IGNORED

If Sammy Moves On

DownendRed97

Who you you make captain?

Cotterill probably had this in mind when signing El Abd, however this as we all know, has not worked out well so far.

I'd go for Wade Elliott (if we signed him) due to his experience, calmness and his good professionalism, or Osborne. Osborne captained Brentford on a few occasions on their rise up to league one and he's youngish, whole hearted in defence and organises well, such as Peterborough away, when El Abd saw red.

I hope Sammy stays though.

I'd be more worried about where 25 goals are coming from than who has the armband!

But being a traditionalist, there's something about a centre back, or at least a defensive player being captain for me. So I'd like to see Cotterill nail down his first choice defensive unit and then decide who is best fit to lead from there.

The sides promoted from this division don't have players at the top of the scoring charts, they have good defenders first and foremost.

Agree, you don't get promoted with a poor defence.

Why does everyone think Sam is going ?   

You have to consider it a very strong possibility. Could still finish on 25+ goals and that will turn heads.

Out of contract soon so clubs will fancy their chances at what could be a shrewd bit of business. I would be gobsmacked if there weren't a handful of Championship clubs willing to take a punt.

My hope is that SC can convince him that we will be challenging at the right end of the table next season and that he wants him to lead the way....we can hope. His goals are pretty irreplaceable, strikers of his breed are few and far between, and you have to think that keeping current employees will be easier than attracting new ones of the same or higher calibre.

SC saying not going anywhere at any price is to stop potential buyers trying to get him at a snip and that only really serious bids will be considered -- raising the bar and good for him!

I refer you to my second sentence then; for reason to keep a player lest we wish to be suicidal.

• Admin

Which is more cliche cods wallop.

How do you win leagues? By winning matches.

Not exactly.

Sort out your defence and you can win matches regularly through goals from defenders, midfielders & not-so-prolific strikers.

Have a great attack (such as a pair of strikers that have 50 goals between them JET & Sammy) and although they've won us some matches we are stuck in midtable.

If I had to choose between having a great attack or a great defence I know the attack would be more entertaining but the defence would be more successful.

I'm not so sure, your looking at about 1million to get a gamble on a striker being a good 20+ a season striker, or 2million to be a bit more sure. They the posh paid the same for Britt and Barnet what if you pay a million and get a Barnet?

Its not that clean cut. I always think your better off hanging onto the guy you know as best you can.

Of course there are no guarantees, but there is no guarantee Sam will have the same impact next year. He might go skiing and bust his knee, missing all of pre-season like a certain other prolific city striker I could name. I personally hope he signs a new contract and stays, but make no mistake; if we receive an offer that the club feel exceeds his value, that risk will be taken

Not exactly.

Sort out your defence and you can win matches regularly through goals from defenders, midfielders & not-so-prolific strikers.

Have a great attack (such as a pair of strikers that have 50 goals between them JET & Sammy) and although they've won us some matches we are stuck in midtable.

If I had to choose between having a great attack or a great defence I know the attack would be more entertaining but the defence would be more successful.

I get what you're saying, and it's usually true, but

Liverpool this season have gone against this old adage.

Wouldn't it be nice if just for a change the said player would come out and make an official statement to the press stating his desire to stay and that a signed contract is all but sealed? I know I am kidding myself, but it would put all of the speculation to bed and we could look forward to a new season without having to listen to morons tell us how they are going to rob us of our better players.

song for Sammy

some fans are worried that sam baldock will be in demand by championship

clubs, and it was pleasing to see recently sam saying he was happy, his

family were happy, and he was looking forward to next season.

We can play our part in keeping him here by singing his name at every

opportunity either at the gate tomorrow (Saturday) or at crawley next week.

How about the following, sang to the old Louis Armstrong tune  "mammy"

Sammyyyyy  sammyyyyyyyy  I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals

oh sammyyyyyyyyyy.

Archived