IGNORED

Peacocks Contract

Wilksi

Guest Spike

Everyone seems to be focusing on Goals which i can understand but what you seem to be missing is the fact Peacock was our Michael Owen, he was more like our target man... the backbone of the two strikers. If Peacock had been given a strike partner to glue with rather than our strikers being thrown about left right and center with him I think we could have scored alot of goals!

Peacock isnt a striker... hes a target man who puts the ball in the net occasionally and I DO think he will be missed when we have two out and out goalscorers who cant play well together....

strike duo's have always been a case of Ying and Yang... not two yangs or two yings.

Everyone seems to be focusing on Goals which i can understand but what you seem to be missing is the fact Peacock was our Michael Owen, he was more like our target man... the backbone of the two strikers. If Peacock had been given a strike partner to glue with rather than our strikers being thrown about left right and center with him I think we could have scored alot of goals!

Peacock isnt a striker... hes a target man who puts the ball in the net occasionally and I DO think he will be missed when we have two out and out goalscorers who cant play well together....

strike duo's have always been a case of Ying and Yang... not two yangs or two yings.

Horrah, I see someone who agrees with me!!!

Although with what you're saying bout Ying and Yang, Rooney and Owen seemed to do well on the weekend. Their link up play was supurb and movement off the ball was 2nd to none.

then again, they are premiership standard!

I have heard from a reliable source (i.e. a guy who was chatting to Tinman just before he went to Greece) that Peacock will be going to Leeds. I know he doesn't seem good enough, but Leeds can only afford frees.

If Leapy was any kop he would have replaced Thorpe at the beginning of his last season!

If Leapy is so damn good why wasnt he 2nd highest scorer after Scotty, rather than Robbo, if as alleged sooooooo often on this forum that Robbo is crap.

Touche, If Leapy is slammed by me and others, what about the contanst slagging of Robbo, and Lee Miller in particular..

Peacock has not ever been or ever will be a striker at this club, and no matter what his workrate (and if you look through my posts, I have never criticised his workrate), the fact is he is not good enough to play as the clubs No 9...compare him to Cole, Allison, Taylor, Akinbiyi, Agostino, Goater, Thorpe...and there is no comparison. akinbiyi got if I remember correctly 23 goals, for City, in a season which we got relegated in, and taking several hammerings in the process.

While hes not as bad as the likes of Steve Jones, Seal et al, he is comparable with Steve Torpey, and we got rid of him, beacause he wasnt good enough.

I know, my point being NONE of them are still here; and most go and carry on scoring.Peacock will score goals and so will Roberts/Lita/Miller/Gillespe, maybe we aint making enough chances for them?

He is as good as any striker in this league but we arenever going to agree on this. Each to his own as they say. :dunno:

Guest bristolbred
Am I on my own in thinking that we might actually miss peacock for his midfield/defensive work?!
That's the whole story with Leapy!!!. :)

Lack of goals, leading to everyone forgetting that he does chase after the ball when he loses it!!, ( Roberts take note!!). And the fact that he does rather well in midfield, (maybe time for a position change here!!, lack of pressure from the fans could lead to more goals??). :D

Personally, if he went to the First division, he'll struggle, end up playing reserve footy, or being loaned out to a third division club!!, :laugh:

But with Wilson and Barlow going, he's lost his chance of playing week in, week out, regardless of fitness, and ability!!. :P

Scotty found out that the grass isn't greener on the other side, so if i was Leapy, i'd sign up for the best deal i could get with City, be made to fight week in, week out for a place with the squad, and hopefully see a career get better!!. :dunno:

:D:D:D:laugh:

Guest bristolbred
Cor people like the sound of their own voices dont they?! :Sleep12:

I do!!, :P

Shame we havn't got sound on this forum!!!, :D

:dunno::D:D:D

Guest bristolbred
Touche, If Leapy is slammed by me and others, what about the contanst slagging of Robbo, and Lee Miller in particular..

Watch Miller come on in leaps and bounds, now that we have a man in charge, who will bring out his true potential!!. :D

And Robbo will know that the Tinman will bring in another striker, so he'll be having to fight for a place as well, which will be no bad thing!!. :laugh:

The future looks bright, :)

The future is RED!!!, and WHITE!!!. :D

:dunno::D:D:laugh:

Guest bristolbred
Tinman and Steve L regularly browse here; and will notice the repeated ridiculing , for no apparrent reason of super Lee Peacock.
I think that no matter what is said Steve L, and Tinman are grown men, able to make up their own minds, rather than listen to the people in the forum, as to what is best for the Club. :dunno:

As with Wilsons sacking, it wasn't the intervention of fan power that ended his career at Ashton Gate, but negativity and financial constraints, after missing out on promotion for the second season on the trot, with a team more than capable of holding it's own in division 1. :Mixed9:

:D:D:D

That's the whole story with Leapy!!!. 

