IGNORED

Totally Safe

cityexile

Seen a few posting we are now all but safe.

Just at a quick look, its a bit better than that. As Crewe have to play Colchester we are totally safe. Technically we could go down on Gd, but clearly not going to happen. If I could be bothered to work out all the games left I am sure it would be mathmatically safe.

But not in my book 'almost safe'. Now totally safe.

If there was just any interest now in the end of the seaon games for any of the local sides to divert attention...

Carlisle have a game in hand

Wouldn't that make a difference?

Yes, as it means they can go above us. However, we can only in theory go down now in the 4th relegation spot. Therefore, everyone else between us and that spot also has to go above us.

Both Colchester and Crewe also need to get above us. They are both on 46 points. As they play each other, either one of them wins, which means the other must stay below us, or they both win their other two games, and draw against each other, both finishing on 53 points. For them both to go above us as well, they would both have to also go above us on GD. As our GD is +1, and Crewe's - 27, whilst not in the strict sense  'mathmatical', we are in any real sense now safe. As that can only come about if Crewe and Colchester draw, Crewe need to pull that back in two games. Failing us losing 12-0 to them at home, its done.... 

Carlisle have a game in hand

Wouldn't that make a difference?

The fact it is against Oldham helps, and I think the fact that Colchester and Crewe have to play one another means that only one of them can gain maximum points, so we'd need the most unfortunate set of results in history to relegate us, not forgetting some sound thrashing/opposition scoring buckets.

Ultimately, a single point for us/dropped three points from someone else keeps us in this league, which with three games to go is a significant victory for Cotterill.  

If he can now get us into a unit capable of recreating the form seen since Christmas over a whole season, next year could well be our best for sometime (although that is hardly saying much to be fair).

Carlisle's game in hand is against Crawley. I think the OP is right though thinking about it. As long as we don't lose the next 3 games 10-0 we will be fine.

Which way's the beach?

If you mean Dawlish, I'm on my way back.

Carlisle's game in hand is against Crawley. I think the OP is right though thinking about it. As long as we don't lose the next 3 games 10-0 we will be fine.

Which way's the beach?

I would be pretty darn sure if we did lose the next three 10-0, 53 points would still see us safe, but best not to test the hypothesis.

Archived