IGNORED

Where Are People Parking At Wycombe?

Eddie Hitler

I've heard a rumour that they're cordoning off the M4 such is the expected size of transit from Bristol to Wycombe.

Anyone confirm or deny?

I heard that might not be necessary as everyone making a weekend of it so leaving Friday night to sample Wycombe's legendary nightlife.

I've heard a rumour that they're cordoning off the M4 such is the expected size of transit from Bristol to Wycombe.

Anyone confirm or deny?

Quite correct. It will be closed between some shithole in Wales and another shithole in Wales for most of Saturday. The reason being given by the authorities is "who cares it's a ****in shithole anyway"

I heard that might not be necessary as everyone making a weekend of it so leaving Friday night to sample Wycombe's legendary nightlife.

Quite correct but the Salvation Army are advising people to bring their own tambourines due to demand

Notice this is going on at the White Horse from 12-30.

http://www.bar95.co.uk/events-and-opening-times/2014-04-26

If they Rovers fans got any sense they ought stay there all afternoon

Appearing is  Angel,  Chardais,  Jessica,  Natasha,  Pandora,  Petra and Zoe

From 3pm its,  O Toole, Harrod,  Lockyer, Parkes, Clarkson, Norburn and Broghammer

I know which 7 id like to be watching, and for free!!!!

Not to worry, we have found a couple of Ryanair pilots to do the job and they reckon Aberdeen is fairly close to Wycombe. Just need to organise the buses now & job done.

So we've sorted the transport and have tried on our new Wycombe kits for size apart from the poor lad above who is still waiting for his from e-bay (Mansfield shirt is next week's project) - so, where are we going to stand in the Car Park whilst the game is going on? Surely we should have our own "end"?

This is all very well but if they lose to Wycombe they will be submitting an appeal to the league that Rovers were hampered by the sheer number of Bristol City fans who took a whole day, a load of money and effort to hinder them...

Notice this is going on at the White Horse from 12-30.

http://www.bar95.co.uk/events-and-opening-times/2014-04-26

If they Rovers fans got any sense they ought stay there all afternoon

Appearing is  Angel,  Chardais,  Jessica,  Natasha,  Pandora,  Petra and Zoe

From 3pm its,  O Toole, Harrod,  Lockyer, Parkes, Clarkson, Norburn and Broghammer

I know which 7 id like to be watching, and for free!!!!

Yeah - O'Toole with his ............ Headband

Well with the 148,000 sags, 12,000 City regulars (who won't be at Ashton Gate), all the ex-pats flying in and any bandwagon jumpers I just hope that the good people of High Wycombe are ready.

Getting a tad worried now the full Wycombe kit I bought off ebay hasn't arrived yet.  :facepalm:

Been searching far and wide for one myself, sold out everywhere!

Well with the 148,000 sags, 12,000 City regulars (who won't be at Ashton Gate), all the ex-pats flying in and any bandwagon jumpers I just hope that the good people of High Wycombe are ready.

Been searching far and wide for one myself, sold out everywhere!

That's why the M4 west bound has been so busy lately - lorry loads of Wycombe kits being delivered to the Bristol area for some reason.

Wouldn't miss this one for the world, but no need to worry about parking for us.

103 of us started legging it from Bristol on Monday evening, all wearing our new Wycombe shirts.

Been going non stop ever since, singing 'THE GAS ARE GOING DOWN'  through the bitter nights to keep our spirits up.

Had a few mishaps and injuries along the way, as you'd expect, and unfortunately we've had to leave a few behind but at last count 95 of us still going strong, and of course all the casualties understood that we must go on.

Having a well earned pint or 7 at the moment at a pub in Ramsbury, Wilts. Good ( but hardly surprising) to report that the locals despise the gas to a man and have been joining in the relegation songs with gusto - and even started off a few new ones of their own. :clap: Such is their overwhelming goodwill we''re hard pressed to drink all the free pints being lined up by well wishers.

It's been the same all along the route and it's truly heartening to see the whole country united in earnest hatred of the gas and hoping so fervently for their demise.

