IGNORED

Mcinnes-Interfered With At City !

Major Isewater

That's life.

Unless you own a company how can you not expect interference from your boss on how you do things from time to time.

Mciness brought in some shit players and wasted a lot of money in the process, he can hardly bleat about interference when he was responsible for adding to the crap.

Haha... you've got to love our fans...they just want to believe everything is ok with this Club. :facepalm:

Speak to any manager that has left us... I've been saying it for years...all is not well when it comes to our managers and working with the Board and owner.

Does it need spelling out on a wall by Banksy before certain fans will start to realise this?...there is no smoke without fire.

It's been a problem for many years and will still continue to be.

Possibly right manager wrong time

The club was a mess. So I can see what he means reference he had too many jobs to do.....although most of those I swear almost came from him (academy etc)

He found like many others when he came here...that it's not set up properly to run like a pro club.

So instead of concentrating on the first team he had endless other problems to deal with.

SoD tried amending these problems...and it effected the first team.

Half of everyone down their, doesn't no what their role is, directive, who they are responsible too and what the directive of the Club is...it's a joke...but hey ho...no one actually wants to believe that. :facepalm:

Haha... you've got to love our fans...they just want to believe everything is ok with this Club. :facepalm:

Speak to any manager that has left us... I've been saying it for years...all is not well when it comes to our managers and working with the Board and owner.

Does it need spelling out on a wall by Banksy before certain fans will start to realise this?...there is no smoke without fire.

Bang on. No surprise that Gary, who evidently has no issue in taking control of all corners (as shown at Yeovil), is the only one to make anything more than a pig's ear out of it.

He found like many others when he came here...that it's not set up properly to run like a pro club.

So instead of concentrating on the first team he had endless other problems to deal with.

Half of everyone down their, doesn't no what their role is, directive, who they are responsible too and what the directive of the Club is...it's a joke...but hey ho...no one actually wants to believe that. :facepalm:

These are not the same problems that McInnes cites.

If i was bought in as first team manager i would ensure that that was "right" before addressing other issues.

It's also incumbent as a manager to explain and provide solutions to the problems that prevent success .i feel the board should have employed a more knowledgable person ( like SOD for example ) to over see the changes necessary and not chuck a "rookie" manager into the pit .

As for the organisation of the club surely it's not too difficult to do,heck ,i'm sure even Lansdown's son who has n't got any experience could do that !

These are not the same problems that McInnes cites.

If i was bought in as first team manager i would ensure that that was "right" before addressing other issues.

It's also incumbent as a manager to explain and provide solutions to the problems that prevent success .i feel the board should have employed a more knowledgable person ( like SOD for example ) to over see the changes necessary and not chuck a "rookie" manager into the pit .

As for the organisation of the club surely it's not too difficult to do,heck ,i'm sure even Lansdown's son who has n't got any experience could do that !

It's not an either/or issue. The first team won't just look after itself while ensuring things are "right". So'D did come in, you may remember. And look how well he did at providing solutions. Remember his veiled criticism of the board regarding his previous interview?

And as a pointer, were it that easy, "big" clubs wouldn't fail and Rovers wouldn't be in the conference.

There is a very simple way to move this on, why don't you send a letter to SL (don't forget your real name and address) with everything that you know as fact including your intimate knowledge of players contracts and see what response you get.

There is a very simple way to move this on, why don't you send a letter to SL (don't forget your real name and address) with everything that you know as fact including your intimate knowledge of players contracts and see what response you get.

I'd imagine he will get zero response from the arses, I have sent a few letters to the club, all unanswered, so now I berate on the forum and no longer go to home games.  They are ignorant, not one response.

So I think your idea is wholly pointless exercise Es

I'd imagine he will get zero response from the arses, I have sent a few letters to the club, all unanswered, so now I berate on the forum and no longer go to home games.  They are ignorant, not one response.

