IGNORED

Bolasie

Cider red

So all these managers are Clueless?

So why do they do relatively well elsewhere?

Before and after coming here...care to elaborate?

Like who for instance?

SOD done **** all for 4/5 years and currently out of work.

Mcinnes back in mcjockland where he is not out of his depth.

Millen hasn't managed since.

Coppell is bumming around at the moment.

and GJ is GJ.

Who have I missed out?.

Regardless of the above, I watched Bolasie playing in the prem against the county's top sides, and then consider he was not good enough to get into the BCFC side that was relegated in last place from the Championship............

And then I think how the club was being mismanaged at the time.

Thank god that is all in the past, and we are finally on an upward trajectory again.

"Up the City"

:winner_third_h4h:

In respect to the earlier post. We can take a look at all managers since Alan Dicks.

Houghton

Hodgeson

Cooper

Joe Jordan

Ward

Pullis

Rosenior plus two others

Leanartson

Osman

Lumsden

Wilson

GJ

Coppell

Millen

Mcinness

SoD

Cotterill

PLEASE anyone feel free to add someone/anyone I missed...Of those most had a reputation coming in with some success elsewhere. Of these the ones arguably who have had sustained MANAGERIAL success elsewhere since leaving are....Hodgeson and Pullis (Im not to clear on Houghton post city, please anyone let me know)...Limited success GJ, Wilson and McInness (still early with McInness and he has had no success south of the border)....Many have had much greater success as a number two or as a coach.

So you have got to wonder what it is we do to players and managers as our track record of turning good players into average ones with no sell on value is pretty good too!

As to your point I think the above list is a clue. Success at a club as a manager does usually mean success of the first team of that club, they are normally indivisible. So I can only think that there is something wrong at our club that I really cant put my finger on. SL is the latest Chairman however our failure is something that has pervaded our club since the early stage of the last century with one small chink in the 70's...So the question is why have we been so crap for so long throughout the club!?

Any thoughts?....Small town attitude, bad attitude, poor senior management, poor scouting, rest home attitude, failure to build from within. shit ground/shit fans??? Just a few starters!!

Our problems go very deep.

We have not been set up properly, to run as a Professional outfit for many many years...

You have hit many points in your last sentence...

Poor senior management...poor decision making... very very poor scouting system... lack of development outside first team...over paid contracts... contracts that are too long...Bad infra structure...poor coaching.... a few bad eggs that influence decisions down their... a board and owner that find it hard to work with certain managers....interfering from above... to name just a few.

Speak to any manager or coach that has been with us, and you will hear all those mentioned above.

We have had some good coaches and managers here...unfortunately, when they get here...they find it's not all it's cracked up to be. Even the little things we can't get right...stuff that will make a manager pull his hair out.

Coppell found this out and walked...

SoD found it out, and tried to make it work. He worked tirelessly behind the scenes. It was because of all the other work he was doing in setting things in motion for the good of the Club, that first team results slipped. I totally respect the man...for the effort he put into our Club...to the detriment of his own name...hardly anyone knows about what he did 'behind the scenes'...he's just judged on first team results.

As long as we create the foundation...get things..the basics right...then there is no reason why we can't do well...but until that time... we will always be the same.

There is a reason the likes of Burnley, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke...to name a few of comparable nature that do well...it's because they have the basics in place to have a certain amount of continuity.

We should be just like Reading...but we are not...for all the reasons mentioned above...

Fans unfortunately see it very much in black and white, and don't hear about all the errors outside the first team results.

Like someone else said... a lot of fans say...sh1t manager...or good manager...purely based on their results...shame.

Our problems go very deep.

We have not been set up properly, to run as a Professional outfit for many many years...

You have hit many points in your last sentence...

Poor senior management...poor decision making... very very poor scouting system... lack of development outside first team...over paid contracts... contracts that are too long...Bad infra structure...poor coaching.... a few bad eggs that influence decisions down their... a board and owner that find it hard to work with certain managers....interfering from above... to name just a few.

Speak to any manager or coach that has been with us, and you will hear all those mentioned above.

We have had some good coaches and managers here...unfortunately, when they get here...they find it's not all it's cracked up to be. Even the little things we can't get right...stuff that will make a manager pull his hair out.

Coppell found this out and walked...

SoD found it out, and tried to make it work. He worked tirelessly behind the scenes. It was because of all the other work he was doing in setting things in motion for the good of the Club, that first team results slipped. I totally respect the man...for the effort he put into our Club...to the detriment of his own name...hardly anyone knows about what he did 'behind the scenes'...he's just judged on first team results.

As long as we create the foundation...get things..the basics right...then there is no reason why we can't do well...but until that time... we will always be the same.

There is a reason the likes of Burnley, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke...to name a few of comparable nature that do well...it's because they have the basics in place to have a certain amount of continuity.

We should be just like Reading...but we are not...for all the reasons mentioned above...

Fans unfortunately see it very much in black and white, and don't hear about all the errors outside the first team results.

Like someone else said... a lot of fans say...sh1t manager...or good manager...purely based on their results...shame.

So actually it's not that they were great when they arrived and went on to bigger and better times after they left, it's other deeper stuff.

and for the record your referencing of Blackburn is a joke surely?, **** me they have had more managers than we have and real moron owners.

and yet again for somebody who get's the hump when anybody mentions SOD your always banging on about him.

So actually it's not that they were great when they arrived and went on to bigger and better times after they left, it's other deeper stuff.

and for the record your referencing of Blackburn is a joke surely?, **** me they have had more managers than we have and real moron owners.

and yet again for somebody who get's the hump when anybody mentions SOD your always banging on about him.

No mate... I don't get the hump with anyone if they want a civil discussion...but you're like a Jack Russell who chases people around and won't let go. You clearly know **** all about football...and just like to challenge certain people to suit your agenda.

