IGNORED

Anyone Fancy 9Th Place.

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

9th next season probably more realistic

Next season we should be looking to do better than that.

This recent run for the team has shown that this really is a bit of a piss-weak league. There aren't that many good teams at all.

Particularly with Wolves leaving and little sides like Yeovil coming down - it should be easier.

This recent run for the team has shown that this really is a bit of a piss-weak league. There aren't that many good teams at all.

Particularly with Wolves leaving and little sides like Yeovil coming down - it should be easier.

League One isn't easy to get out of. As history painfully shows us.

There will be about 10 clubs all expecting top 6 next season.

I would take 9th if we hover around that area all season. Realistically we should aim for play offs but not be too disappointed to finish just outside.

But it all depends on the recruitment during the off season. If we sell Baldock and JET and sign Clarkson and Bas Savage as replacements I'll be delighted with survival

Hold on there fella. We've been in a relegation scrap all season? I would be happy with a top half finish next season. I think this club needs slow progress in the right direction

I understand the points made, but really, when I think about it.

I saw us win at Orient and Peterboro, then saw us lose 2-1 at Rotherham - all sides looking to go up. Yet I didn't think any of those three were that much chop - certainly nothing for us to fear.

I always thought we had the players to go back up - but we just seemed to lack confidence, organisation, tactical nouse from the bench - whatever it was it was badly lacking. The players on paper are as good as any side - bar Wolves in my opinion.

If we consider coming down will be Yeovil, Millwall and possibly Barnsley or Charlton or someone like that - I think probably the main side to beat next season will be Sheffield United. Clough, given a whole pre-season, will have them raring to roll.

Other than that - seriously - who is there who we can't beat?

I know its all glass half full, but this league really doesn't impress me and I think our current players are as good as any.

They just needed to lose that last idiot and put in a bloke who has some idea how we should play.

Hold on there fella. We've been in a relegation scrap all season? I would be happy with a top half finish next season. I think this club needs slow progress in the right direction

I think we are showing progress and I know what you're saying. I just don't think we should ever have been in a relegation scrap. The players and squad have always been far above the league position.

For me it was the management and tactics. Which we've changed.

I'm not saying Champions or top two but I reckon 4th is something I could see us nabbing.

I understand the points made, but really, when I think about it.

I saw us win at Orient and Peterboro, then saw us lose 2-1 at Rotherham - all sides looking to go up. Yet I didn't think any of those three were that much chop - certainly nothing for us to fear.

I always thought we had the players to go back up - but we just seemed to lack confidence, organisation, tactical nouse from the bench - whatever it was it was badly lacking. The players on paper are as good as any side - bar Wolves in my opinion.

If we consider coming down will be Yeovil, Millwall and possibly Barnsley or Charlton or someone like that - I think probably the main side to beat next season will be Sheffield United. Clough, given a whole pre-season, will have them raring to roll.

Other than that - seriously - who is there who we can't beat?

I know its all glass half full, but this league really doesn't impress me and I think our current players are as good as any.

They just needed to lose that last idiot and put in a bloke who has some idea how we should play.

Sadly Sheff Utd won't have the UEFA cup to worry about which would have helped us out massively!!

But you have to remember we still have a majority of players who started the season so badly! Yes the manager has changed but at the end of the day it's the players on the pitch that get the results. I'll still be happy with mid table

I think we are showing progress and I know what you're saying. I just don't think we should ever have been in a relegation scrap. The players and squad have always been far above the league position.

For me it was the management and tactics. Which we've changed.

I'm not saying Champions or top two but I reckon 4th is something I could see us nabbing.

I agree with all of that. Even though I liked SOD and wanted to see him do well, some of his tactics were quite interesting to say the least.

I think Sheff Utd will be a force next season, as will Cov. However I think we're capable and likely to finish between 6th and 10th place next season. Any higher then it's a real bonus!!

League One isn't easy to get out of. As history painfully shows us.

There will be about 10 clubs all expecting top 6 next season.

More like 24.

I wouldn't be happy unless we finished top 6, given our current form that would be perfectly doable. 

No reason we cant be looking at top six next year. The last two times we've been relegated, we had a mid table season (looking like relegation candidates at some point) followed by a playoff push the following year. I dont think we'll be promoted but we're in with a shout. Who is there to fear?

I think if you look at the teams that are going to be in the division next season, we should be aiming for play offs. Whether that's realistic or not given the season we've had is another matter, but I'd be very disappointed if anyone from the club came out and stated that our aim is for mid-table security. We have one of the biggest budgets in the division, we've finished this season in good form and we'll be in a position to bring more players in over the summer. Top 6 should be the minimum aim for me

Archived