IGNORED

Christian Ribeiro

GrahamC

He was another of the promising City youngsters who never developed his full potential. A few injuries didn't help, but he should still have managed to make it as a league 2 player.

Released by Scunny today, not gone well for him, has it?

I've followed his progress for a couple of seasons primarily because business in Humberside has kept me away from Bristol.

Ribs was well liked by all it seems other than Wilcox who most iron fans opine is Laws reincarnate. I did see him play two games early season against Sheffield united in particular in the cup and he was outstanding and deservedly got the MOM award.

He's had one Hamstring strain in two seasons.

I don't think he's done too bad.... two seasons on full pay and I would imagine hes invested wisely...he still has his apartment in Bristol too I believe.

My bet would not be Oldham but Walsall, Swindon, MK Dons, Coventry or even Yeovil would be his agents target.  

Really promising player when at 100% but couldnt stop getting injured! Real shame!

And god knows why McInnes? Got rid of Joe Edwards aswell that was a poor decision

Don't know why you say "as well".

Edwards has just been an ever present in a Championship side, so the decision to release him (taken by McInnes but which SOD could then have stopped but didn't) was clearly an absolutely awful one.

I'd very much doubt doubt Ribeiro will ever play 46 Championship games in a season so Millen was right to let him go.

Seems their fans liked him.  It's not always a good idea to sign previous players but he could be a decent re-signing for us on a free. I still think his best position is right midfield.  He has time on the ball, can go past players and has a decent cross and pass. I'd like to see him back and it seems as if he is over his cruciate ligament injury now.  He was by far our classiest player in the Championship under Keith Milen during that winning streak but had a minor injury and wasn't recalled after he was fit again.

I've followed his progress for a couple of seasons primarily because business in Humberside has kept me away from Bristol.

Ribs was well liked by all it seems other than Wilcox who most iron fans opine is Laws reincarnate. I did see him play two games early season against Sheffield united in particular in the cup and he was outstanding and deservedly got the MOM award.

He's had one Hamstring strain in two seasons.

I don't think he's done too bad.... two seasons on full pay and I would imagine hes invested wisely...he still has his apartment in Bristol too I believe.

My bet would not be Oldham but Walsall, Swindon, MK Dons, Coventry or even Yeovil would be his agents target.

He's had one Hamstring strain in two seasons!

How the hell has he played football with just one hamstring !

I believe myself a victim of editing !

Don't know why you say "as well".

Edwards has just been an ever present in a Championship side, so the decision to release him (taken by McInnes but which SOD could then have stopped but didn't) was clearly an absolutely awful one.

I'd very much doubt doubt Ribeiro will ever play 46 Championship games in a season so Millen was right to let him go.

It can't be that awful. If he was as good as some people make out he would've made more appearances for us, and clubs would be lining up for him now that Yeovil are down - or even would've been lining up for him in Jan.

Archived