IGNORED

Ipswich To Release Ebanks Blake And Paul Taylor

Anglia Red

According to to bbc sport website -along with Stephen Hunt -all could do a job at our level though Hunt is 32.

Taylor is probably the most interesting of them but hasn't he had some serious attitude/behaviour problems in the past? To be honest, I'd rather keep Baldock than any of them

No, No and No.

Does nobody here actually look at where we went wrong so many times before?   Honestly?

We don't want players who COULD do a job, we want players that CAN do a job at this level, and above for more than a year.

I do also wonder myself mate.

Apparently all is Rosy... we avoided relegation using Loans, brought in January, and the Gas went out the League.

I find the whole fascination amongst our fans and the Gas abhorrent.

It reminds me of the feuds between Labour and Conservatives...both looking at the failings of the other, instead of trying to correct their own house.

Perhaps that's why we are both crap.

Hunt we should of got when he used to impress against us for Brentford all them years ago.

SEB will end up at Millwall with that Rat Holloway I think?!

I hope Cotterial's looking at the likes of Curtis Nelson (Plymouth) Matt Grimes (Exeter) & Jack Redshaw (Morecambe). Young players from L2 who have impressed and deserve to step up. Young cheap and has a re-sell value.

Hunt we should of got when he used to impress against us for Brentford all them years ago.

SEB will end up at Millwall with that Rat Holloway I think?!

I hope Cotterial's looking at the likes of Curtis Nelson (Plymouth) Matt Grimes (Exeter) & Jack Redshaw (Morecambe). Young players from L2 who have impressed and deserve to step up. Young cheap and has a re-sell value.

I agree, sadly I think Nelson signed a new contract with Plymouth in the last couple of days. All of them we should be keeping tabs on.

SEB will end up at Millwall with that Rat Holloway I think?!

I hope Cotterial's looking at the likes of Curtis Nelson (Plymouth) Matt Grimes (Exeter) & Jack Redshaw (Morecambe). Young players from L2 who have impressed and deserve to step up. Young cheap and has a re-sell value.

The same was said about Pack (although I rate him highly) but most people dislike him and say he's not good enough forgetting the fact that it's a whole new league to him whilst being young, all well and good saying that's the sort of people we need to be looking at and I agree, but once we get them we need to give them time to settle and get used to the new league not jump straight on there backs putting them down

SEB will end up at Millwall with that Rat Holloway I think?!

I hope Cotterial's looking at the likes of Curtis Nelson (Plymouth) Matt Grimes (Exeter) & Jack Redshaw (Morecambe). Young players from L2 who have impressed and deserve to step up. Young cheap and has a re-sell value.

Those are exactly the type of players we should be looking at...hungry young players looking to improve...not those who are going backward.

I'd definitely take Ebanks Blake. Although I doubt it would happen, because of wages and I'm not sure he'd want to come down to league 1 but I've always rated him. Last year when we lost 2-1 to them he was one of their best players...Strong and pacy striker who has proven himself at the highest level.

Like Wade and Nyron?

You need a mixture of experience and youth.

Wade is like Giggs...has the legs of a 25 year old it seems. Can pass on his knowledge and experience as well.

We need an experienced CB to go along with Williams, Osborne and Flint. Whether it's Nosworthy or another, who knows...but we seriously need some experience back their. I don't think we are going to get it from El Abd.

You need a mixture of experience and youth.

Wade is like Giggs...has the legs of a 25 year old it seems. Can pass on his knowledge and experience as well.

We need an experienced CB to go along with Williams, Osborne and Flint. Whether it's Nosworthy or another, who knows...but we seriously need some experience back their. I don't think we are going to get it from El Abd.

That was my point

I do also wonder myself mate.

Apparently all is Rosy... we avoided relegation using Loans, brought in January, and the Gas went out the League.

Perhaps that's why we are both crap.

Why do you perpetuate this myth?

We also stayed up because Cotterill turned a guy who scored 7 under SOD into the division's top scorer. He also offloaded some of our previous manager's dross.

No loans involved there, just better organisation, team spirit and management.

Why do you perpetuate this myth?

We also stayed up because Cotterill turned a guy who scored 7 under SOD into the division's top scorer. He also offloaded some of our previous manager's dross.

No loans involved there, just better organisation, team spirit and management.

So it's a myth we used the majority of 5 loans in the team after January, and the results started to get better?

Yes...Baldock came good.

But...You could also say our Top Scorer at the time JET...stopped scoring after SC arrived...only 3 goals scored since December.

Swings and roundabouts mate...