Lack of goals, leading to everyone forgetting that he does chase after the ball when he loses it!!, ( Roberts take note!!). And the fact that he does rather well in midfield, (maybe time for a position change here!!, lack of pressure from the fans could lead to more goals??). 

Personally, if he went to the First division, he'll struggle, end up playing reserve footy, or being loaned out to a third division club!!, 

But with Wilson and Barlow going, he's lost his chance of playing week in, week out, regardless of fitness, and ability!!. 

Scotty found out that the grass isn't greener on the other side, so if i was Leapy, i'd sign up for the best deal i could get with City, be made to fight week in, week out for a place with the squad, and hopefully see a career get better!!. 

Very good post there Bristolbred!Leapy's work rate is amazing!He might not be the best struker but he can play well in an attacking midfield role making sure the ball is pumped in to the box and fight for for every lost cause.Think of rougier's goal against Hartlepool in the 1st leg.How can anyone forget that ball from Lee Peacock.With Tinman not playing every week now, there is a place open in the centre of midfield and i think Peecock can fill that void very easily and effectively!

I think we missed Peacock in the Play off final big time. He seems to be getting critisied for helping the team to defend etc. - is that not what people like Shearer behave (team game and all that)

The problem all season has been delivery, the final ball has been shocking and quite often Peacock has run the channels to get the damm thing as its the only way he's going to get the ball.

Still needs to sharpen his shooting boots, but the lay of this blame on his doorstep is hiding from the fact that strikers and only as good as the service they get.

The problem all season has been delivery, the final ball has been shocking and quite often Peacock has run the channels to get the damm thing as its the only way he's going to get the ball.

I would also like to pick up on this point.PLayers like Hill who push forward constantly (when he is a defender) can not seem to play a descent ball in to the box! He goes on these amazing runs then there is no end product and therefore leaves a big gap in defence.We CAN'T have defenders playing balls in to the box for strikers to get on to, thats a midfielders job.

I know, my point being NONE of them are still here; and most go and carry on scoring.Peacock will score goals and so will Roberts/Lita/Miller/Gillespe, maybe we aint making enough chances for them?

He is as good as any striker in this league but we arenever going to agree on this. Each to his own as they say. :dunno:

Exactly my point, we only ever lose good strikers like those mentioned.

Also to those who compare Owens role to Leapys, fair point, but he has been given to No9 shirt..indicating he is the main striker, therefore as our best striker should have had a lot more goals in his time here, especially as our only experienced one this season, and one of a small band of said older and allegedly wiser players.

We'll agree to disagree on Leapy, thats true, as we only want the best for our club.

All you Peacock lovers:

Read and weep, out of his own team mates mouths!!

Thank you and goodnight!!

Leapy, close the the door on yer way out, Ta!

I remember tins saying that if we lose peacock, we lose 15 goals a season, so we need someone to replace him, if he does go, now surely tins isn'having a dig at leapy, but at some of the other strikers? If Miller had got 15, and robbo got 15, then theres the rest of the goals. So why would he have a dig at leapy?

In support of Peacock have to say he had very little service this year. He may only have scored 16 but that still amounts to a high percentage of total goals scored. On top of which Miller is seen as an amazing prospect on the basis of how many goals for Falkirk at what amounts to conference level football - 17 if I recall correctly !

If you want proof of the guys ability why exactly are Div 1 clubs interested then ? Do you think that any other of our strikers would attract this interest?

If he goes and that seems very likely then personally I would give the kids a chance namely Gillespie and Lita. If City buy in again then they may as well give Miller a free because what is that saying about his prospects with the club ?

Am I on my own in thinking that we might actually miss peacock for his midfield/defensive work?!
No.

Ok he should have scored more goals than he did, and he was continually playing even when it looked as if he couldn't hit a barn door, but that was down to Wilson and his failure to drop one of his first teamers. As far as I'm concerned, Wilsons train of thought was that if you usually get picked for the first team, and you're fit, then you're in regardless of the form you are in (Peacock, Butler, Burnell, A Brown etc).

I'm not Peacocks biggest fan (I'd get a beating if I claimed I was :blush: ) but I don't have anything against him. Some of the stick is deserved, but then again some of it isn't.

He's not irreplaceable, but he's certainly not that bad of a player.

Guest DANBOY_BCFC
All you Peacock lovers:

Read and weep, out of his own team mates mouths!!

Thank you and goodnight!!

Leapy, close the the door on yer way out, Ta!

Wow, he must think Robbo, Miller and Lita are really ###t then

Archived