IGNORED

Wade Elliot Released

Pedrowe

Even though he looked very fresh last year, I could imagine him rotating with Reid a fair bit

We tried Reid last season and IMO it wasn't a great success. Maybe his time will come, but I don't think it's next season.

Elloit came in and showed class, intelligence & as has been mentioned, a great engine.

If we don't want a season like the one just ended, his signing is a must.

Good idea, we've released Carey, so we need another 38 year old.

The population IS living longer, so this would qualify for City's youth policy.

He isn't 38 and has been our best play, bar Baldock, for the last 2 months.

Do you even watch us play..?

Reid still has lots to learn and there is no reason he couldn't become as good as Wade

I would like to see Reid on a season long loan so he can get a proper season of football in. I don't think he will play much next year if we get WE.

Sign him. Im all for young players but was it youngsters that got us out of this league last time?

We need a blend of both as someone else said but i still hand on heart dont think the youth we have here are any better than the youth we have had before, difference is this crop are just been given more game time than recent up and coming academy talent we had under GJ etc.

Good idea, we've released Carey, so we need another 38 year old.

The population IS living longer, so this would qualify for City's youth policy.

What is this obsession with age?

It's ridiculous. He was a massive part of our successful end to the season and as someone else has said, he has the engine of a player many years his junior. Would happily sign him for 2 years if his wages are reasonable, if we sign him he will be (by a factor of many) our best midfielder. No brainer.

Sometimes isn't it better to go with the Devil you know too? Wade will be well known by the club now whereas it's always a gamble bringing in new faces. Yes we could be gambling on his age and fitness, but that's the same for everybody. We definitely looked better when experience was added by Cotterill than we did in the first half of the season, we need a blend of both.

My view exactly. People get hung up on "youth policy". No-one wants a team of old crocks, but you need a blend of youth and experience.

Give him a two year deal, with bonuses for reaching certain number of games. Like wise Nosworthy. Give a chance to bed in youngsters before they both retire. Both played key parts in our survival

Signing Elliott is a must, he is a quality player at this level and should be given a year with the option of a 2nd year.

Joe Bryan is a good left winger but he needs experience and I actually think we will see 4-5 old heads in the team next year whilst the likes or Burns, Reid, and Bryan are more for the future, with that in mind a short term deal on the right wages for Peter Lovenkrands would be a good option, he has plenty of pace and is a brilliant crosser of the ball with Premier League experience, he would be quality at this level.

I would have thought he would get offers from a few clubs

As it will probably be his last contract, I would imagine money and a two year deal will be his incentive.

I reckon 2 years and the Captains Armband over money would be a bigger incentive. His best playing years came under Cotterill and no surprise he has bounced back under Cotterill again. I think he is tailor made for the Captain's role as well, he seems well respected on and off the pitch, comes across very well and passionate in interviews and gets the team playing on the pitch as well, everything a captain should do.

I reckon 2 years and the Captains Armband over money would be a bigger incentive. His best playing years came under Cotterill and no surprise he has bounced back under Cotterill again. I think he is tailor made for the Captain's role as well, he seems well respected on and off the pitch, comes across very well and passionate in interviews and gets the team playing on the pitch as well, everything a captain should do.

I've got a feeling that Baldock being captain is v. important to our chances of keeping him this summer. I rate Wade, but not enough to warrant taking the captaincy off of Sammy and risk upsetting him.

I agree if we want to keep Baldock we can't take the captaincy from him, unless he wants to give it up. That said he has never really shown much of what I think a captain should on the pitch.

IF we get Wade Elliott or another, they can take on the role if it comes naturally to them. You don't have to wear an armband to be a leader do you.

Signing Elliott is a must, he is a quality player at this level and should be given a year with the option of a 2nd year.

Joe Bryan is a good left winger but he needs experience and I actually think we will see 4-5 old heads in the team next year whilst the likes or Burns, Reid, and Bryan are more for the future, with that in mind a short term deal on the right wages for Peter Lovenkrands would be a good option, he has plenty of pace and is a brilliant crosser of the ball with Premier League experience, he would be quality at this level.

Lovenkrands is 34 and hasn't done well in the Championship for Birmingham at all. Stay well clear of him I say

Archived