IGNORED

Proud

Go Junior GO

Can someone please explain the bullsh1t that is 'for a city this size we should be better'?! Size of city has no relevance! If it was judged on population = league then ofcourse we would be PL. It just has no relevance to where we 'should' be.

We have never underachieved, weve basically stagnated for our whole existence with green shoots of progression more than swamped with large amounts of garbage!

Can we stop our billy big b0llox attitude of where we should be. You are where you deserve. Amazingly that puts Rovers as non league and us as plain league one average.

Hopefully next year is more green shoots and possibly success but please stop using the 'for a city of the size' nonsense!!

Amazes me how negative people are on this forum , yes we all know we should be in championship but majority of our time as a club we have been at league one level , yes 12th not ideal but we have stopped the slide , the club is building for the future with the ground, 

just people should just wake up and realise how lucky we are to have a football club at all.

Don't get me wrong, I am relieved we avoided the drop, looking at just the beginning of March it was certainly looking grim. But I feel relieves as opposed to proud, I did feel proud when as a youngster when we won promotion to the top flight, and the pitch at the Gate at the final whistle, and the next morning going to work and seeing all the flags and bunting along the Wells Road, that was a proud moment.  

But being proud of what we are to-day? No, bit embarrassed really, but whatever, still as always love the City, whatever league we are in, always have always will, but we need a City that is up there with other teams that can't shine a light on this great City and football club, we need to be doing better!

confused me too,

Don't think I'm being negitive, like I said I'm optimistic but I'm not proud of a 12th place finish we should of done a hell of a lot better,

Perhaps, but at the start of the season the realists would have accepted around a 12th place finish.

The way it happened wasn't great, obviously, but its consolidation with the chance to push for a top 6 next season.

Compare our season to someone like Swindon's, we've probably had more enjoyment than they have sitting mid-table pretty much all season.

Perhaps, but at the start of the season the realists would have accepted around a 12th place finish.

The way it happened wasn't great, obviously, but its consolidation with the chance to push for a top 6 next season.

Compare our season to someone like Swindon's, we've probably had more enjoyment than they have sitting mid-table pretty much all season.

Enjoyment? Well not for me it wasn't, in a relegation battle for two thirds of the season was not much fun. Swindon had a realistic chance of getting into top 6 most of the season, I reckon they had the better deal.

Still the fact that we finished so strong was great, let's take that into the new season.

Enjoyment? Well not for me it wasn't, in a relegation battle for two thirds of the season was not much fun. Swindon had a realistic chance of getting into top 6 most of the season, I reckon they had the better deal.

Still the fact that we finished so strong was great, let's take that into the new season.

Maybe enjoyment isn't the right word, but we had something to play for. Most Swindon fans I spoke to didn't consider themselves genuine contenders for a play off place so they've sat in mid-table obscurity most of the season

Going and beating Peterborough and Leyton Orient away were great fun!

Carey beating John Atyeo's record was contrived. A few cameo sub appearances. It's hardly anything to be proud of.

I'm not proud that City struggled last season for so long, fortunately they eventually did well enough for a mid table finish.

Nor am I proud that City are now the only league club in Bristol. I feel desperately sorry for all those gasheads who have been let down by their club. They are football supporters after all just like us.

I think your sense of pride went out the window a long, long time ago, Robbored, to be honest.

Maybe enjoyment isn't the right word, but we had something to play for. Most Swindon fans I spoke to didn't consider themselves genuine contenders for a play off place so they've sat in mid-table obscurity most of the season

Going and beating Peterborough and Leyton Orient away were great fun!

That was pure agony to 'listen' to, by listen it was the radio at times and endless walks smoking endless fags...  :blink: Very stressful.

Archived