IGNORED

Ipswich To Release Ebanks Blake And Paul Taylor

Anglia Red

I remember watching a Villa game many years ago. Some young kid was sat in the dug out. Didn't get many starts/games for them. A week later City picked up Scott Murray for peanuts. Look what we got there. What a signing!! Derrick Williams again another unknown. No not in the same league as Scott. But an excellent player who is improving fast. These are the type of players we should be looking to sign. I love unknown young players. Rather than a name that may come here and do a job. Watching raw talent progress is the reason why I watch football.

We had had a good habbit of picking up some decent young talent. Yes its hit and miss. But I think we do ok. I think the academy's recent cat 2 will go along away to selling this club. Bristol the place sells its self, its a great place to live.

With a few old heads leading the way, players like Wade Eillot, this is what will help make me make my choice of weather to or not to buy a season ticket. I have not even thought about buying one for quite some time.

I think the club are in good hands under Cotterill. Looking forward to seeing what his plans are for the coming season. I have a feeling about him for some reason. Hoping my gut feeling is right.

Yes... I did expect it from certain fans. And I do understand the hostility and banter...and at the end of the day it is just purely banter amongst fans, friends, work colleagues, and those that have a real hatred towards them.

However... non of that interests me in the slightest, it's just 'fan' talk.

I see and watch football differently. I see pros losing their jobs and a historical Club falling because of bad management.

Football in the South West looks even more like a backwater...this area must be the worst in the whole of the UK.

Pros will notice this even more.... it just gets harder...especially for any potential youth development player...why would they choose this area, when it has such a poor success rate?

It will be even harder to sell ourselves...

You speak to any Everton or Liverpool fan...and they have the same banter against one another...for fun...but they all know they both do one another good by being successful...because success breeds success...failure, just invites more failure.

I'd prefer it if both City and Rovers were fighting it out in the Championship...it would be better for everyone in the area.

However because of our own failings, which we have no right to celebrate...many find themselves glorifying in the misery of others without seeing the bigger picture...just saying like :thumbsup:

It's debatable.

I happened to be at Goodison Park for the Man City game last week an it's true that despite an Everton win doing Liverpool a massive favour Evertonians were still blowing a fuse at Dzeko's time wasting and willing their team to win. It made me wonder about what the attitude of City fans would have been knowing a win for us would've, for example, granted R*vers promotion.

However, this concept of a failure for one club having a causal effect on the other city side is a subjective one. I bring to your attention the city of Nottingham and the Potteries.

In terms of rivalry, the recent shambles at Luton hasn't affected Watford, Southampton have excelled as Portsmouth have plummeted and in terms of 'just fan talk' Ipswich supporters, apparently, are intending to fly a 'plane of love' over Carrow Road this afternoon. It will have nothing to do with the potential futures of either club.

Must say the extent of City fan's joy at the sags relegation is probably, sadly, down to our own lack of success. Had we won promotion, it wouldn't have been as excessive.

Archived