even more of a piss take, at least when we were in the div 2 play off final we gave Huddersfield a run for their money right til the last minute, a poor Brighton side walked all over you like sh!t...

2. Stewart? Hayles? Sherwood? You're living on cloud nine. Here's my answer to that: Brian Tinnion...no chance! At least Danny Wilson was a good name that big names may have wanted to play for...

3. Call yourselves better fans than us? You just managed to average 12,000 last season, we averaged 7,000. If you came down to this league I doubt we'd see an average of 4,000 at your place! You moan, moan and moan even more about anything that happens at your place...you boo your team off at half time in play-off semi-finals!...you leave at half time if your team is 2-0 down!

What a ###### you are!

1. You think that finishing 3rd for two seasons in a row gives us no right to think we deserve promotion, yet you have finished in the bottom half of the bottom league for the last three years and you apparently have a right to go up.

2. I know it must seem strange to you, but there is a team in Bristol that holds a certain amount of credibility and respect in English football, and that team is City. We are capable of attracting 'big' players, and not big in the lee Matthews sense either.

3. Funny enough, I don't remember you ever getting 12,000 when you were in Division 2, and as for leaving at half time, well there is no point on commmenting about that ridiculous statement, other than to say that sometimes the queue for a pint is very long, and we are forced to leave early on occasion.

I could go on and on but I just can't handle the bilious envy seeping out of your pores.

But haven't we finished 3rd two seasons in a row and actually looked like going up in the past, unlike your lot having to keep an eye on the bottom two more than the top 7!

We have prooved we should be in Div 1 by finishing 3rd twice. 3rd best team in the league that means just stupid rules and money making scams stopped us. you wheres your proof that you should be in Div 2?

As for fans base, we took nearly 40,000 to a, and I quote your lot "mickey mouse" trophy game. We sold 8,000 season tickets last season and looking at 10,000 this year face it if you go up you may have a slight increase in attendance but it would rise as dramatically as you would like to think. credit to your lot forsticking with them. the booing thats loyalty, passion and realism showing through. We want Bristol City F.C to do their best and if we aren't looking like doing that we are bound to get fruststrated. Not clap them off make out we are doing well and let the players come back out and do the same.

Also who knows what attendances we would get in Div 3, no-one knows so that argument is a non starter. We could get 50 or we could get 20,000 no-one knows until it happens and i can ensure you it wouldn't for a long long long long long long long long long time.

Actually, I think you'll find both teams were crap. It was always going to take something like a penalty to end it, and as it happened it went to them.

When were you last in a play-off final? Was it a week and a half ago? No? Oh right...

And the feeling I get from most Gasheads I know is that they don't think their a second division club. Fair enough. But what is laughable is those that think they're a first division club... because there are some around, trust me. I've met them

Was Danny really that big a name anyway? All he has ever done is get a team promoted to the Premiership. Realistically he's never done anything since.

And big names doesn't matter too much because our club has constantly emphasised buying young potential. Not debating whether that is the correct philosophy, but the fact is we're not in the business of attracting 'star names' to the Gate just for the hell of it.

A debate no one will ever win for the sheer fact that we up here and you're down there. Until we're in the same league we won't know who gets the higher attendance.

Oh, and did anyone hear a boo against Hartlepool? I assume that's what he's talking about.

So it's no different to you lot walking out against Yeovil? (although admittedly I'd walk out after that display) Or certain memebers of your crowd booing Barrett? In fact I remember him having to gesticulate to the crowd when he scored once, and then write about how the booing annoys him in the Green 'Un the next week.

Great support mate.

And come on guys, admit it... who left at half-time??? Ooh, you part-time City fans you :blush:

I'd check your sewers if I was you. In case you didn't know your sat in front of a computer - what you're smelling isn't eminating from this forum. Yes, that was a crap insult, but then frankly so was yours :D

Guest mesa boogie
The gas have never been a true Div 2 club - they belong in the basement, the fan base, the ground, the finances, the whole set up just isn't geared up for Div 2.

