IGNORED

Away Games How Many Have You Managed?

where's the joy

here's an easy challenge. 

how many away games have you been to in support of our beloved team?

i am sure many will have done better than me.

but i have averaged 10 games a season since 1967, which means a lot of losses and miserable home journeys

like 5-1 at west ham, and 3-1 at colchester 

but some ok draws like the 0-0 at newcastle

and some sweet wins like the 2-0 at reading under GJ

and the 2-1 win at chester under Terry Cooper

overall thats 470 games or so

that plus around 14 home games a season is a lot of football.

so who's our number one fan.......anyone care to put themselves forward?

This season I've managed

Coventry

Swindon

Carlisle

Wolves

Brentford

Sheff Utd

Shrewsbury

Colchester

Rotherham

Walsall

Stevenage

And going tomorrow

Managed to find the funds to pay for the second half of the season ;)

Hopefully doing the ones I missed next season well most anyway

Before this season I rarely got away... Only the easy ones to get to

Used to do plenty now average probably one a season. Oh & I don't think I've seen an away victory for at least 6 years. Maybe Bournemouth when Jevon's scored in a 1 niller..... This season I did Swindon & that's it. Usually do Blackpool when they are in our division.

Don't have the time, money or enthusiasm these days with a family to support. Shame, used to love an away day.

Only 7 league away games (8 after tomorrow), 3 draws, 3 losses and 1 win ( Ave. 0.86 pts per game) 

Home games - 13 ... 8 draws, 4 losses and 1 win (Ave. 0.85 pts per game)

Glad it wasn't down to me, I'd have had us plum bottom on that form.  (Did see 3 wins in the cups though:)) 

Coventry

MK

Swindon

Port Vale

Crewe

Carlisle

Notts Co

Plus Southampton and Tamworth

Not bad as I hadn't been to an away game since Palace in the league Play-Off final year. I used to be see at least 15 away games a season and during the 90s did three complete seasons home and away in a row.

The cost makes it more difficult now

In the first half of this season and most of the last couple of seasons City were so poor that they looked like the away team when playing at home. On this basis I've seen quite a few "away" matches recently.

Did all league away games last season including being one of the 98 away at hull on the Friday night. Did all but Southampton away the season before but will miss 3 away this season including tomorrow,

Make that 4 games missed in 3seasons.

Expecting to be carted off by men in white coats pretty soon.

Did all league away games last season including being one of the 98 away at hull on the Friday night. Did all but Southampton away the season before but will miss 3 away this season including tomorrow,

Make that 4 games missed in 3seasons.

Expecting to be carted off by men in white coats pretty soon.

Fair shout mate, cant knock that,  hats off .

I haven't been to any this season and only went to the Wolves game last year. I used to go to a fair few when I was younger and had more spare time/nothing else to spend my money on. Next season hoping to do a fair few though as I will not be renewing the season card. To be honest I've got a bit bored of going down the Gate only to be confronted with a sh1te atmosphere and being surrounded and having to listen to the moaning of a large percentage of people that don't have a fcking clue what they are on about. I've always found in the past away games more enjoyable regardless of the result for the sheer fact that there is a lot more optimism and a much better atmosphere generated by fellow reds.

This season........0

First time since I was 14 probably. Same as everyone else, money and family. I'm 34 this year, so am at that consolidating period. 2 young kids a third due next Saturday, I don't even do all home games despite having a season ticket!!!!

Oh for those wanten care free days of yore when we would travel to sold out away games with no ticket, or meet randoms in Lawrence Weston or Downend just to travel to a night game in a clapped out transit.

Where did it all go so wrong?????

The Tuesday night game mate?

Where they threw darts and bags of piss at us?  Fun night that was - Christ knows what would have happened if we got a point.

About 500 away games for me - all in the UK though - never been on a Euro-trip. Had my first season ticket in the Dolman in the 70's.

weren't it a cup game and lost 6-1?

or the 5-0 80-81?

Today is my 300th away game with City

My 1st was away to Chester City at Sealand Road in Sept'86.

They had loads of bramble bushes at the back of the terrace, and we all picked some blackberries to eat on the journey home!!!

That was on CATS when you could vote for a man of the match on the way back.

This season I've only missed Tranmere away, so looking forward to getting some Saturdays back for the next few months.

Today is my 300th away game with City

My 1st was away to Chester City at Sealand Road in Sept'86.

They had loads of bramble bushes at the back of the terrace, and we all picked some blackberries to eat on the journey home!!!

That was on CATS when you could vote for a man of the match on the way back.

This season I've only missed Tranmere away, so looking forward to getting some Saturdays back for the next few months.

Brave...they were probably covered in p!$$!

Think I've done about 60 different clubs.  No idea about the total number of games though as several repeat visits to some.  Managed to do every game home and away including cup only once, which was in our '99 "Championship" (or whatever it was called then) relegation year.  Surprisingly was actually one of the more enjoyable seasons going away.  When we got relegated at Sheff Utd you;d have thought we'd won the league - probably just the relief at finally being put out of our misery!  Sunderland away on a Tuesday night was a fun one, as was the abandoned trip to Oldham, which was postponed just as the coaches were approaching Manchester if I recall correctly.

Archived