IGNORED

Bristol Rugby

Slacker

Apologies as this isn't strictly football related but will be relevant to BCFC.A question for the rugby fans.Obviously we all want Bristol to gain promotion.If they do how competitive do you expect them to be.In terms of football promotion the sides that go up tend to struggle.I know Steve Landsdown has made money available already for some new signings,but how far away do you feel Bristol are away from being a strong Prem side?

Apologies as this isn't strictly football related but will be relevant to BCFC.A question for the rugby fans.Obviously we all want Bristol to gain promotion.If they do how competitive do you expect them to be.In terms of football promotion the sides that go up tend to struggle.I know Steve Landsdown has made money available already for some new signings,but how far away do you feel Bristol are away from being a strong Prem side?

Bristol should survive but certainly won't be challenging for the top four. Promoted sides have a decent record of surviving in Rugby as there is normally one Prem side who have out stayed their welcome. This season I'd back Bristol to go up and next season Newcastle to drop. 

Rugby is much easier to break the top four, with only Leicester glued there in the last goodness knows how long. C'mon Bris

But first and foremost COYR!

Have seen Bristol play quite a few times, mostly when they had letters, not numbers on their backs, Knibbs, Morley and Rafter spring to mind.

The thing that surprised me was their inability to keep their best players, Bracken, Shaw, Lewsey, Big Ted etc etc.. Over the years.

Hopefully they can gain promotion and build a successful side.....

I'm not sure Bristol will get promoted. Yes they are top of the league but they concede too many tries and there have been times this season where they could have easily thrown away a big lead. It nearly happened today, having been 26 points up against Moseley they nearly lost it. I hope for Lansdown's sake they do get promoted as this could be another project where he pumps a lot of money into it and it takes a few years to start moving! If they are promoted I can't see them staying in the premiership with their current squad, so I guess that is where Andy Robinson will be putting the money to good here.

Have seen Bristol play quite a few times, mostly when they had letters, not numbers on their backs, Knibbs, Morley and Rafter spring to mind.

The thing that surprised me was their inability to keep their best players, Bracken, Shaw, Lewsey, Big Ted etc etc.. Over the years.

Hopefully they can gain promotion and build a successful side.....

You forgot Phil Cue and Dave Sorrell (obviously you 'forgot'/didn't mention many, but I can't get them out of my head now...)

Knibbs: what a tash!!

Nigel Pomphrey for me...!

Bracken, Shaw, Lewsey and quite a few others played for Bristol whilst at University. They were not Bristolians and were never going to stay playing for the club were they. As an example Lewsey became an officer in the Army, Bracken a City lawyer..........

I know Chesh, my point is now if they want to build a successful side, they have to keep their best players...

I wouldn't rule out the English league being restructured. If that happens then Leeds and Bristol will almost certainly be playing in the top flight as they both have shares in Premiership Rugby.

Wouldn't be surprised if they knew they were going up with the signings they've made. Those guys won't want to play Championship rugby.

Not on todays 2nd half performance Tom.......they got battered.

I know they made changes but the players that came on should have been up to it.

I don't even think they are trying at moment, they simply destroy teams and get a bonus point and sit back. They've been doing it for weeks now. I think they know the real test will be London Welsh where I don't think they'll sit back once they get 20+ points ahead.

Next season will be quite a different team given the signings

Bit worried about the number of points they concede, London Welsh have a pretty good defence which could prove the difference when they meet in the Championship final

Spot on. Bristol score lots of tries and that's frequently enough to win most Championship games but they do concede far too many points. Exactly that happened at Moseley yesterday who almost caught Bristol who had scored 4 tries in the first 20 mins.

Should they get promoted then Robinson will know that he'll have to strengthen his defence to give them any chance of survival.

Archived