When you've got something worthwhile to listen too, then i'll speak with you...but at the present you constantly just talk clap trap, or find a reason to knock all managers not just SoD... based on nothing, but your perceived ideas of how things are at City...based on what you read on here or the media.

When you understand how Clubs are run...perhaps you'll get it. For some reason... I don't think you ever will though. :facepalm:

As for Blackburn...up until 2 years ago...they were a well run Club...so stop being a pedantic and see the bigger picture and the gist of a post...

Jeez...must be your time of the month...constantly badgering and on..and on...and on... :grr:  :grr:  :grr:

Just leave it will you...

Doubt you'll get a meaningful response!

Wish I had such a simplistic, myopic view of the success/failure of Bristol City which according to most on here can be categorised into shit manager/good manager.

Depths of despair liked my response so I guess he did!?

No mate... I don't get the hump with anyone if they want a civil discussion...but you're like a Jack Russell who chases people around and won't let go. You clearly know **** all about football...and just like to challenge certain people to suit your agenda.

When you've got something worthwhile to listen too, then i'll speak with you...but at the present you constantly just talk clap trap, or find a reason to knock all managers not just SoD... based on nothing, but your perceived ideas of how things are at City...based on what you read on here or the media.

When you understand how Clubs are run...perhaps you'll get it. For some reason... I don't think you ever will though. :facepalm:

As for Blackburn...up until 2 years ago...they were a well run Club...so stop being a pedantic and see the bigger picture and the gist of a post...

Jeez...must be your time of the month...constantly badgering and on..and on...and on... :grr:  :grr:  :grr:

Just leave it will you...

How is it pedantic re Blackburn Rovers?, they have had 9 managers in 13 years which is the same as BCFC and which you claim to be the root of all evil.

Your first sentence describes you as much as it does me and as for not knowing anything about football or how it works, of course you know that for sure?. if you really want to know you can always pm me.

How is it pedantic re Blackburn Rovers?, they have had 9 managers in 13 years which is the same as BCFC and which you claim to be the root of all evil.

Your first sentence describes you as much as it does me and as for not knowing anything about football or how it works, of course you know that for sure?. if you really want to know you can always pm me.

What? I claim having many managers the root of all evil?

No... I claim the board and owner have no idea as they keep panicking, going for short term fix's and appointing all these managers.

The reason Blackburn have got away with it, is because they are set up professionally as a Club...we however are not...any manager that comes here will struggle long term...unless that's sorted out.

What? I claim having many managers the root of all evil?

No... I claim the board and owner have no idea as they keep panicking, going for short term fix's and appointing all these managers.

The reason Blackburn have got away with it, is because they are set up professionally as a Club...we however are not...any manager that comes here will struggle long term...unless that's sorted out.

How do you know we are not set up professionally?

Because I've spoken to previous managers, Coaches and players that have been with us...plus through players agents who I know through a relationship.

I know and meet quiet a lot of people who work within the game, through the nature of my work and certain social circles.

All have said the same things...

Because I've spoken to previous managers, Coaches and players that have been with us...plus through players agents who I know through a relationship.

I know and meet quiet a lot of people who work within the game, through the nature of my work and certain social circles.

All have said the same things...

And whilst they were at it, which club did they say was professionally managed?

They obviously needed a comparison.

Is this amazing player the guy with 0 goals and 3 assists this season? (If what I'm reading is correct )

Is this good for a winger then?

Apparently a bloke who has okay approach play but no end product is great, so a lot of people would have you believe to back up their belief he is good.  Adomah, even if he is a league lower now,provids a whole lot more in terms of valuable input in assists and goals. Bolasie,at best may pull some players out of position

He does looks good until he has to score or pick out a telling ball,but as we a know he can't, he hasn't done it for Palace,he didn't do it for us,he didn't do it for Plymouth.  he just runs around a lot looking menacing without any real end product.  Yes I know he put in a cross for one of the the goals this week.  But his true worth does not lie.

It is well known, not only by fans but professional circles, talk to any ex manger or player once they have left and you will get to find out exactly how well we are run.  It has been a shambles for  a long time.

In respect to the earlier post. We can take a look at all managers since Alan Dicks.

Houghton

Hodgeson

Cooper

Joe Jordan

Ward

Pullis

Rosenior plus two others

Leanartson

Osman

Lumsden

Wilson

GJ

Coppell

Millen

Mcinness

SoD

Cotterill

PLEASE anyone feel free to add someone/anyone I missed...Of those most had a reputation coming in with some success elsewhere. Of these the ones arguably who have had sustained MANAGERIAL success elsewhere since leaving are....Hodgeson and Pullis (Im not to clear on Houghton post city, please anyone let me know)...Limited success GJ, Wilson and McInness (still early with McInness and he has had no success south of the border)....Many have had much greater success as a number two or as a coach.

So you have got to wonder what it is we do to players and managers as our track record of turning good players into average ones with no sell on value is pretty good too!

As to your point I think the above list is a clue. Success at a club as a manager does usually mean success of the first team of that club, they are normally indivisible. So I can only think that there is something wrong at our club that I really cant put my finger on. SL is the latest Chairman however our failure is something that has pervaded our club since the early stage of the last century with one small chink in the 70's...So the question is why have we been so crap for so long throughout the club!?

Any thoughts?....Small town attitude, bad attitude, poor senior management, poor scouting, rest home attitude, failure to build from within. shit ground/shit fans??? Just a few starters!!

Denis Smith?

Think Tony Fawthrop was manager in his own right for about 6 days until some problem or other came to light - can't remember details though. Before that believe he was the senior of the 'three wise men' (sic), the other two being Rosenior and Dave Burnside,

Archived