IGNORED

Redevelopment

AlwaysARed

Yes there will be giants screens showing highlights etc and all the advertising hoardings will be electronic as well.  This will also be a WIFI ground where you can download a Smartphone App which will allow you to order food or drink from your seat during the game to be picked up at half time. You can purchase items from the club shop as well using this app .  You will also be able to watch what is being shown on the Giant Screens on your on your smart phone via this app as well 

• Admin

Doesnt matter how good the rebuild is

There will be loads of fan on otib moaning

because its not 100% how they wanted it to look!!

Which would not really come as too great as a surprise as OUR club stated there would be fan liaison through the whole process

I haven't seen this covered anywhere but will there be a screen in the stadium?

I might be totally wrong on this, so this is more a question than a reply, but if Bristol rugby are in the Premiership next season won't there have to be screens as they use the video ref in games?

I might be totally wrong on this, so this is more a question than a reply, but if Bristol rugby are in the Premier League next season won't there have to be screens as they use the video ref in games?

Video refs don't watch replays on big screens! They have their own super slow motion monitors that they use to make decisions.

Big screens are for fans only and I'm not bothered either way if we have them.

They look impressive, but also cause a distraction and aren't able to show replays of anything contentious anyway.

Video refs don't watch replays on big screens! They have their own super slow motion monitors that they use to make decisions.

Big screens are for fans only and I'm not bothered either way if we have them.

They look impressive, but also cause a distraction and aren't able to show replays of anything contentious anyway.

I realise how it's done. In every game on tv they have shown big screens at the ground and the fans watching the same footage being shown as the video ref sees, or at least I thought they were. So either the Premiership teams have to have screens for the fans to watch or they just sit and wait 'blind' until the decision is made? Like I said before its a question not a statement.

• Admin

I realise how it's done. In every game on tv they have shown big screens at the ground and the fans watching the same footage being shown as the video ref sees, or at least I thought they were. So either the Premiership teams have to have screens for the fans to watch or they just sit and wait 'blind' until the decision is made? Like I said before its a question not a statement.

BarBS3 is correct in that the video ref makes the decision, but RedM you are also correct that what the video ref is looking at is ALSO shown on the giant screen.

The guy in the box is essentially pausing, rewinding, changing the angles etc

I thought so cos the video ref looks at it and then says 'I have a report, do you want it' and I have seen cases when the ref on the pitch on viewing has seen enough and given the try himself anyway, without taking the video refs decision.

So IF Bristol gets into the Prem, there really has got to be at least one screen then?

• Admin

Would you like to explain why you think there has been no consultation ?

I couldn't give a toss about post 24, its totally irrelevant.

OK Let me make it simpler

I have not seen, heard or read of any consultation with the new stands.

People that I know have not seen, heard or read of any consultation with the new stands.

So for all our benefits as you clearly have been privvy to some kind of consultation, perhaps you could update the rest of us please?

I also assume that you never looked at the post I was referring to, as that lays it out very simply too.

For reference I have taken a copy and put it below

This is not just about the wedlock stand but even the dolman will look different now without boxes installed,

so how will this look from the images seen at the open night?.

With the Wedlock stand the logical thing would be for this new wedlock stand would be to have 3 internal images

made up for 3 scenarios IE:

Image 1 = Rail seats at the back with standard seating at the front.

Image 2 = No rail seats but a stand full of standard seating through out the stand.

Image 3 = Rail seats at the front with standard seating at the back.

Only image 3 has been seen so far from the open night almost a year a go?

At least give the fans some idea of what to expect so they can have some idea. 

Fans away from the internet are not aware of changes since the open night that a few attended.

We were allowed to see the image below but not a flipped around seating image? WHY?.

It is fair to say that the club quote of '''full fan consultation every step of the way''' has drifted way off since the

redevelopment open night.

4992381-large.jpg

dy7p.jpg

Also perhaps you could also update all those who have posted on here http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1657#entry12670

Including someone who IS involved that has had no consultation

We all know that but what RedM is saying is if Bristol go up this season then we will need one of these screens in place by the start of the rugby season.

never had one at the mem why do they need it suddenly,

Exeter Chiefs don't have one if I recall

• Admin

All I can say, and to put it very simply, is that you must have been on Mars for the last few months.

The wife has previously said that, but I "genuinely" haven't heard anyone asking for feedback etc.

The meetings held at the club were months ago and things have changed since then?

The recent "consultations" were about people moving seats etc???

We all know that but what RedM is saying is if Bristol go up this season then we will need one of these screens in place by the start of the rugby season.

Ah ok, apologies. Now I see what you are saying.

Perhaps they will whack the one up on the Atyeo roof this summer then, as there is nothing really holding that back?

With all the supposed lack of information re the redevelopment, does anyone else feel they are going to be totally underwhelmed when the modified plans are actually released? I hope I'm wrong but have a fear it's going to be a bit 'meh'!

So is there definitely going to be safe standing right across the lower dolman? as I thought it was just behind the goal in the east end that we would see safe standing? if so, I can't say I am particualrly happy about that, as my usual seat will be taken up by safe standing, which I have nothing against, I'm just more used to sitting rather than standing during a game, and find it more comfortable, plus too much safe standing makes the stadium look crap IMO.

So is there definitely going to be safe standing right across the lower dolman? as I thought it was just behind the goal in the east end that we would see safe standing? if so, I can't say I am particualrly happy about that, as my usual seat will be taken up by safe standing, which I have nothing against, I'm just more used to sitting rather than standing during a game, and find it more comfortable, plus too much safe standing makes the stadium look crap IMO.

That has been the plan all along. Also, not to disappoint you but your usual seat is being demolished as part of the upgrade regardless of whether safe standing is implemented or not.

As regards to the safe standing looking crap, we will have to disagree on that point!

That has been the plan all along. Also, not to disappoint you but your usual seat is being demolished as part of the upgrade regardless of whether safe standing is implemented or not.

As regards to the safe standing looking crap, we will have to disagree on that point!

Such a shame, I understand there has to be abit of give and take with a new project like this, and we can't have it all our own way, what with the rugby lot moving in, but i guess everyone will have different opinions on what looks good and what doesn't, but for me, this is not good news and will make what would otherwise be a nice new, classy looking ground slightly tacky, and the off colour of metal bars will give it a slightly underwhelming look! I guess its the Williams for me from now on, I may get use to it in time, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Archived