IGNORED

League One Team Of The Year (Merged)

Who Are Rovers?

Half of the team Wolverhampton players, and the soon to be top goalscorer league one doesn't make it? Baffling..

Ikeme, Ricketts, Bidwell, Batth, Maguire, Sako, Pringle, McDonald, Forshaw, Wilson, Assombalonga

I would of thought Baldock would of made it for certain, and possibly Williams, but clearly not.

100% baldock but i think it would be very biased to say williams should get in 

I might be wrong but recall it being mentioned in past

Pretty sure it was Tom when Bob Taylor got 34 and unbelievably wasn't in it.

The guy who was instead got 15, but had them all by January when the PFA collects the votes.

Yet Steve Phillips I think was in it 2 years running & we call him 'Flapper'........

Harsh on him as a player, I thought he was a damn good shot stopper, made the odd cock upon a cross, but I have seen many worse keepers than him.  I think Rovers did it for him, plus his arrogant attitude, not the nicest bloke I have ever met off the pitch, and a bit of a stinking attitude, especially after years of not having a understudy to really push him.

Certainly  pretty good keeper though.  

JET and Baldock the only behind Suarez/Sturridge, Aguero/Negredo and Ings/Vokes in the whole country in terms of their goals and neither in the team - pretty much sums up how little respect/coverage the club gets to be honest.

Assombalonga - fair enough he's scored lots too - but Peterborough have been competititive all season. To score as many as Baldock in a team that's spent most of the season down at the wrong end of the league is insane, pretty much equivalent to a Palace striker being top scorer in the Premier League. If that happened MOTD would be creaming all over it.

EDIT - just read that this is decided in Jan? What a mockery! Reminds me of when I saw a car advert in February described as the "What Car Car of the Year 2014". How can you say that in February?!

Mentioned in the other thread Baldock is the only top scorer from the top 4 leagues to not be in their league's team of the year

Without wanting to go over a lot of old ground maybe a few of us are justified in what were saying about him then (ie missing a shedload of chances earlier in the season)

It's a player vote isn't it? Swindon's Alex Pritchard was nominated for several awards by the Football League but missed out on the PFA team, fair enough.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas could have ripped this division to shreads if his intensity levels were consistent. I like Baldock because he's a little bit old school but he could have easily scored 35+ for City this season in the league alone.

I'd be surprised if you don't cash in on those two this summer.

Interesting that there were two Bristol Rovers players in the L2 equivalent, Michael Smith I wouldn't argue with but I'm not a fan of O'Toole.

We're all experts without seeing a lot of these players enough and that's attributed to players too.

They're not always going to think 'Well Sam Baldock got a consolation goal against us so I'll vote for him', they're going to vote against the players that ran *them* ragged for 90 minutes during their two experiences against these players.

It's a player vote isn't it? Swindon's Alex Pritchard was nominated for several awards by the Football League but missed out on the PFA team, fair enough.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas could have ripped this division to shreads if his intensity levels were consistent. I like Baldock because he's a little bit old school but he could have easily scored 35+ for City this season in the league alone.

I'd be surprised if you don't cash in on those two this summer.

Interesting that there were two Bristol Rovers players in the L2 equivalent, Michael Smith I wouldn't argue with but I'm not a fan of O'Toole.

They liked playing against the Gas players because they made them look good .

Archived