IGNORED

Squad Reinforcements

Dynamite Red

Assuming that we're actually looking for a target man, then Mathias Pogba from Crewe would be a decent shout! 6"3 and has a decent goals return, hes only 23 too! As for Chucks Aneke, hes a Centre Attacking Midfielder, and a very talented boy, wouldn't mind him here too, but it would have to be at the expence of JET.

Assuming that we're actually looking for a target man, then Mathias Pogba from Crewe would be a decent shout! 6"3 and has a decent goals return, hes only 23 too! As for Chucks Aneke, hes a Centre Attacking Midfielder, and a very talented boy, wouldn't mind him here too, but it would have to be at the expence of JET.

Frankly I would prefer Chucks, as JET is not consistent

Absolutely.

Looked a cart horse.

The OP has forgotten Parish, he may be transfer listed but if he and El-Abd don't move on then I can only see 4 arriving.

I'd have thought replacing the 5 departed outfield loanees would be a minimum requirement; we're automatically starting next season weaker if we don't.

I'm sure Cotterill is determined the first squad he assembles will be stronger - and better balanced - than this season, and no doubt there will be one or two regulars he's 'put up with' this year whilst always having others in mind for his own team next time out. As for El Abd, I don't expect him to begin the season in the first team even if he's still here.

I might be wrong but I reckon we'll see about 8 coming in, (incuding one or two loanees) not necessarily all brought in as automatic immediate first teamers - some will be younger players without doubt - but certainly being signed to at least be in the matchday squad and pushing strongly for a start.

Genuinely fierce competition for every position from a squad of about 26. We shall see. 

I went to reading v man utd u21s a couple of weekends ago.

Jon Lansdown was there. Who is the Reading defender City are rumoured to be interested in?

Martin Keowns son Niall played at the back for Reading,who went to Bristol Univeristy.

Could he be a target?

Don't see why everyone thinks El-Abd will be leaving, signed for the next three years and will likely be given a fresh start next season, very unlikely he will be leaving. Besides, who would take him off our hands, he would likely be a higher earner in our league, no-one in our league will take him off our hands given his performances, unlikely even on a free.

Don't see why everyone thinks El-Abd will be leaving, signed for the next three years and will likely be given a fresh start next season, very unlikely he will be leaving. Besides, who would take him off our hands, he would likely be a higher earner in our league, no-one in our league will take him off our hands given his performances, unlikely even on a free.

This is what worries me. He's on a long contract and it's unlikely that we could offload him to another club due to his wages, but he's not worth a place in the team. The only hope is he starts next season as a different, much better, player. If not it's going to be another example of the club wasting money and he becomes Nicky Hunt MK 2.

This is what worries me. He's on a long contract and it's unlikely that we could offload him to another club due to his wages, but he's not worth a place in the team. The only hope is he starts next season as a different, much better, player. If not it's going to be another example of the club wasting money and he becomes Nicky Hunt MK 2.

I was very against the signing initially, but now we have him we are going to have to press on with his contract, in fairness if he doesn't start he wouldn't be an awful backup player....hopefully

I think it's fair to say we need;

A keeper to challenge Fielding, A Right Back, A Left Back, A Left Centre Back, A Creative Midfielder, A Left Winger, A Target Man & A Pacey Striker.

That makes 8 to come in. In order for this to happen I would expect to see Parish move on, Jordan Wynter sent on loan, Possibly Burns sent on loan at the start of the season for a month or two, to gain match time and it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of new faces came in Bryan & Reid go out on loan to gain match fitness , so when if they are needed they haven't just been bench warming or playing in the reserves. 

I think it's fair to say we need;

A keeper to challenge Fielding, A Right Back, A Left Back, A Left Centre Back, A Creative Midfielder, A Left Winger, A Target Man & A Pacey Striker.

That makes 8 to come in. In order for this to happen I would expect to see Parish move on, Jordan Wynter sent on loan, Possibly Burns sent on loan at the start of the season for a month or two, to gain match time and it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of new faces came in Bryan & Reid go out on loan to gain match fitness , so when if they are needed they haven't just been bench warming or playing in the reserves. 

A left centre back? Derrick Williams has been one of our most consistent players this season.

A left centre back? Derrick Williams has been one of our most consistent players this season.

Yes I agree, but what do we do if he gets injured, play a right sided player there and have an unbalanced back four ?, I would have thought cover was equally as important as first teamers. 

Yes I agree, but what do we do if he gets injured, play a right sided player there and have an unbalanced back four ?, I would have thought cover was equally as important as first teamers. 

So why could we not play a right footed player in the left hand spot? It doesn't make a difference.

If we get Nosworthy that's good enough.

Archived