IGNORED

Plan Of The Ashton Gate Changes

SecretSam

Forgive me for being a bit of a detail freak, but is there a programme for the changes to AG?  I'm interested to know what's happening when, and what will be done by when.

It would seem that the programme is as follows:

1. Lay new pitch, shifting it across 5 metres (underway)
  2. Take down East End, and rebuild
  3. Take down Williams, and rebuild
  4. Substantial refurb of Dolman, including extension across into space vacated by pitch move; add 'holes' to enable fans to enter through the stand rather than from the ends
  5. Muck about with the Atyeo as necessary (can happen during the above changes)

What else is involved - are there improvements to the retail and conference facilities, for example? 

Sorry if this is all a bit detailed, but I've worked on a number of projects to plan redevelopments (in health) and am curious to know how it all plans to pan out.  Is there a simple guide/web page, for example?

v03s.jpg

I think this was the original 4 stage plan mooted. I also noticed when flicking through the drawings, that the Dolman roof design may have changed: In one of the drawings, it extends towards the Atyeo, held up by awkward looking supports in the Atyeo/Dolman Corner. In the other, the existing roof is maintained, albeit extended to cover the lower tier. 51775196.jpg

7k1b.jpg

Thanks OddBallJim

Where do I get to see all these plans, etc????  And is there going to be a regular update on the main club website, showing what's happening, especially over the summer break?

Finally - WTF are we doing about pre-season friendlies?

Forgive me for being a bit of a detail freak, but is there a programme for the changes to AG?  I'm interested to know what's happening when, and what will be done by when.

It would seem that the programme is as follows:

• Lay new pitch, shifting it across 5 metres (underway)
  • Take down East End, and rebuild
  • Take down Williams, and rebuild
  • Substantial refurb of Dolman, including extension across into space vacated by pitch move; add 'holes' to enable fans to enter through the stand rather than from the ends
  • Muck about with the Atyeo as necessary (can happen during the above changes)
What else is involved - are there improvements to the retail and conference facilities, for example? 

Sorry if this is all a bit detailed, but I've worked on a number of projects to plan redevelopments (in health) and am curious to know how it all plans to pan out.  Is there a simple guide/web page, for example?

The new Desso pitch will not be moved 5 metres across at the end of this season.

It will be the same as the existing pitch.

When the Williams is demolished a 5 m strip will be added to that side, and a 5 m strip,taken off the Dolman side.

The pitch will also be 1m higher so the front rows of the Existing stands will be taken out.

As for the rest presumably a high level project plan is available somewhere.

Thanks OddBallJim

Where do I get to see all these plans, etc????  And is there going to be a regular update on the main club website, showing what's happening, especially over the summer break?

There is a handy thread on another forum called skyscraper city - that's where I lifted these froms. ST holders were emailed some drawings in 2013 I believe... but I've long since lost mine. There's going to be a webcam set up once the building work starts and Jon Lansdown has said that he aims to have updated artists impressions with the fans over the course of the summer but made some lame excuse about keeping everything quiet after the AV fiasco. Pre-season will take place at AG I would imagine, although if the pitch isn't ready I'm sure we would have the option of reversing fixtures to the oppositions ground.

v03s.jpg

I think this was the original 4 stage plan mooted. I also noticed when flicking through the drawings, that the Dolman roof design may have changed: In one of the drawings, it extends towards the Atyeo, held up by awkward looking supports in the Atyeo/Dolman Corner. In the other, the existing roof is maintained, albeit extended to cover the lower tier. 51775196.jpg

7k1b.jpg

As the steps to the Dolman are being removed soon I assume the infill stand between Dolman and Wedlock will be built as part of phase 1 not phase 3.

The new Desso pitch will not be moved 5 metres across at the end of this season.

It will be the same as the existing pitch.

When the Williams is demolished a 5 m strip will be added to that side, and a 5 m strip,taken off the Dolman side.

The pitch will also be 1m higher so the front rows of the Existing stands will be taken out.

As for the rest presumably a high level project plan is available somewhere.