He also Signed through Burt, Al Abd on a 3 and half year deal...that's worked hasn't it.

You can fit any argument to fit what you think mate...it's no myth but fact. Look at the facts.

The fact is SC stopped us getting relegated...and accrued more points than SoD.

Either way... I'm glad he did it. He saved us from Relegation...Bravo.

I just hope we bring in some players to replace those loans and we kick on...

So it's a myth we used the majority of 5 loans in the team after January, and the results started to get better?

Yes...Baldock came good.

But...You could also say our Top Scorer at the time JET...stopped scoring after SC arrived...only 3 goals scored since December.

Swings and roundabouts mate...

He also Signed through Burt, Al Abd on a 3 and half year deal...that's worked hasn't it.

You can fit any argument to fit what you think mate...it's no myth but fact. Look at the facts.

The fact is SC stopped us getting relegated...and accrued more points than SoD.

Either way... I'm glad he did it. He saved us from Relegation...Bravo.

I just hope we bring in some players to replace those loans and we kick on...

Fair enough.

Cotterill did a grand job, through the loan system, of patching up the team, making it fit for purpose.

If he can transfer that capability to permanent signings then obviously great. He's shown he can put a side together.

Depthsofdespair, you seem like a knowledgeable guy which makes it all the more surprising that you find the extent of our amusment at the sags historical feat abhorrent. You must have expected it, surely?

Don't worry, when the real business starts we won't be sidetracked. We'd all rather see a successful City side more than anything else.

Cotterill did a grand job, through the loan system, of patching up the team, making it fit for purpose.

If he can transfer that capability to permanent signings then obviously great. He's shown he can put a side together.

Depthsofdespair, you seem like a knowledgeable guy which makes it all the more surprising that you find the extent of our amusment at the sags historical feat abhorrent. You must have expected it, surely?

Don't worry, when the real business starts we won't be sidetracked. We'd all rather see a successful City side more than anything else.

Yes... I did expect it from certain fans. And I do understand the hostility and banter...and at the end of the day it is just purely banter amongst fans, friends, work colleagues, and those that have a real hatred towards them.

However... non of that interests me in the slightest, it's just 'fan' talk.

I see and watch football differently. I see pros losing their jobs and a historical Club falling because of bad management.

Football in the South West looks even more like a backwater...this area must be the worst in the whole of the UK.

Pros will notice this even more.... it just gets harder...especially for any potential youth development player...why would they choose this area, when it has such a poor success rate?

It will be even harder to sell ourselves...

You speak to any Everton or Liverpool fan...and they have the same banter against one another...for fun...but they all know they both do one another good by being successful...because success breeds success...failure, just invites more failure.

I'd prefer it if both City and Rovers were fighting it out in the Championship...it would be better for everyone in the area.

However because of our own failings, which we have no right to celebrate...many find themselves glorifying in the misery of others without seeing the bigger picture...just saying like :thumbsup:

Wish we would stop playing Football Manager on OLTIB. We were most successful in this league when we signed hungry go getting 'unheard ofs' & turning them into decent league 1/championship players. SEB was available on a free for 70% of last season & nobody but his old manager picked him up & even then didn't play him.....

Let's stop begging players to come & join us for a large pay day & find players who would walk over hot coals to play for us. They are out there & hopefully we're looking at them. Who had heard of Orr, Adomah, Murray, Goater, Mccombe, Noble etc before we signed them? Marquee signings are great but when did the last one genuinely work out for us????

Wish we would stop playing Football Manager on OLTIB. We were most successful in this league when we signed hungry go getting 'unheard ofs' & turning them into decent league 1/championship players. SEB was available on a free for 70% of last season & nobody but his old manager picked him up & even then didn't play him.....

Let's stop begging players to come & join us for a large pay day & find players who would walk over hot coals to play for us. They are out there & hopefully we're looking at them. Who had heard of Orr, Adomah, Murray, Goater, Mccombe, Noble etc before we signed them? Marquee signings are great but when did the last one genuinely work out for us????

Too right.

Easily arguable that Derrick Williams was our best signing last summer, an unknown from Villa reserves.

Too right.

Easily arguable that Derrick Williams was our best signing last summer, an unknown from Villa reserves.

Perfect example. Nobody was on the forum this time last year saying we should him were they?! Just because we've heard of a player it doesn't nesceserily mean they are any good.

Why don't we all just sit back and wait what happens in the summer time lads and lasses.

This is probably the best suggestion. Unfortunately if we did life,in the summer months, would be very dull without the crazy rumours being posted on the forum.

Archived