So I think your idea is wholly pointless exercise Es

With all due respect, you sound like an intensely sad and bitter man.

at the end of the day sport is entertainment, if little irrelevant things can bother you so much that you don't even turn up, then why not find a new hobby? 

Unbelievable that people are stupid enough to just point the blame at McInnes and move on....

To many problems behind the scenes down there S'OD made the same comments when he was here, which no doubt helped the decision to push the bottom.

Jon Lansdown loves a yes man and god help anyone anyone he disagrees with him.

He signed Jody Morris and Richard Foster.

Can't blame that on anyone but McInnes. I don't think he was up to the challenge, hence why he has gone back to his comfort zone in Scotland

Mark Wilson and Stephen McManus too.

Still it gives some another angle to try and justify why SOD was so crap.

With all due respect, you sound like an intensely sad and bitter man.

at the end of the day sport is entertainment, if little irrelevant things can bother you so much that you don't even turn up, then why not find a new hobby? 

I have, so don't worry about that :)  All due respect?  Not sure why you bothered writing that with what you followed it, you may have well as called me a****.

I am very disappointed that someone has come in and ruined imo something I have loved for years. Yes I go for the entertainment, I have to say I have not really been entertained since Wilson's first 2 years, everything after that has been pretty piss poor to look at truth be told, and for the money spent on it, I feel right royally ripped off. Then add to that that the owner and his take over by stealth, and I am quite bitter.

I have, so don't worry about that :)  All due respect?  Not sure why you bothered writing that with what you followed it, you may have well as called me a ****.

I am very disappointed that someone has come in and ruined imo something I have loved for years. Yes I go for the entertainment, I have to say I have not really been entertained since Wilson's first 2 years, everything after that has been pretty piss poor to look at truth be told, and for the money spent on it, I feel right royally ripped off. Then add to that that the owner and his take over by stealth, and I am quite bitter.

But what tangible changes have occurred at Bristol City which haven't changed at every other club?

Ticket prices have gone up everywhere.

Majority Shareholders are necessary to fund clubs in the modern era (in Britain that is).  

the actual standard of football in each division is significantly better than it was 10, 20 years ago.

its not the owner's fault that football has changed

Bang on. No surprise that Gary, who evidently has no issue in taking control of all corners (as shown at Yeovil), is the only one to make anything more than a pig's ear out of it.

Only partly true I am afraid, I thought he would be the man to create a long term solution, but when he left it became quickly apparent that he had been using sticking plasters and glue made from flour and water all the time. 

I have often wondered about the interference from other quarters, not necessarily at the top most level, but it would put a different perspective on the appointments of Tins and Milly, people who may have been seen as easily influenced. It much the same way that Giggs could be used as Fergies little puppet. 

I once said to someone in PM that I have always felt there are a certain group of people within this club, who treat it like a little local social amateur organisation and I don't think I am alone in that.

But what tangible changes have occurred at Bristol City which haven't changed at every other club?

Ticket prices have gone up everywhere.

Majority Shareholders are necessary to fund clubs in the modern era (in Britain that is).  

the actual standard of football in each division is significantly better than it was 10, 20 years ago.

its not the owner's fault that football has changed

it is the owners fault we are now not an attractive club to invest in.  

It is the owners fault that he is having to fork out his own money to stop us going under.

It is the owners fault that we have a revolving door of managers

It is the owners fault that  he has changed the direction the club is going almost every year.  

It is the owners fault the financial safe guards have been ripped up.

It is the owners fault that he has pissed millions away stagnating us while trying to get a stadium built that would already be built if he chucked a little bit of money at fencing the bloody area off

It is the owners fault that he buggered of to Guernsey,and now is getting 2nd hand information about his club, instead of overseeing things properly

It is the owners fault for making promise on the pitch and never following through on It

It is the owners fault for putting people in charge making such poor decisions to right royally piss off large sections of fans through shutting EE, tickets, turn styles online bookings etc etc etc.  

