IGNORED

Notts County Game Now On Good Friday (Merged)

Dave

And the fact we don't tend to run supporters' coaches to our own home games.

I think it's more to do with the fact they (Notts C) are actually looking to help fans. We have just said a 'it's been moved' nothing has followed up on the matter and in fact there is a lot the club can/could do to compensate the huge cock up made by the club!!

Reduced ticket prices for the away games

Oh you can't do that. The club pays for half the price of the tickets we sell to the other clubs, So the club we play still get all the money they would usually.

Reduced/Free Away Travel for the remaining 2 games

Compensate the ST holders who can't make it as they will be the main target group who will renew.

It's not difficult to properly say sorry to the fans and offer something to compensate the cock up. If you miss a game because of you its your choice but missing it because of the Club is just plain wrong!

I would guess the two apologies in the text are an apology, yes.

My point is that an apology has to sound genuine to be meaningful. That one doesn't, to me. It's a long justification of the decision, with a coupe of muttered 'sorry's'. Headlining it "an apology to fans" would have helped.

My point is that an apology has to sound genuine to be meaningful. That one doesn't, to me. It's a long justification of the decision, with a coupe of muttered 'sorry's'. Headlining it "an apology to fans" would have helped.

Be honest mate, even if that was the headline most on here, probably you included, would still be outraged. As I've previously said, I can't go now but in the grand scheme of things I understand why BCFC and NCFC took the decision, even if it was late. As long as we ******* stay up I won't allow myself to be too damaged by all this.

Even by OTIB standards there has been a massive over-reaction to this. It's one game, and let's face it we're not going up or down so there's little riding on it.

Some people just like to have something to moan about.

Will you refund those that have booked flights, hotels and train journeys if it's such a massive overreaction?

It's not a problem it's changed, it's the timing of the change.

Even by OTIB standards there has been a massive over-reaction to this. It's one game, and let's face it we're not going up or down so there's little riding on it.

Some people just like to have something to moan about.

As an aside, what really bugs me is people saying we're not going up or down.  If we lose today we could be 1 point outside relegation!

This season is not over.  :no:

No problem changing my plans, but I have great sympathy with those who cannot now make it, or have incurred significant expense as a result of this. Fans should look beyond the "I'm alright Jack", and look at the way that the late change to fixtures is becoming more common, and fans are basically being treated with contempt. The more that fans just accept this, the more that Clubs will just take the p**s. It would hardly be unreasonable to set a minimum notice of something like 21 days, with 14 days permitted only in very exceptional circumstances. Watching football is an expensive hobby, especially if travelling away regularly. Time for the clubs to treat it's customers with far more respect.

Next time this happens, maybe it will be YOU that can't make it, or is out of pocket.

Archived