IGNORED

East End Memories

Real Red

We are looking for East End memories. If any one wants to contribute any memories over the years of the East End, we are looking to print them in the next fanzine out for the Good Friday Notts Co game.

Please email your memories to
OTIBRISTOL@AOL.COM

First game I ever went to on my own was by bus from hanham for the last home gamw of the season against Peterborough. Liam robinson scored a hat tricj I think and we went on the pitch at the end. Someone even through a pasty at my bonce! So many memories. Sheffield utd at home etc. So many memories. My son has been coming jn for the last 2 seasons, I can't believe I'm sayibg this, but it's going to be emotional.

My first East End memory,...

10 years of age, walked from Hartcliffe to the ground with a group of friends of same age and a few older kids who took us. The game was against Oxford United.

waited till half-time, the East End gates opened up and we were allowed in for free. Remember a lot of noise, a lot of people.

Something kicked off and I think Oxford fans were trying to take the East End. The older kids told us to stay where we were (in the corner bit by the exit) and they ran off towards the centre of the East End to join in the brawl.

Remember being scared but also excited, City lost 4-0, but I was hooked from that day onwards.

10 years of age, walked from Hartcliffe to the ground with a group of friends of same age and a few older kids who took us. The game was against Oxford United.

waited till half-time, the East End gates opened up and we were allowed in for free. Remember a lot of noise, a lot of people.

Something kicked off and I think Oxford fans were trying to take the East End. The older kids told us to stay where we were (in the corner bit by the exit) and they ran off towards the centre of the East End to join in the brawl.

Remember being scared but also excited, City lost 4-0, but I was hooked from that day onwards.

And I guess they failed...?

Of course they did!

A better memory is when I was 16,........... a (I think) cold Tuesday April night, vs Portsmouth, Clive Whitehead scored, City won 1-0, automatic Promotion, we all invaded the pitch from the East End at the final whistle. Hope thast memory never fades, the First Division in those days were like winning the pools, the teams were full of real Stars, nowadays the Premier League leaves me cold (although I would still like City to be in it!)

Funny enough, that was my first game at Ashton Gate. I watched from the enclosure though. Other than the result, all i can remember was the Dolman not being finished and Chris Garland playing really well.

First game I ever went to on my own was by bus from hanham for the last home gamw of the season against Peterborough. Liam robinson scored a hat tricj I think and we went on the pitch at the end. Someone even through a pasty at my bonce! So many memories. Sheffield utd at home etc. So many memories. My son has been coming jn for the last 2 seasons, I can't believe I'm sayibg this, but it's going to be emotional.

Did he really get a hatrick?

I've a vague recollection that he scored something like 4 goals that season, two away to Peterborough and two at home to Peterborough?

Did he really get a hatrick?

I've a vague recollection that he scored something like 4 goals that season, two away to Peterborough and two at home to Peterborough?

You're right, he got two.

Best memory for me, Jimmy Mann's screamer past Shilton.

Being asked the time going into the EE by a cockernee , looked up and saw loads of Spurs in the corner as you used to go in. I was only 15/16 so he may have actually wanted to know  ;)  Kicked off big time but I don't think they moved too far.

I can remember climbing over the wall in the corner of the EE on the final whistle Vs Portsmouth , my Mum and Dad were in the local when I got home so went to tell them and Dad got me a bottle of cider to celebrate with, he was a top man.

I remember trying to start songs and how chuffed you were if they took off , the surges and I wonder why we stood behind the barriers and not in front.

I remember wondering why everyone in the middle of the EE were singing  Sunderland on my first league game on there , it didn't last.

Gradually started moving around the ground after relegation , Park end , Enclosure then Dolman but the EE was special.

The Liverpool cup game. Arrived late and thought I,d gone in the wrong end. The whole of both ends were singing you'll never walk alone. Packed out and once I arrived just to the right of the goal, there was no chance of moving until the end. Also remember feeling sick when Toshack scored his fluky goal.

Archived