Just over 50 miles to go, all being well we should be in Wycome by mid day on Saturday for one hell of a pre match piss up.

Which will be as nothing to the after match binge if Rovers get stuffed..... :pray: 

Onwards to Buckinghamshire!

COME ON WYCOMBE.  :city: 

Sent from my iphone.

Wouldn't miss this one for the world, but no need to worry about parking for us.

103 of us started legging it from Bristol on Monday evening, all wearing our new Wycombe shirts.

Been going non stop ever since, singing 'THE GAS ARE GOING DOWN'  through the bitter nights to keep our spirits up.

Had a few mishaps and injuries along the way, as you'd expect, and unfortunately we've had to leave a few behind but at last count 95 of us still going strong, and of course all the casualties understood that we must go on.

Having a well earned pint or 7 at the moment at a pub in Ramsbury, Wilts. Good ( but hardly surprising) to report that the locals despise the gas to a man and have been joining in the relegation songs with gusto - and even started off a few new ones of their own. :clap: Such is their overwhelming goodwill we''re hard pressed to drink all the free pints being lined up by well wishers.

It's been the same all along the route and it's truly heartening to see the whole country united in earnest hatred of the gas and hoping so fervently for their demise.

Just over 50 miles to go, all being well we should be in Wycome by mid day on Saturday for one hell of a pre match piss up.

Which will be as nothing to the after match binge if Rovers get stuffed..... :pray: 

Onwards to Buckinghamshire!

COME ON WYCOMBE.  :city: 

Sent from my iphone.

Have you set up a 'Just Giving' account or Twitter Feed Noggers?

I'm sure with more publicity your adventure of a life time will capture the public's imagination.  

Maybe get a slot on the One Show on Friday night?  be sure to send my love to Alex Jones if you do, won't you?

ajos2010537.jpg

I am genuinely going to this game.

I live about ten miles from wycombe ground and my mates a season ticket holder.

Will be looking forward to this as much as watching city.

Come on you wanderers !!! N

I have ordered a Wycombe shirt (polo, not replica) which I will be wearing in support of them at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Don't Wycombe wear the Gas quartered shirt only in a light blue/dark blue combo. Should confuse the hell out of them but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to wear one, I'll stick to my red City shirt. Fingers crossed I'll be ok

Have you set up a 'Just Giving' account or Twitter Feed Noggers?

I'm sure with more publicity your adventure of a life time will capture the public's imagination.

Maybe get a slot on the One Show on Friday night? be sure to send my love to Alex Jones if you do, won't you?

ajos2010537.jpg

Bloody hell, can't stand that dozy tart.

I am genuinely going to this game.

I live about ten miles from wycombe ground and my mates a season ticket holder.

Will be looking forward to this as much as watching city.

Come on you wanderers !!! N

What stand are you going in? As I am genuinely going myself would be ideal for me to hide amongst our masses. 

The industrial estate gets filled up quickly and is a nightmare to get out of afterwards so I was wondering what the alternatives were?

There's a retail park up the mahoosive hill, with a cinema and all the usual suspects.

Alternatively, check out the Chiltern Railways site and park and ride from somewhere like Risboro' or Saunderton.

Or fly park in a nearby street.

Or park in town and walk/bus from the Eden Centre.

Source: Live in Bucks, work in Wycombe. 

PS: Am I taking this too seriously?

PPS: if any Cidereds ARE going to the game, please behave yourselves, some of us have to live round here! :yes:

There's a retail park up the mahoosive hill, with a cinema and all the usual suspects.

Alternatively, check out the Chiltern Railways site and park and ride from somewhere like Risboro' or Saunderton.

Or fly park in a nearby street.

Or park in town and walk/bus from the Eden Centre.

Source: Live in Bucks, work in Wycombe. 

PS: Am I taking this too seriously?

PPS: if any Cidereds ARE going to the game, please behave yourselves, some of us have to live round here! :yes:

Yes, is the answer.

Question for Randy and the Smashers: are we bringing tuna or cheese for the sandwiches?  I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb.

Archived