IGNORED

Blue Away Kit?

Nick Wilde

Read something on here a few months ago about SL saying we may have a blue away kit next season? wasn't sure if it was a joke or it has been dismissed by now, but was wondering has anymore been said about it?

Never liked the idea at the time because Rovers wear Blue but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Read something on here a few months ago about SL saying we may have a blue away kit next season? wasn't sure if it was a joke or it has been dismissed by now, but was wondering has anymore been said about it?

Never liked the idea at the time because Rovers wear Blue but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Rovers are now history. Blue is now a safe colour to wear. :cool:

I wore blue all day yesterday. In some small way, I think it helped. No need to thank me though.

Don't be modest. If you helped, even if in a small way, you deserve to be thanked. Many thanks from the Pongo family

i think im right in saying we have worn blue before they did in our history?

Indeed, the original Gas top was black with a yellow diagonal stripe. Bedminster - the forgotten constituent half of this football club -  wore blue shorts.

City wore a blue second kit as late as up to the 1960s.  Our traditional second colours were blue!  Besides I'm bored silly with black away kits.  Keep it traditional for the home colours, but there's no reason why you can't experiment a bit with the second colours. 

i wrote about having a blue away kit a while back, from the point of view that it would be the ultimate way to rub their noses in it. Take the blue from the Gas and claim it as our own.

Blue is just about the last thing they are clinging on to right now, what an insult it would be to them for their bitter rivals to embrace it.

That yellow and navy blue kit a few years back was quite nice, the same again maybe? It does resemble Mansfield too ;)

Would be a fitting tribute.

Mansfield's kit would be nice. We've worn yellow before.

And it's not as if they wear their kit anyways....

Not that I want a blue away kit but I think it's worth remembering that the first league club in Bristol to use a Blue kit was us in the 1909 Cup Final, long before Rovers joined the league (imagine that, Rovers a non league club...wouldn't that be brilliant?).

as if that would ever happen..

I am sure that this has been said before, but if Bris were to wear red as their away kit, we could wear their blue!

Yep.

Apparently next season's away shirt is white, though.

3rd kit for the likes of Sheff U?

Steve Lansdown likes to do things in easy stages. A gradual integration of City and Bristol Rugby into one sporting organisation so perhaps blue change strip for City and red for rugby in 2-3 years ?

Archived