Crikey.  Perhaps they should put the pitch on wheels to make it easier to move

Thanks OddBallJim

Latest plans are here

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=N192TBDN00J00

Thanks OddBallJim

We're NOT playing Willem II despite ALL the fans wanting it (allegedly)

We're NOT playing Willem II despite ALL the fans wanting it (allegedly)

Oh FFS, surely the Board could sort that out, it's a total no-brainer.  Maybe when the 'new' AG is ready they might invite them over to open it with a nice little game?

Come on, guys, you'd be guaranteed a decent crowd in they came.  Miles better than playing bl00dy Southampton, or Bournemuff, or anyone else from a higher division within 90 miles of BS3

v03s.jpg

7k1b.jpg

I think that early image which depicted the dolman roof canopy near the atyeo was just that - an image; a visualisation. It didn't appear on any planning doc as far as I'm aware.

However, there has been a slight modification to the roof design in the recent revision, involving a different support truss for the extension over the lower tier.

I believe the Dolman will be refurbed before the williams gets knocked down... I'm guessing the facilities that will be lost from the williams will be located in the wedlock and/or dolman, directors box, media box and gantry etc.

I hope that the toilets and snack outlets will be fit for purpose. The toilets are no where near large enough, causing congestion at various times as do the snack areas. Half time saturday at kiosk 6 in the Atyeo, there was One girl serving the queue, and she was running out of stock.What a shambles.Not for the first time this season. It appears that anything like food, drink or toilets are just an afterthought, not big enough, not staffed enough and just the bare minimum as an afterthought.

Really? Where did you hear about that? Must have missed it. So that would surely result in a loss of not insignificant capacity if it is the first few rows all around the stadium...

I presume this is something to do with the installation of under soil heating?

Really? Where did you hear about that? Must have missed it. So that would surely result in a loss of not insignificant capacity if it is the first few rows all around the stadium...

I presume this is something to do with the installation of under soil heating?

The plastic strands for the Desso are punched into the soil to a depth that will hold them securely.

I think it's something like 30cm but stand to be corrected, DL has said that the first row of seats will be removed from existing stands.

Presumably the new stands will be built to accommodate the new level of the pitch?

I think it's something like 30cm but stand to be corrected, DL has said that the first row of seats will be removed from existing stands.

Presumably the new stands will be built to accommodate the new level of the pitch?

Good point. So it is only the atyeo which will really be affected (equating to around 150-175 seats), although one could argue that the dolman will be losing capacity as well, at least potentially.

Good point. So it is only the atyeo which will really be affected (equating to around 150-175 seats), although one could argue that the dolman will be losing capacity as well, at least potentially.

Old Trafford had a Desso pitch installed last season, the level of their pitch was also raised but ive not seen anything about them removing rows.

I've not seen much of the Dolman plans, is it going to be fitted out with toilets and concourses and turnstiles? Is the DEH going to be no more?

Was thinking that as I was sat in it last Saturday. I know the new entrances will break it up a bit on the ground floor, but there should be scope for a mezzanine floor with a bar and seats. The little bar at the Atyeo end is the next level up, so plenty of empty space to play with.

Was thinking that as I was sat in it last Saturday. I know the new entrances will break it up a bit on the ground floor, but there should be scope for a mezzanine floor with a bar and seats. The little bar at the Atyeo end is the next level up, so plenty of empty space to play with.

There is a lot of wasted space in the Dolman, as you said there is already that bar so plenty of space the next level up. The DEH is a good space, would be a shame to replace it with toilets etc when all that could be the next level up. But I'm guessing with better concourse facilities in the other stands and a 'pub' the demand for the DEH will be much lower. I also guess some corparate and media facilities will be built to allow for when the Williams goes.

The lower dolman will be going dec 14/jam 15 apart from block m (?) which goes straight away to allow access to dolman bar. Only tv gantry going in upper dolman,

Regarding the TV gantry going into the Dolman, is this a permanent switch or temporary while the redevelopment takes place? Will be strange to see footage from the other side of the ground to usual.

Aren't there new seats for the front of the Dolman ? I guess that would mean less new seats rather than losing current ones.

Archived