IGNORED

Gillett -Not Convinced !

Major Isewater

No idea why people get obsessed by loanees, they are just players available for a short term fix. Usually they are not ideal for permanent deals, obviously with a few exceptions. See who becomes available in the summer.

Very good point. Fans can get carried away with the clamour from some to 'sign him up' after a couple of good games by a loanee.

Having said that Wade Elliot has been exceptional over a long period and we're very unlikely to find better.

Gillet has been a solid addition but if we do sign Elliot as our experienced playmaker we ought to be seeking younger recruits than Gillet to complement him.

There's a reasonable case to be made for Nosworthy as well, especially if El Abd has burnt his boats.

You can build an immediately strong team around such players, the downside of course being there'd have to be a plan in place to renew that strong spine fairly quickly .

His comments don't imply anything he is just that he is the dark about his future with the changes at forest. Nothing article IMO.

Gillett is a good player, he is a model pro, works hard, neat, tidy and consistent. I would be happy to have him as part if our squad next season if the wages were acceptable.

Not sure cotterill is convinced about him anyway. We have kelly to come back in and hopefully sign wade Elliot. Will also have pack, Reid and wynter so I'm not too bothered. Good little player though

Wynter us clearly nowhere near the 1st team squad and has more chance of breaking through as backup right back.

He's a Nottingham Forest employee and no doubt is settled in the Nottingham area as he's been there for two years. He's also decent enough to most likely get offers from Championship clubs even if he doesn't stay at Forest, he's not an 18 year old trialist desperate to win a contract.

He's a loan player, who was brought in for the short term. If all parties want to seek to make it a permanent move then so be it, and you'll consider the move for all parties, but he doesn't "owe" us anything. Why wouldn't he want to try to break back into the Forest team if an opportunity arises?

Our best defensive midfielder, considering he's 4 ft 3 he actually seems quite strong and uses his body well to shield the ball

However, I'd like to see him move on

Where did you get those extra 3 inches from?

Getting a player in on loan during the season is totally different to looking and seeing who is available during the summer. Long term planning not short term fix, more players are available for different reasons.

The flip side to this is that you will know a player you've worked with, better the Devil you know?

I would fully expect Gillett to be keeping his options open. He's certainly played his part in moving us up the table, been more successful than some loanees. He won't be without a club.

Not sure cotterill is convinced about him anyway. We have kelly to come back in and hopefully sign wade Elliot. Will also have pack, Reid and wynter so I'm not too bothered. Good little player though

I think Wynter will leave us he's obviously not rated by Cotts and nowhere near the first team. I also think Bobby Reid will go out on loan next season there's obvious potential there but I'm not sure he's ready yet,  too lightweight for my liking  

Archived