IGNORED

Time To Honour Steve Lansdown - Stand Name

Jesus

Whatever you think of Steve Lansdown, the man has always wanted what is best for Bristol City. The guy loves the club, and has thrown millions of his own money into the club we love. He has taken us to the brink of the premier league. He is building us a new stadium (renovating), and has ploughed money into this great city.

Surely now is time to honour SL? Why not name the new stand, The Landsdown EastEnd?

Who's gonna be brave enough to suggest we can forget Billy Wedlock?  Isn't that a kick in the teeth for his family?  Just a thought.

How about the "Lansdown Real Ale House @ The East End".  I like that very much.  OK, it might be modern, but the sight of lovely brass pumps and lots of malty ales - gets the blood flowing.

Hargreaves-Lansdown stadium perhaps but not a stand, tbh I doubt he would name a stand after himself

I doubt very much a hugely successful ftse 100 company would dare gamble on associating itself with a club such as ours.

It could be damaging! They're much more premier league I'm afraid.

Perhaps a shirt sponsor if ever we made it up there...

Whatever you think of Steve Lansdown, the man has always wanted what is best for Bristol City. The guy loves the club, and has thrown millions of his own money into the club we love. He has taken us to the brink of the premier league. He is building us a new stadium (renovating), and has ploughed money into this great city.

Surely now is time to honour SL? Why not name the new stand, The Landsdown EastEnd?

No.

Dolman, Atyeo, Williams, Wedlock.

4 true legends of the club. Lansdown has no place in to replace any of them.

Any stand that gets named after a current owner or similar is just a egotistical move. Once his family have moved on then will be the time to consider it.

No.

Dolman, Atyeo, Williams, Wedlock.

4 true legends of the club. Lansdown has no place in to replace any of them.

Any stand that gets named after a current owner or similar is just a egotistical move. Once his family have moved on then will be the time to consider it.

So Harry Dolman was out of order then? 

I doubt very much a hugely successful ftse 100 company would dare gamble on associating itself with a club such as ours.

It could be damaging! They're much more premier league I'm afraid.

Perhaps a shirt sponsor if ever we made it up there...

thats why i said maybe, I can't see peter hargreaves going for it myself,

I'm not against stadium sponsership as we will just call it ashton gate regardless, but its not the time for SL to name the ground or stand afterhimself,

Hargreaves-Lansdown stadium perhaps but not a stand, tbh I doubt he would name a stand after himself

Although Steve Lansdown owns lots of shares in Hargreaves Lansdown, he's no longer involved in running the company, and Peter Hargreaves has never shown any interest in football.

Keep the stands named as they are. if needs be have a road/path/bar named after him in the future. I appreciate the stadium redevelopment and what he has tried to do for the club but the truth is that no success has been achieved on the field and he has not reached legend status yet- to name a stand after himself would be very egotistical.

Keep the stands named as they are. if needs be have a road/path/bar named after him in the future. I appreciate the stadium redevelopment and what he has tried to do for the club but the truth is that no success has been achieved on the field and he has not reached legend status yet- to name a stand after himself would be very egotistical.

Agree with most of your post....sad thing is without him this club would be a distant memory

Who's gonna be brave enough to suggest we can forget Billy Wedlock?  Isn't that a kick in the teeth for his family?  Just a thought.

How about free up a stands name, say the Wedlock Stand (for who ever) and the football club doing a gesture to the fans like putting up a Billy Wedlock statue?. It would be nice to meet the Supporters club and trust and fans half way by the football club making a gesture off their own backs away from fan leading ventures. The Club are not spending the so called estimated 90 million on Ashton vale and so say 40 million on Ashton Gate so it could go on a little cosmetics that we have never had but makes other grounds feel special....

It would be nice walking up this new ''WEDLOCK WAY?'' seeing John Atyeo one side and Billy Wedlock standing tall and proud, in bronze the other side.

Then you have the stand free to rename ;)

There is no way Landsdown would want a stand named after him! You get these kind of gestures for being a legend or leaving a legacy! And quite frankly Landsdown would see his project with this football club no where near over. So come the day the man has achieved his own goals then yes it will be done! He would not want reconistion for what he sees as unfinished business!

There is no way Landsdown would want a stand named after him! You get these kind of gestures for being a legend or leaving a legacy! And quite frankly Landsdown would see his project with this football club no where near over. So come the day the man has achieved his own goals then yes it will be done! He would not want reconistion for what he sees as unfinished business!

So.............The "Beryl Fudge End " it is then !!  :ph34r:

It is inevitable that Steve will get his name on the stadium eventually.

When a person has the sort of wedge that SL has the only thing that matters is legacy and its clear Steve Landsdown wants to leave a legacy to the City of Bristol and to Bristol City FC (and Bristol Rugby) in particular.

Lets face it how many people do you know that can call the loss 0f 40M Sterling an embarrassment rather than taking a flyer off the bridge.

The Ground I would suggest, will one day have a name manipulation such as the Steve Landsdown Ashton Gate Arena, who among us would not want to go to the SLAG!?

Joking aside I suspect Steve and others will decide on the right time to change/manipulate the name, but perhaps not yet!

How about free up a stands name, say the Wedlock Stand (for who ever) and the football club doing a gesture to the fans like putting up a Billy Wedlock statue?. It would be nice to meet the Supporters club and trust and fans half way by the football club making a gesture off their own backs away from fan leading ventures. The Club are not spending the so called estimated 90 million on Ashton vale and so say 40 million on Ashton Gate so it could go on a little cosmetics that we have never had but makes other grounds feel special....

It would be nice walking up this new ''WEDLOCK WAY?'' seeing John Atyeo one side and Billy Wedlock standing tall and proud, in bronze the other side.

Then you have the stand free to rename ;)

Like this idea CH, however I don't think Billy would be standing TALL, although I'm sure he'd be proud.

Archived