Thay need to get real and accept that they are just a sideshow, City are the only real football team in Bristol

fan base - better than half of division 2

ground - ok its not great but nors chesterfields, colchesters, brentfords, peterborough or stockports for that matter

finances - much better than most of the football league

set up? what the hell is "the set up"?

i think our fans are realistic in thinking we can get a playoff place if we buy the right players.

fan base - better than half of division 2

ground - ok its not great but nors chesterfields, colchesters, brentfords, peterborough or stockports for that matter

finances - much better than most of the football league

set up? what the hell is "the set up"?

i think our fans are realistic in thinking we can get a playoff place if we buy the right players.

Set up as in youth and scouting policy, development policy, commercial and sponsorship activities and (I hate to mention it) but developing the stadium and the facilities, City have all these in place for years, to arguably Division one standard. I'm not trynna start a row (honest) but do the gas have or aspire to these things on a Div 1 or 2 scale ??

Guest WillsbridgeRed

If your form at the end of the season was anything to go by, you should do very well next year.

I can't imagine Atkins taking any nonsense so will keep the donkeys motivated.

The problem is that Rovers have had so many false dawns over the last few years it's hard to take them seriously as promotion prospects

Guest mesa boogie
Set up as in youth and scouting policy, development policy, commercial and sponsorship activities and (I hate to mention it) but developing the stadium and the facilities, City have all these in place for years, to arguably Division one standard. I'm not trynna start a row (honest) but do the gas have or aspire to these things on a Div 1 or 2 scale ??
ok i do think that our scouting policy and youth system is pretty sub standard but every once in a while they do come up with the goods and produce class players. we havent got as much money as you to develop a "school of excelence" thats why unless a lad that is 100% gas has the potential in bristol he either goes to you or southampton. in my oppinion we are still a division 2 football club with a division 3 side. just as teams like hull and huddersfield have been. much the same as i feel you are a division 1 football team with a division 2 and a half (very good for division 2 but not good enough for division 1) football team. i also find it funny how some of our fans (rovers and city) can post abuse on each others forums after the brilliant work of alot of fans on saturday.

ok i do think that our scouting policy and youth system is pretty sub standard but every once in a while they do come up with the goods and produce class players. we havent got as much money as you to develop a "school of excelence" thats why unless a lad that is 100% gas has the potential in bristol he either goes to you or southampton. in my oppinion we are still a division 2 football club with a division 3 side. just as teams like hull and huddersfield have been. much the same as i feel you are a division 1 football team with a division 2 and a half (very good for division 2 but not good enough for division 1) football team. i also find it funny how some of our fans (rovers and city) can post abuse on each others forums after the brilliant work of alot of fans on saturday.
That's not abuse - thats a well reasoned and logical post by my standards !

Guest mesa boogie
That's not abuse - thats a well reasoned and logical post by my standards !
hehe not you alot of other people though (most of whom havent got hairy nuts yet).

Guest sprout1883
I'm so glad i started this thread. just read through it all and i'm still laughing.

One point i do have to pick up on though. How the hell can sprout 1883 say that we only get bigger gates cos we are in a higher division. Let me teach you a few things about your club.

1) I think that the gates you have maintained the last two years a very impressive considering the football you have to put up with. ( thats the nice one)

2) I guess you never watch the gas or you are very new to BRFC. Cos if you used to do you would now that you never and i mean never could match our gates even when you were in the same division as us and doing better.

Now I'm all for fans from other clubs including s h i t ones coming on our forum and talking football but if you do, please speak the facts.

Try since 1989. 15 years. Okay. And if you remeber we were playin at a place called Twrton Park in Bath.. Unfortunatlet since moving back to Bristol, we have not tasted any success, but hopefully when we do are ground will be full to capacity. Our gates will be less then yours, but based on the constraints of our ground.

You likewise have had some success. You managed to find an extra 5,000 or so fans when you were up the top, why couldn't rovers if we we had your capacity, and your "success" after all our potential fanbases are the same

Once again you are not talking facts. You say that you have had no success since your return from bath but apart from the last seven games the other season, you looked certs to go up. so dont give me the "we havent had any success speach"

Even that season our gates were a couple of thousand more than yours and we were s h i t that season.

Archived