IGNORED

Interesting Stat

Only five teams in Division One have lost fewer games than City this season.  They are the teams in the top five positions.  The difference between our present position and us being promotion contenders is therefore the difference between us drawing and winning games, i.e. a single goal (either not scored or conceded) in eighteen drawn matches.  Converting eight of our drawn games to wins would have put us level with Peterborough in 6th.

Only five teams in Division One have lost fewer games than City this season.  They are the teams in the top five positions.  The difference between our present position and us being promotion contenders is therefore the difference between us drawing and winning games, i.e. a single goal (either not scored or conceded) in eighteen drawn matches.  Converting eight of our drawn games to wins would have put us level with Peterborough in 6th.

Bored are you?

Yup I've noticed that. The habit of making silly mistakes leading to goals earlier in the season is the chief culprit, starting right at the very beginning with the Bradford game. City really aren't a bad side at all. They're not yet a good side, but it's not going to take much. A bit more experience, some better defensive drilling, and another source of goals will turn them into a top 6 side at the very least.

Only five teams in Division One have lost fewer games than City this season. They are the teams in the top five positions. The difference between our present position and us being promotion contenders is therefore the difference between us drawing and winning games, i.e. a single goal (either not scored or conceded) in eighteen drawn matches. Converting eight of our drawn games to wins would have put us level with Peterborough in 6th.

I was thinking something similar last week. To be honest though, I've quite enjoyed the relative calm and mediocrity that this season has brought; not sure my nerves could take a play off lottery!

...so if we'd had Suarez up front we'd be flying?

If we hadn't drawn so many games - and got more points - then SO'D would likely have stayed in post.  So that would have been different.

But grass would still be green, the sun would still come up.  Where are my pills?

Archived