IGNORED

Plan Of The Ashton Gate Changes

SecretSam

Correct. Once the Williams is built the gantry will be under the williams roof truss......way up in the gods

That camera angle is going to be more Goodyear Blimp, less Highbury then isn't it. Wondered if they might put the gantry between the two tiers for a better angle? (forgive my lack of detailed knowledge of the new stand)

That camera angle is going to be more Goodyear Blimp, less Highbury then isn't it. Wondered if they might put the gantry between the two tiers for a better angle? (forgive my lack of detailed knowledge of the new stand)

Most of my understanding is based on the planning documents. The main media hub is in the Ateyo / Williams corner and although they may well provide a broadcasting media area central to the Williams stand, there is definitly a TV gantry high inside the roof area. What I dont know is how the hell the camerman gets there!

Well this is my question too. The docs aren't clear cut.

At first I too believed it to be a gantry that is visible slung underneath the roof, but there doesn't appear to be access. Usually they actually show a cameraman and/or camera, but here it is not the case.

I'm starting to wonder if the camera will actually be between tiers, and that what we can see under the roof is actually a roof maintenance/service area.

Most of my understanding is based on the planning documents. The main media hub is in the Ateyo / Williams corner and although they may well provide a broadcasting media area central to the Williams stand, there is definitly a TV gantry high inside the roof area. What I dont know is how the hell the camerman gets there!

I remember back in the 60's watching BBC Wales Sport. Wrexham had their main cameras BEHIND the goal! It seemed very strange.

Whilst on the subject of cameras are they going to build different camera angles into the new stands? I rememer at the Rovers game there was a camera man in front of me and his job was made very difficult due to people pushing into him, drinks over him etc. Could tell he was really annoyed but carried on doing a brilliant job.

Archived