IGNORED

Bristol Pray-Off

Aizoon

They have the wind second half. Plenty of time too. Surprised they chose to play at home first though.

Beans at HT? Not nice for the second row :gasmask:

PS They've done it the other way round and cocked it - maybe they're trying to change their luck?

They have the wind second half. Plenty of time too. Surprised they chose to play at home first though.

Sure I read somewhere they had the choice of being home for the second leg of either the semi or the final, so chose it this way to have the advantage if they get through.

It's the bent system of the rugby playoffs. Why doesn't the team who finished first get home advantage x2..

It's the bent system of the rugby playoffs. Why doesn't the team who finished first get home advantage x2..

Because the RU wants to get the maximum take from the pray-offs. If it was too easy for the top team it wouldn't happen. It's absurd for the top team not to be promoted anyway :(

Beans at HT? Not nice for the second row :gasmask:

PS They've done it the other way round and cocked it - maybe they're trying to change their luck?

Frankly I'd have welcomed the hot air if I'd been playing. Indeed, I think I'd have been in from the wing doing plenty of ruck inspecting with the weather today. 

Sure I read somewhere they had the choice of being home for the second leg of either the semi or the final, so chose it this way to have the advantage if they get through.

Thanks Glyn, that's mental. Surely the final at least should be a one-off game at the ground of the team who finished highest in the table. So it is in the Rabo, although the semi finals aren't over two legs there either.

Have to give credit to Bristol, they always try and put it through the hands rather than kicking the skin off it. The conditions didn't really suit them but they didn't play well today, they should have been kicking to the corner from open play more in the second half. The defence at the end was comical. Hope they make it but a long way to go in this tie yet.

Bristol blowing it again - 9-0 down at HT :(

Does it matter? Well there'd be more income for the Gate if the egg-chasers were in their Prem.

Not like a match day thread on here to contain over reaction before the end and judgement from people who aren't in attendance!

Andy Robinson, good or bad coach? A question for you that go.

He's set Bristol up well this season, but as these play offs can be won or lost in a moment it is crucial that every point is taken. Bristol cannot be naive and always run with ball in hand and kick for the corner. Time to take our points when offered them

He's set Bristol up well this season, but as these play offs can be won or lost in a moment it is crucial that every point is taken. Bristol cannot be naive and always run with ball in hand and kick for the corner. Time to take our points when offered them

From the limited amount I've seen this season to do that they would need a better 10 than that Robinson, his kicking looks awful.

From the limited amount I've seen this season to do that they would need a better 10 than that Robinson, his kicking looks awful.

It is poor, but he's a very good 10 in other respects as an organiser and playmaker. If Bristol go up however the first thing we need is a good kicker, because it is the boot that just keeps the scoreboard ticking over. 

I guess you could say Bristol way of playing has taken them to the top of he table and they tried to stick to what had been successful. I was urging them just to kick to get some points on the board though.

I guess you could say Bristol way of playing has taken them to the top of he table and they tried to stick to what had been successful. I was urging them just to kick to get some points on the board though.

The wind today was ******* insane. How Socino kicked those 9 points is beyond me. They were doing a drop kick competition at half time and the balls were just not reaching the posts from the 22. 

Archived