IGNORED

Redevelopment

AlwaysARed

Such a shame, I understand there has to be abit of give and take with a new project like this, and we can't have it all our own way, what with the rugby lot moving in, but i guess everyone will have different opinions on what looks good and what doesn't, but for me, this is not good news and will make what would otherwise be a nice new, classy looking ground slightly tacky, and the off colour of metal bars will give it a slightly underwhelming look! I guess its the Williams for me from now on, I may get use to it in time, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

doesn't look tacky in the Westfalenstadion in dortmund

Also, am I right in thinking that Safe Standing hasn't even been approved yet in the Football League? If so, then its going to look even worse with half the stadium empty and only metal bars to look at. Correct me if I'm wrong.

nope we are hope to become a test for it,

Would you like to explain why you think there has been no consultation ?

Would you like to explain why you think there has been a consultation ?

I went to the open day nine months ago maybe longer and like many wrote sad things on a card about the Wedlock design.

That little card was it. Nothing since. Never mind,

nope we are hope to become a test for it,

Ok, so in that case, are we definitely having safe standing? And if so, surely they wont make the whole of the lower dolman safe standing until safe standing has been passed by the football league? It just wouldn't make financial sense otherwise and would leave city playing in a half empty ground! Maybe this is why the club haven't put out the final plans yet then?

Ok, so in that case, are we definitely having safe standing? And if so, surely they wont make the whole of the lower dolman safe standing until safe standing has been passed by the football league? It just wouldn't make financial sense otherwise and would leave city playing in a half empty ground! Maybe this is why the club haven't put out the final plans yet then?

What the club need initially is a legal view that if the safe standing is installed it will be defined as seating. As therefore it is not illegal to install it.

The rail seats can then remain locked down until such a point that safe standing is legalised in its entirety and we'll be ready to go.

Dave L - any approx date for more seeing some images?

Thanks

We aim to appoint the main contractor soon. We then need to make sure that there are no tiny tweaks to the finished look of the stadium which will arise from their appointment. We want to be sure that any images which we release are the final ones. We are aware that fans are keen to see final images and we will make them available as soon as possible.

We aim to appoint the main contractor soon. We then need to make sure that there are no tiny tweaks to the finished look of the stadium which will arise from their appointment. We want to be sure that any images which we release are the final ones. We are aware that fans are keen to see final images and we will make them available as soon as possible.

Dave

Have you a date yet for when the demolition work will start.

Thanks

Work on the pitch has already started. Demolition should start sometime in June, possibly sooner

Dave - seriously, you should sell bits of the old stand, am sure plenty on here would want to keep a bit of the club's history (note: I am being serious - think Berlin wall memorabilia, only not German and more important :clapping: )

Dave - seriously, you should sell bits of the old stand, am sure plenty on here would want to keep a bit of the club's history (note: I am being serious - think Berlin wall memorabilia, only not German and more important :clapping: )

That's the plan.

Seat are on sale tomorrow between 4pm and 8pm and on Sunday between 10 and 2.

We will also be looking to sell off other bits and pieces as we start the demolition process.

Video refs don't watch replays on big screens! They have their own super slow motion monitors that they use to make decisions.

Big screens are for fans only and I'm not bothered either way if we have them.

They look impressive, but also cause a distraction and aren't able to show replays of anything contentious anyway.

They are a horrible distraction.

I have been to Arsenal a couple of times (free tix from work, wouldn't pay to watch them) and after every incident - and I mean EVERY incident - the whole crowd turns around to look at the big screens behind them

I found it really annoying.

They are a horrible distraction.

I have been to Arsenal a couple of times (free tix from work, wouldn't pay to watch them) and after every incident - and I mean EVERY incident - the whole crowd turns around to look at the big screens behind them

I found it really annoying.

Same at Chelsea. The only people not looking at the screens, when something iffy happens, are the officials!

We aim to appoint the main contractor soon. We then need to make sure that there are no tiny tweaks to the finished look of the stadium which will arise from their appointment. We want to be sure that any images which we release are the final ones. We are aware that fans are keen to see final images and we will make them available as soon as possible.

This is actually becoming so farcical that I'm even becoming surprisingly amused by it all.

So we've waited all that time for jr deadlines etc, and a month later they still haven't even appointed a contractor?? :-P

If the potential tweaks are so TINY then they won't be a problem for presenting images of the design.

Not blaming you DL - Bristol sport are supposed to be project managing the development. In fact, lifted from their own website:

"We are different from traditional project managers, as they will approach such a project from a technical angle while we begin with the perspective of the fans..."

This is actually becoming so farcical that I'm even becoming surprisingly amused by it all.

So we've waited all that time for jr deadlines etc, and a month later they still haven't even appointed a contractor?? :-P

If the potential tweaks are so TINY then they won't be a problem for presenting images of the design.

Not blaming you DL - Bristol sport are supposed to be project managing the development. In fact, lifted from their own website:

"We are different from traditional project managers, as they will approach such a project from a technical angle while we begin with the perspective of the fans..."

i'll still only believe anything will happen when i'm sat in it

We aim to appoint the main contractor soon. We then need to make sure that there are no tiny tweaks to the finished look of the stadium which will arise from their appointment. We want to be sure that any images which we release are the final ones. We are aware that fans are keen to see final images and we will make them available as soon as possible.

I think I speak for the majority when I say we are not worried about the tiny tweaks here and there, we just want to see where we are at especially now the development is about to begin.

There have been major changes to the inside of the stadium since the last renders were shown last year and the club promised consultation at every step, this seems to have been forgotten and the fans are very much still in the dark.

Why do i get a gut feeling this is not going to happen.. No contractor appointed with weeks to go untill we should be on site? I find that very hard to believe..

Five different contractors have submitted detailed and extensive tenders and the decision on which one will be awarded the contract is very close. Each of them have been told that whoever wins will be expected to start work immediately. I can understand the frustration about images, but we want to be sure we get this absolutely right.

Five different contractors have submitted detailed and extensive tenders and the decision on which one will be awarded the contract is very close. Each of them have been told that whoever wins will be expected to start work immediately. I can understand the frustration about images, but we want to be sure we get this absolutely right.

Ah - so you don't have to go to tender, that's already done.  Ok, got it.  Was scared you needed to go to market still!!!!

Archived