IGNORED

Bristol City - Immediate Future Without The Gas.

Bowie

It's funny that the gas have fallen into the oblivion and all that however this is a great chance for our club and we need to jump on it as we may not ever get another chance.

We are now the only football league club and in Bristol and we need to more than ever seize this chance to get out and about in the area promoting Bristol City as the football team of the youth of today.

With them completely out of the picture realistically for the nExt few years we need to make sure that going forward we have Bristol City presence sown up in every part of a Bristol, from Ashton to Kingswood from Hartclifee to Horfield make sure the fan of tomorrow support us. We won't change the views of a current rovers fans but for the next generation we need to show them THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL.

Last season when Barnet were relegated I remember listening to an interview with their chairman. Immediately he said all the youth sides would either be cut back or done away with, I must dig out this interview as it shows the harsh reality now facing Rovers. But now the youth facilities at Rovers will be almost gone, we must take advantage of this.

Last season when Barnet were relegated I remember listening to an interview with their chairman. Immediately he said all the youth sides would either be cut back or done away with, I must dig out this interview as it shows the harsh reality now facing Rovers. But now the youth facilities at Rovers will be almost gone, we must take advantage of this.

Sponsorship will plummet, the better players (if they've got any) will leave, staff cuts, academy/youth/reserves will almost certainly go, do they stay as a full time club or go part time and best of all the investors for the UWE project will get very twitchy indeed.

Oh yes and no rugby revenue.

Sponsorship will plummet, the better players (if they've got any) will leave, staff cuts, academy/youth/reserves will almost certainly go, do they stay as a full time club or go part time and best of all the investors for the UWE project will get very twitchy indeed.

That's the problem, expenses aren't materially different from League 2 but sponsorship is much lower, tv revenue tiny, and gates will be lower - whatever the knuckle draggers say.

Whats the chances of the UWE being put on hold for a season?

I'd imagine that'll be on hold until if/when they regain their league status. Imagine what a white elephant it would be for them? 4,000 watching them play Braintree? At least two stands closed for most games.

I'd imagine that'll be on hold until if/when they regain their league status. Imagine what a white elephant it would be for them? 4,000 watching them play Braintree? At least two stands closed for most games.

But the uni want this stadium. Whats the chances of them doing this alone with a much smaller capacity?

Exactly. How could they possibly get sponsorship for empty stands?

Whats the chances of the UWE being put on hold for a season?

And how long will Sainsbury's be patient for? They have already lost our ground and now seem to be concentrating on smaller 'local' stores rather than the big superstore type. Who knows what the situation will be in another year or 2.

You must mean two legged?

In their first Year the get the same money from the FA as if they are a League 2 team. After that its Con money, next to nothing. Now knowing Higgs he will pocket that for the share holders and Nothing for the Club. Good Lad!!!!

It's funny that the gas have fallen into the oblivion and all that however this is a great chance for our club and we need to jump on it as we may not ever get another chance.

We are now the only football league club and in Bristol and we need to more than ever seize this chance to get out and about in the area promoting Bristol City as the football team of the youth of today.

With them completely out of the picture realistically for the nExt few years we need to make sure that going forward we have Bristol City presence sown up in every part of a Bristol, from Ashton to Kingswood from Hartclifee to Horfield make sure the fan of tomorrow support us. We won't change the views of a current rovers fans but for the next generation we need to show them THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL.

Totally agree. This is a big opportunity to capture (vital) young support over the coming years.

If you were (say) ten years old, living in (or near) Bristol and interested in football and one local club was in League 1 and going for promotion (as I am sure we will be next season) and the other local club was in the Conference, which club would you be interested in ?

Obvious answer to that and I can't see them building that stadium at UWE any time soon.

Archived