IGNORED

Squad Reinforcements

Dynamite Red

With several glaring gaps in the squad for next season with possibly up to 7 players required, which positions and who would you like SC to bring in?

Current Squad:

GK (3)

1.Frank Fielding

2.Dave Richards

----------------------------------------------

RB (1)

3.Brendan Moloney

---------------------------------------------

LB (1)

4.Greg Cunningham

-----------------------------------------------

RCB (3)

5. Adam El Abd

6.Aden Flint

7.Karleigh Osborne

------------------------------------------------

LCB (1)

8.Derrick Williams

CENTRE MIDFIELD (4)

9.Liam Kelly

10.Bobby Reid

11.Jordan Wynter

12.Marlon Pack

--------------------------------------------

RW (2)

13.Scott Wagstaff

14.Wes Burns

STRIKER (2)

15.Sam Baldock

16.Jay Emmanuel Thomas

-----------------------------------------------------

TARGET MAN (0)

----------------------------------------------------

LW (1)

17.Joe Bryan

Total 17

A bit of fun but I would love something like this:

Transfer List El Abd.

Sign:

Gillett - CM

W.Elliott - CM

Nosworthy - RCB

Elokobi - LB/LCB

Luke Freeman - Winger

Martin Paterson - Striker

Lee Gregory  - Target Man

This would give us great strength and cover in every position and plenty of 'clubs' in the bag.  

I would love something like this:

Transfer List El Abd.

Sign:

Gillett - CM

W.Elliott - CM

Nosworthy - RCB

Elokobi - LB/LCB

Luke Freeman - Winger

Martin Paterson - Striker

Lee Gregory  - Target Man

There was a Rovers fan on Twentyman tonight suggesting the gas should sign Gregory, and Clarke seemed to know all about him. :whistle2:  

Apart from Freeman pretty sure all the players above are over 24.

So from your list more likely Gillet or Elliot, Nosworthy or Elokobi, Paterson or Gregory, plus at least 4 more younger players.

There was a Rovers fan on Twentyman tonight suggesting the gas should sign Gregory, and Clarke seemed to know all about him. :whistle2:  

So from your list more likely Gillet or Elliot, Nosworthy or Elokobi, Paterson or Gregory, plus at least 4 more younger players.

Ha ha Gregory won't be going to the Gas.

Our squad was bereft of experience before and now we have released Marvin, Fontaine, Pearson and Carey.  We need some solid pro's to guide the younger players, as shown from our loans this season.

Not Paterson, didn't quite cut the mustard for me and flatters to deceive in my opinion, would rather see us sign a younger striker or have Burns up top. Chuba Akpom from arsenal seems to be very highly rated, with them having send Aneke to Crewe last two years might be worth a try!

Wouldn't read much into that pillars nonsense. Cotts knew we were far too inexperienced in the squad in general and brought in some experienced heads to add some balance.

I'd be very surprised - given the average age of our current squad - if we didn't sign a couple of more experienced/older players.

Personally, I think absolute top priority needs to be a defensive midfielder, we were far too lightweight in midfield all season and some of the goals we conceded were criminally poor, with teams just literally waltzing through our non-existent midfield.

With several glaring gaps in the squad for next season with possibly up to 7 players required, which positions and who would you like SC to bring in?

Current Squad:

GK (3)

1.Frank Fielding

2.Dave Richards

RB (1)

3.Brendan Moloney

LB (1)

4.Greg Cunningham

RCB (3)

5. Adam El Abd

6.Aden Flint

7.Karleigh Osborne

LCB (1)

8.Derrick Williams

CENTRE MIDFIELD (4)

9.Liam Kelly

10.Bobby Reid

11.Jordan Wynter

12.Marlon Pack

RW (2)

13.Scott Wagstaff

14.Wes Burns

STRIKER (2)

15.Sam Baldock

16.Jay Emmanuel Thomas

TARGET MAN (0)

LW (1)

17.Joe Bryan

Total 17

Whoah! There's some blatant weaknesses in that squad isn't there!

- No cover for fullbacks (unless you use a CB)

- Both left and right wing need improving

- Centre midfield just isn't good enough

- Need a partner for Baldock as JET is a roamer IMO.

On those observations we probably need 6 players minimum.

Wouldn't read much into that pillars nonsense. Cotts knew we were far too inexperienced in the squad in general and brought in some experienced heads to add some balance.

I'd be very surprised - given the average age of our current squad - if we didn't sign a couple of more experienced/older players.

Personally, I think absolute top priority needs to be a defensive midfielder, we were far too lightweight in midfield all season and some of the goals we conceded were criminally poor, with teams just literally waltzing through our non-existent midfield.

Agreed, as I said above. We clearly need to add experience to the squad as it stands and Cotts. has already stated this.

