IGNORED

Bristol Derbies

gordie

No matter how much fun it has been today one thought that has stuck in my mind is how little chance there is of being another derby lfor some time, I know we all want to laugh at the gas but let's be honest when was the last time we had an atmosphere like that night in November, the pure hatred venom, singing non stop. It was one of the few highlights of a pretty poor season and to know how unlikely it is to see that again for some time is pretty sad, on the other hand we can can still laugh at the gas today to cheer us up

No matter how much fun it has been today one thought that has stuck in my mind is how little chance there is of being another derby lfor some time, I know we all want to laugh at the gas but let's be honest when was the last time we had an atmosphere like that night in November, the pure hatred venom, singing non stop. It was one of the few highlights of a pretty poor season and to know how unlikely it is to see that again for some time is pretty sad, on the other hand we can can still laugh at the gas today to cheer us up

We hadn't played them for seven years anyway, and it is likely to be around that same time scale before we do play them again, especially with how things are going currently.

We hadn't played them for seven years anyway, and it is likely to be around that same time scale before we do play them again, especially with how things are going currently.

Exactly, Bristol derbies have something of the past for too long and if there were to be Bristol derbies in the future it will mean that we have stagnated or worse.

**** Bristol derbies.

I remember watching hallen playing 2 derbies within 3 qualifying rounds of the fa cup a couple of years ago, and seeing mangotsfield playing forest green in the fa cup a few years before that, who knows, bristol manor farm could play rovers next season

We can play them next season, if they get the the FA cup Qualifying rounds.

Games against the gas always had that extra edge, Cardiff, Swindon derbies don't compare IMO. Seen us lose to them plenty of times in the 80's and some great wins that will stick in the memory. Often played them 3 times a season including the Gloucester Cup Final. Hated seeing those blue & white quarters...highlights were Eastville away '83 & the Louie Donowa goal game. Happy days...

We can play them next season, if they get the the FA cup Qualifying rounds.

Or maybe we could offer them a preseason friendly, we often play similar non league teams don't we?!

Dont Conference teams get entry to LDV? Its literally their World Cup from now onwards! They might get to be giant killers over a league team, a mighty league 2 team, Wycombe or Northampton would be my choice of game for them :-)

that only happened for about 5 or 6 seasons i think, not happened since 2005/6

Nobody laughed louder than me today but I admit the prospect of a Bristol derby is now as distant as a white man beating Usain Bolt. As Cotswold red stated the derbies of the 80s and 90s were fantastic. I was at every game in that period and nothing touches it. The feeling of physical sickness every time rovers attacked and the thought of them scoring still haunts me.

Archived