IGNORED

Fa Cup Final Tickets

BUTOR

More tickets allocated to sponsors than supporters.

Both teams receive a 25,000 allocation, the other 40,000 (yes, 40 ******* thousand) will go to cooperate bullshit and people who don't quite frankly don't deserve to be there.

This is the FA cup final for **** sake, the FANS trophy, historical. Don't they receive enough money from the Premier league?

I know this isn't a huge issue, but this generifaction of football has gone too far and this just sums it up.

Now its up to us as fans of the game, the lifeblood of football, who are getting pushed aside for sponsors and cash, to ensure it stops here. Or what was once our game will never be ours again.

Just imagine if this this had happened 20 years ago, a 25,000 allocation for an FA cup final in a stadium that holds 90,000. Unthinkable.

Yes, a small minority of the spare tickets are going to charities, kids teams etc but fans of Hull and Arsenal have not been put first here in the proudest match in English football.

• Admin

Thing to remember when it says corporate, remember EVERY team that has entered the FA Cup gets an allocation of tickets, the further the club progresses in the tournament, the more tickets they qualify for - this runs into thousands.

We are lucky that our level there is not that much interest outside of the clubs for a corporate day etc.

Mind you looking at all the empty seats for each semi, not sure that is such a bad thing

More tickets allocated to sponsors than supporters.

Both teams receive a 25,000 allocation, the other 40,000 (yes, 40 ******* thousand) will go to cooperate bullshit and people who don't quite frankly don't deserve to be there.

This is the FA cup final for **** sake, the FANS trophy, historical. Don't they receive enough money from the Premier league?

I know this isn't a huge issue, but this generifaction of football has gone too far and this just sums it up.

Now its up to us as fans of the game, the lifeblood of football, who are getting pushed aside for sponsors and cash, to ensure it stops here. Or what was once our game will never be ours again.

Just imagine if this this had happened 20 years ago, a 25,000 allocation for an FA cup final in a stadium that holds 90,000. Unthinkable.

Yes, a small minority of the spare tickets are going to charities, kids teams etc but fans of Hull and Arsenal have not been put first here in the proudest match in English football.

The events of last week at our own club highlight how little the fans mean in football these days. If the clubs don't give a ****, why should the FA.

Not saying it's right mind.

Been like this for years and has got worse since the new Wembley has been built- It's not right but its the way it is.

The thing that I would find most frustrating about this if I was an Arsenal fan is that Arsenal have 35,000+ season ticket holders. This means that you could have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and may not qualify for a ticket (depending on how they do it- last time they did on away games attended).

The FA will probably blame Ticketmaster or Wembley PLC, someone other than themselves much like the shirt and Nike.

Football hasn't been a working class game for a long time, it's all jester hats, music after goals and drums nowadays.

Not so much about drums - you need drumsticks for that!

Late 60s, early 70s the City Supporters Club used to receive six tickets every year. members could enter a ballot for them and the first six names drawn could then buy a ticket.

1988 Liverpool complained that Wimbledon were issued as many tickets as the 'pool. They argued the allocation should be decided by your average League attendance.

Dunno if it still happens, but only a few years ago the Secretary of each county FA would receive six tickets as a reward. The allegation was made in the press that many of those tickets ended up being sold on the black market.

The FA point out it's their showpiece final and that's why foreign dignatories are able to get tickets. In other words a grade 3 clerk at the Turkish embassy has a better chance of getting a ticket than a life long season ticketholder of one of the two finalists.

What a joke. The tickets should be given to the clubs, simple. Any not sold by a certain date then go back to the fa.

surely sooner or later fans will start showing their dissatisfaction by not going at all!

about 10k go to other clubs in the football spectrum 10k to club wembely and the rest to sponser and the fat cats

Late 60s, early 70s the City Supporters Club used to receive six tickets every year. members could enter a ballot for them and the first six names drawn could then buy a ticket.

1988 Liverpool complained that Wimbledon were issued as many tickets as the 'pool. They argued the allocation should be decided by your average League attendance.

That's Liverpool FC all over, that.

The FA has always - in my lifetime anyway- allocated the tickets for the Cup Final in a similar fashion, roughly 50% to the clubs and the rest to Count FAs and more recently sponsors. If you are connected with any football club , you can in theory has your league and apply for tickets. I did this through my local club a few years back and got two for the Arsenal v Manchester United Final at Cardiff. I'm not saying it's the right way to do it, but it's nothing new.

Archived