IGNORED

Peacocks Contract

Wilksi

Guest XrAnGeX
I dont think he will be missed at the City if he looks else where for a job. :dunno:
I'd have to agree... Hasn't lived up to recent strikers, namely:

Goater ! ! !

Akinbiyi ! !

Thorpe ! (Has to be said)

Am I on my own in thinking that we might actually miss peacock for his midfield/defensive work?!
NO,If Leapy goes :D it WILL FOLLOW THE LONG STANDING TRADITION OF GETTING SHOT OF OUR HIGHEST GOALSCORER; :dunno:

Guest RedHotCityPepper

I think Peacock will be missed cos he does a lot of the donkey (no pun intended) work that other don;t. He works really hard which is omething that roberts especially lack. He was out top goalscorer, and as the only poeple who have scored goals in our team regularly are peacock and roberts surely it would be a shame to lose one of them. I think, although he has his faults, he comes in for a lot of undue abuse. If we can replace him, fair enough, out with what we've got i think he'll be missed. He didn;t play in our worst performance of the season (playoff final) and i think it showed.

Now i can;t wait to get abuse for this message!

CTID :dunno:

Quote from Western Daily

"We need a goalscorer. Lee Peacock was top scorer this year with 16 goals and that's not enough, " said Tinnion.

All you Peacock lovers:

Read and weep, out of his own team mates mouths!!

Thank you and goodnight!!

Leapy, close the the door on yer way out, Ta!

This is bloody ridiculous !

Yeah I agree Peacock started far too often but the way you lot are going on is as if he was a Baird,Nugest or a Torpey !

At the end of the day he still scored sixteen goals.And lets not forget we havent even got a replacement let alone the money to buy one !

C'mon fellas.Peacock does'nt deserve this flak !

OK, Let's keep knocking Lee Peacock but who else have we got?.

Lee Miller-too lightweight,falls over a lot,not enough goals.

Christian Roberts-no,not good enough.

Leroy Lita-Don't play him he might score.

Stephen Gillespie-Unknown,worth a look.

At least Leapy looked as though he tried to compete,yeah maybe not the finished article but he did a lot more than his fellow strikers to get us where we ended up.

In saying this I reckon we do need a gurt lush proper goalscorer to play alongside either Lita or Gillespie(if he's good enough),I just don't think that over a season that Miller or Roberts are the one's for the task in hand.

Come on you reds.

Guest RedHotCityPepper

"This is bloody ridiculous !

Yeah I agree Peacock started far too often but the way you lot are going on is as if he was a Baird,Nugest or a Torpey !

At the end of the day he still scored sixteen goals.And lets not forget we havent even got a replacement let alone the money to buy one !

C'mon fellas.Peacock does'nt deserve this flak !"

Here here, my point exactly.

Was it so long ago when the fans chanted "Feed the cock and he will score"?

Or was that just me?

Or my imagination!

CTID :dunno:

All you Peacock lovers:

Read and weep, out of his own team mates mouths!!

Thank you and goodnight!!

Leapy, close the the door on yer way out, Ta!

Maybe if he didnt have to keep coming to midfield and defence to get the ball he may of scored a few more;hes gone anyway! he wont be able to survive the forum; Tinman and Steve L regularly browse here; and will notice the repeated ridiculing , for no apparrent reason of super Lee Peacock.

Guest BCFC_Snake

I'm all for to see Peacock go.. and if it was upto me, he wouldnt of got a new contract! Simple reason.. he cant score goals!

Peacocks OK. We just need a Bob Taylor to his Robbie Turner, if you know what i mean.

I'm sure all this is doing his confidence a world of good and if he is'nt ###### already he will be by the beginning of next season. Have we all forgotten his scoring run at the start of the season, and the goal against plymouth amongst others?

It was Wilson tactics at fault. One players form doesn't cost promotion.

Maybe if he didnt have to keep coming to midfield and defence to get the ball he may of scored a few more;hes gone anyway! he wont be able to survive the forum; Tinman and Steve L regularly browse here; and will notice the repeated ridiculing , for no apparrent reason of super Lee Peacock.
If Leapy was any kop he would have replaced Thorpe at the beginning of his last season!

If Leapy is so damn good why wasnt he 2nd highest scorer after Scotty, rather than Robbo, if as alleged sooooooo often on this forum that Robbo is crap.

Touche, If Leapy is slammed by me and others, what about the contanst slagging of Robbo, and Lee Miller in particular..

Peacock has not ever been or ever will be a striker at this club, and no matter what his workrate (and if you look through my posts, I have never criticised his workrate), the fact is he is not good enough to play as the clubs No 9...compare him to Cole, Allison, Taylor, Akinbiyi, Agostino, Goater, Thorpe...and there is no comparison. akinbiyi got if I remember correctly 23 goals, for City, in a season which we got relegated in, and taking several hammerings in the process.

While hes not as bad as the likes of Steve Jones, Seal et al, he is comparable with Steve Torpey, and we got rid of him, beacause he wasnt good enough.

I'd have to agree... Hasn't lived up to recent strikers, namely:

Goater ! ! !

Akinbiyi ! !

Thorpe ! (Has to be said)

I'd prefer Peacock to Thorpe.............at least Peacock puts the effort in!

Guest M_A_A_B
NO,If Leapy goes :D it WILL FOLLOW THE LONG STANDING TRADITION OF GETTING SHOT OF OUR HIGHEST GOALSCORER; :dunno:
Yeah but we wont care when we've got a better one will we?! :D

Archived