What I would be keen to hear is what has Steve Lansdown done for Bristol City?  Other than cover debts he incurred by ripping up financial safe guards.  I guess what we will see is an improved stadium...  something that was in the pipeline anyway!  So this sir Steve Lansdown that people want stands and busts built for, what has he done?  other than incur debt to himself by going half arsed at anything he does with the club.

I can keep these going if you want.  It is nothing to do with football changing,it is piss poor decision making through most of his tenure in charge.  

i was responding to the entertainment business you were talking about, I just said said I thought the football since Wilsons first 2 yeas on has steadily gone down hill, and has been utterly boring and insipid to watch, even in our promotion season it was a pretty average football to watch.

When you say football has improved, in what way?  In terms of entertainment,or professionalism? In professionalism I reckon it has probably improved,in terms of entertainment, it has gone in the completely opposite direction imo

Sour grapes from Mciness. He failed here, badly. When he was here he blamed everyone but himself. Looks like he's still doing the same thing.

I'm glad he's found his level where there's no competition so he isn't challenged.

Exactly this.

The board are far from blame but McInnes was backed by the board heavily. He failed to build on that in the transfer market after his first season. Not to mention the amount of loan signings and short term deals they backed him on towards the end of his first season. Del then ****** up massively in the transfer market the following summer with a healthy budget. Got his priorities all wrong.

That said both sides certainly have not come out of it smelling of roses.

it is the owners fault we are now not an attractive club to invest in.  

It is the owners fault that he is having to fork out his own money to stop us going under.

It is the owners fault that we have a revolving door of managers

It is the owners fault that  he has changed the direction the club is going almost every year.  

It is the owners fault the financial safe guards have been ripped up.

It is the owners fault that he has pissed millions away stagnating us while trying to get a stadium built that would already be built if he chucked a little bit of money at fencing the bloody area off

It is the owners fault that he buggered of to Guernsey,and now is getting 2nd hand information about his club, instead of overseeing things properly

It is the owners fault for making promise on the pitch and never following through on It

It is the owners fault for putting people in charge making such poor decisions to right royally piss off large sections of fans through shutting EE, tickets, turn styles online bookings etc etc etc.  

What I would be keen to hear is what has Steve Lansdown done for Bristol City?  Other than cover debts he incurred by ripping up financial safe guards.  I guess what we will see is an improved stadium...  something that was in the pipeline anyway!  So this sir Steve Lansdown that people want stands and busts built for, what has he done?  other than incur debt to himself by going half arsed at anything he does with the club.

I can keep these going if you want.  It is nothing to do with football changing,it is piss poor decision making through most of his tenure in charge.  

i was responding to the entertainment business you were talking about, I just said said I thought the football since Wilsons first 2 yeas on has steadily gone down hill, and has been utterly boring and insipid to watch, even in our promotion season it was a pretty average football to watch.

When you say football has improved, in what way?  In terms of entertainment,or professionalism? In professionalism I reckon it has probably improved,in terms of entertainment, it has gone in the completely opposite direction imo

Well said.

yawn same old shit without a shred of evidence from the same boring faces,

Again I invite you to prove it but you won't because its complete bullshit from the same sad bitter people

Which bit do you want proof on Monkeh?

And which bit have I posted which is untrue?

yawn same old shit without a shred of evidence from the same boring faces,

Again I invite you to prove it but you won't because its complete bullshit from the same sad bitter people

Question for you, has the club improved its stature during Lansdowns ownership? Are we a competitive Championship club? No we are a mid table League 1 club once again. The evidence including the fact that City at one stage were paying 18M a year in wages.. one of the highest in the Championship is right in front of you, also our league position etc. Are you that blind you cant see that?

Even the bread and butter things like the EE, ticketing and the mundane issues is very amateur.  Everyone be it the players, managers and board are responsible but ultimately the buck stops at the top level and the board including SL have taken us nowhere in stark reality.

As much as I agree that the board are to blame and the club could be run a lot better after our relegation from the Championship, the start to this season and seeing where Rovers are right now I'm just thankful we're not as bad off as we could be.

Archived