IGNORED

New End......new Name ?

Tall King Blox

Hi peeps, dunno if this has been discussed before so mods bin it if it has..........

Thought is, now the East End is being demolished and a shiny new one is being constructed

in it's place, do we keep the "East End" ( which I prefer ) as it's name or go for a new one ?

Any thoughts or suggestions for a new name ?

( places tin hat on head and hits the post new topic button )

Hi peeps, dunno if this has been discussed before so mods bin it if it has..........

Thought is, now the East End is being demolished and a shiny new one is being constructed

in it's place, do we keep the "East End" ( which I prefer ) as it's name or go for a new one ?

Any thoughts or suggestions for a new name ?

( places tin hat on head and hits the post new topic button )

We shouldn't forget that technically it is the Wedlock Stand which is what would change. The EE will always be the fans name for that end of the ground. Only Carey deserves a stand in his name, but I think it is too soon. Maybe in ten years or so. 

• Admin

We shouldn't forget that technically it is the Wedlock Stand which is what would change. The EE will always be the fans name for that end of the ground. Only Carey deserves a stand in his name, but I think it is too soon. Maybe in ten years or so. 

As simple as this!

Fans will always call it the "East End", unless we get some sponsor name on the new stand, not sure whether they should drop the name?

Is it an insult to Billy Wedlock, or does his name go as that stand will be no more?

Carey does not deserve that there are plenty of players before him far more deserving as well like the Ashton Gate 8,

anyway

East end to us fans offical name should be who ever the sponser is Wedlocks Stand, its an insult to Billy Wedlock to Rename it, we shouldn't change the williams dolman or Atyeo names ether (other then sponsership)

Carey does not deserve that there are plenty of players before him far more deserving as well like the Ashton Gate 8,

anyway

East end to us fans offical name should be who ever the sponser is Wedlocks Stand, its an insult to Billy Wedlock to Rename it, we shouldn't change the williams dolman or Atyeo names ether (other then sponsership)

I don't think it would be an insult as the Wedlock Stand will be no more.

The Park End did not retain its name after it was replaced with an all seated stand. The fan titled East End, or Eastend will be replaced with a a totally different entity as well. It may well become another modern dull homgenised stand v an Eastend which becomes known by its sponsor as a prefix to Wedlock.

Names change all the time. The Eastend /

Wedlock used to be just called the covered end. The Park End is a fairly recent name for what used to be called the open end. Crackers Corner has gone but nobody seems to miss it.

The Park End did not retain its name after it was replaced with an all seated stand. The fan titled East End, or Eastend will be replaced with a a totally different entity as well. It may well become another modern dull homgenised stand v an Eastend which becomes known by its sponsor as a prefix to Wedlock.

Homogenised.  It is a shame.

Filling in the corners does do something that feels wrong somehow.

Archived