IGNORED

Police Filming Exuberant Youngsters On Pitch.

What was that all about? Why was that necessary? Who were the kids going to harm? (A small bunch of well mannered Crewe fans?) I think a pc went into auto pilot (remembering the gas game) and did his "duty" without any common sense being applied. This kind of blatant over use of video technology smacks of a police state. Where will it end, will we have cameras up our jumpers next or in our bedrooms? Total disgrace.

No sympathy, not as if the were not given enough warnings.

Ignore orders, the threat of a banning order, don't bother moaning about it when you are caught.  It is not as if they don't understand English.  

Only need one idiot young or old to take a swing at Phillips!

Ignore orders, the threat of a banning order, don't bother moaning about it when you are caught.  It is not as if they don't understand English.  

That's not the issue - obviously people should not go on the pitch. The issue is civil liberties.

Also, the players had left the pitch and the youngsters were at the other end of the pitch. Common sense needs to be applied.

That's not the issue - obviously people should not go on the pitch. The issue is civil liberties.

Also, the players had left the pitch and the youngsters were at the other end of the pitch. Common sense needs to be applied.

No they hadn't many fans were running up shaking hands with the players, which is fine, Only needs one numbskull to ruin all that for everyone

What was that all about? Why was that necessary? Who were the kids going to harm? (A small bunch of well mannered Crewe fans?) I think a pc went into auto pilot (remembering the gas game) and did his "duty" without any common sense being applied. This kind of blatant over use of video technology smacks of a police state. Where will it end, will we have cameras up our jumpers next or in our bedrooms? Total disgrace.

I wish my Grandad was still around to see the final game from ye olde East End today. He once told me that City sold 2 upcoming City starlets to Blackburn Rovers and the money Blackburn paid was used to finance the building of the East End - in the 1920s? As for this country becoming a Police state, he never really had a good word to say about Police and he'd delight in telling tales of exteme valour of how RAF Bomber Command targetted the German Gestapo cousins of our Police in bombing raids. Apparently, the German City of Dresden contained an infamous Gestapo Police HQ and the RAF blast bombed and fire bombed it from the face of the Earth in a now famous and daring raid during February 1945.

No they hadn't many fans were running up shaking hands with the players, which is fine, Only needs one numbskull to ruin all that for everyone

The youngsters I saw being filmed were at the EE and were not near players. As per the Benjamin Franklin quote: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Won't someone please think of the children??

Chill out FFS. Given what happened last time e.g. City fans throwing coins etc into the away end, its fair game.

Ignore orders, the threat of a banning order, don't bother moaning about it when you are caught. It is not as if they don't understand English.

What warnings? A single article online the website which whilst just asked people not to run on the pitch so there could be a lap of honour! Hardly "enough warnings", " threat of a banning order" etc.

What warnings? A single article online the website which whilst just asked people not to run on the pitch so there could be a lap of honour! Hardly "enough warnings", " threat of a banning order" etc.

.....and the repeated warnings over the PA on at least a dozen occasions during the game and as it ended....

Afteer the lap of honour as the stand started to empty I stayed behind to grab a few pics of the old girl for a final time, feeling quite emotional a copper came up to me and basically said get the f out I want to go home. A line of stewards were then formed to push the last few remaining people out. Could have just shown a little compassion and let people leave naturally.

I wish my Grandad was still around to see the final game from ye olde East End today. He once told me that City sold 2 upcoming City starlets to Blackburn Rovers and the money Blackburn paid was used to finance the building of the East End - in the 1920s? As for this country becoming a Police state, he never really had a good word to say about Police and he'd delight in telling tales of exteme valour of how RAF Bomber Command targetted the German Gestapo cousins of our Police in bombing raids. Apparently, the German City of Dresden contained an infamous Gestapo Police HQ and the RAF blast bombed and fire bombed it from the face of the Earth in a now famous and daring raid during February 1945.

I much preferred the police when they were a service rather than a force. I can't imagine Dixon of Dock Green filming children on a football pitch celebrating the last home game of the season.

In the East End nothing was heard, we couldn't even hear Lansdown's speech and that was before it was full and in complete voice!

OK - point taken. Where I was sat (Dolman) I couldn't hear the person next to me over the top of it!

But, I'd still suggest that

a) they say the same thing every season, and

b) its a criminal offence

so still find it a little hard to believe that no-one thought it might not be welcomed by the club or police!

Archived