IGNORED

Greatest Goal By A City Player, Ever!

where's the joy

David Seal, of all people. Against Stockport for a 1-0 win, I think.

Flicked the ball up on his knee, back to goal and just outside the box. Then wellied it on the turn, across the keeper and into the opposite top corner.

Screamer.

You know I remember that goal too. I had to pick my mum and dad up from the airport and missed the game, but the saw the goal later on the news, a fantastic hit.

I can't remember any better goals than Maynard v qpr in the 25 years I have been watching us.

I agree with all the other choices especially Cashley's wind assisted goal and Ernie Hunts contribution. The Cov goals that kept us up (alongside the announcement that Sunderland had lost) and BIG Cheeses goals. But this was one of my favourite matches, nearly gave me another heart attack when we equalised and hardly having enough time to catch your breath when Christian Roberts hit the winner.... amazing comeback and great goal -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi5N2e4Zk_g

Impossible to name one!

Just about remember jimmy mann v forest. Shame there seems to be no footage of it. Also Maynard and noble as has been mentioned-both seem to get better every time you see them.

A great goal I haven't seen mentioned is lita overhead v Luton I think just before Christmas. Anyone remember that?

In terms of sheer wow factor and the loudest goal celebrations I have ever heard at the gate, Scott Murrays equaliser versus Middlesbrough in the FA Cup circa 2006/2007. Schwarzer with a decent punch to the edge of the 18 yard box, Murray first time curling effort catches the keeper off his line and sails in under the bar. Cue mad celebrations the Williams Stand has never since seen (barring Palace play off game)

Impossible to name one!

Just about remember jimmy mann v forest. Shame there seems to be no footage of it.

It was in the 79/80 season (I think?). There's an entry on Wikipedia which suggests that the goal featured on the opening credits of Points West for the rest of that season.

Which, perhaps, means that there might just be some footage of it somewhere??? Anyone work at/got friends who work at the BBC and could track it down?!

It was in the 79/80 season (I think?). There's an entry on Wikipedia which suggests that the goal featured on the opening credits of Points West for the rest of that season.Which, perhaps, means that there might just be some footage of it somewhere??? Anyone work at/got friends who work at the BBC and could track it down?!

Sounds about right Dave and I think you have just thrown down a challenge. Anyone able to track this goal down.

Loved Ivan's goal v Saints  - they sent their keeper up for a corner as we were 1-0 up in injury time, Basso caught the ball and set Ivan off from the left back position, he punted it into their half and easily outpaced any defenders and before we knew it he was bearing down on the goal at the Atyeo with no one in front of him, but as he got to the penalty area he seemed to have gone off track slightly and was heading for the tunnel.  He managed to get back on course just as a couple of Saints defenders looked like they would catch him.

For sheer importance and relief Donnie Gillies equaliser v Coventry after we seemed to be heading out of the top flight at the end of the first season back.

An honourable mention for Maynard v Newcastle which included a great pass from Hartley.

Archived