I expect us to sign a mixture of experienced players - probably 3 for the spine - plus 4 or 5 younger players.

The majority of our signings will reflect the new club policy, but signing some experienced players along the way as well was always part of the plan.

Not Paterson, didn't quite cut the mustard for me and flatters to deceive in my opinion, would rather see us sign a younger striker or have Burns up top. Chuba Akpom from arsenal seems to be very highly rated, with them having send Aneke to Crewe last two years might be worth a try!

Aneke is one I would love to see down the gate. 

Current Squad:

GK (3)

1.Frank Fielding

2.Dave Richards

RB (1)

3.Brendan Moloney

LB (1)

4.Greg Cunningham

RCB (3)

5. Adam El Abd

6.Aden Flint

7.Karleigh Osborne

LCB (1)

8.Derrick Williams

CENTRE MIDFIELD (4)

9.Liam Kelly

10.Bobby Reid

11.Jordan Wynter

12.Marlon Pack

RW (2)

13.Scott Wagstaff

14.Wes Burns

STRIKER (2)

15.Sam Baldock

16.Jay Emmanuel Thomas

TARGET MAN (0)

LW (1)

17.Joe Bryan

Total 17

• Luke Freeman (Winger)
  • Simon Cox (released from Forest)
  • Wade Elliot (released probably)
  • Nyron Nosworthy (released Probably)
  • Would like to take a gamble on Sam Winnal of Scunny (forgive the spelling if incorrect)
  • Also that bring back Wilson from Colchester

I wouldn't describe Lee Gregory as a target man in the traditional sense and even though he has scored a lot of goals for Halifax this season I personally think we could do better than him. Rumour has it that he is a Sheffield United fan and is going to join them anyway.

I also can't see us signing both Gillett and Elliot because I don't think we need both. Between the two I would much rather see us sign Wade up.

I would also add players like Mafuta, Batten and Morrell to that list because I think we could see them make a few appearances this season in less important fixtures like the JPT and who knows they might prove that they can make the step up. Now is the time to get the academy boys in.

As players like morrell have now signed pro deals, it's is down to the club to provide them with the chance of first team. If they wernt good enough, they wouldn't have been signed on. I can see them as bit part players in the squad like bobby and Bryan have been and this year round, I can see bobby, burns and Bryan playing more of a part.

We need to look internally for players rather than looking to buy everytime we have a position that needs filling. Left wing, we have Bryan, let blooming play him more. Maybe we don't need freeman....

I personally think we need a goalkeeper to fight it out with Frank, a attacking right back, a pacey centre back, a holding midfielder,left winger/attacker and a centre forward. Someone like James Collins previously at swindon and not working out in Scotland.

I wonder if James Norwood and Eddie Oshodi are worth looking at, anyone know how they have performed this season?

Norwood has the quality no doubt but I don't think he will ever have the attitude or the fitness required to play above the conference.

I wouldn't describe Lee Gregory as a target man in the traditional sense and even though he has scored a lot of goals for Halifax this season I personally think we could do better than him. Rumour has it that he is a Sheffield United fan and is going to join them anyway.

I also can't see us signing both Gillett and Elliot because I don't think we need both. Between the two I would much rather see us sign Wade up.

I would also add players like Mafuta, Batten and Morrell to that list because I think we could see them make a few appearances this season in less important fixtures like the JPT and who knows they might prove that they can make the step up. Now is the time to get the academy boys in.

I think Gregory would be the perfect foil for Baldock. He is a rough diamond with a bit if everything for a big man. We don't have a striker like him.

FC Halifax Town: Lee Gregory's Goals: http://youtu.be/cAYsdROlf_8

I am very much for blooding the Academy players but as shown on in the GFA final most are a long way away from the physicality of men's football, especially Morrell and Bishop they need game time on loan and baulk up.

Remember seeing him play against us this season, he looked slower than El Abd.

Absolutely.

Looked a cart horse.

The OP has forgotten Parish, he may be transfer listed but if he and El-Abd don't move on then I can only see 4 arriving.

I'd love us to sign...

-Luke Freeman .... So unlikely though, championship club will snap him up.

-Elokobi .... Was one of the best debuts, albeit not even a half, I've seen. Looked really promising. Solid defender who gives it his all. +we need a LB.

-Ebanks Blake .... Would like him, although once again very unlikely and wages could be an issue. Someone to partenr Baldock other than JET.

-Wade Elliot.... Been released by Brum and has proven one of our best this year. I believe he has played a big part in Baldocks goal tally.

-Nyron Nosworthy.... Solidified our defence. Would love to see him stay.

-Simon Gillet.... Best a man can get (Sorry, couldn't help myself...)

Not really sure who else, without saying something ridiculous that I'll be shot down for... No thanks Emmanuel Frimpong either...

Archived