IGNORED

Feed The Goat

where's the joy

What Premier league side does not have a category 1 academy?

It is because of clubs like Manchester City and the EPPP football development of kids in this Country is being harmed.

Manchester City are sucking kids away from smaller teams.

It is because of clubs like Manchester City tv revenue is not spent on funding junior teams e,g. Coaching. It is also because of these bigh clubs tv revenue to clubs considered small [ all of the rest of the leagues] receive proportionally less money from tv to spend on youth development - less than 1% of tv income.

It is because of clubs like Manchesterr City that this B team crap is being considered.

What Man City are doing is very different to any other club. Yes they have spent a lot of money but that was to enable them to bring their squad upto top 4 standard. Now they are there their spend is the same as others.

Man Citys aim is to develop their own players and get them into the first team, to do that they are building world class facilities and even a stadium that wouldn't be out of place in league one.

What Man City are doing is very different to any other club. Yes they have spent a lot of money but that was to enable them to bring their squad upto top 4 standard. Now they are there their spend is the same as others.

Man Citys aim is to develop their own players and get them into the first team, to do that they are building world class facilities and even a stadium that wouldn't be out of place in league one.

What Man City are doing is only different [bigger!] because they have more money for facilities, and they will attempt to hoard young talent further with the unfair EPPP aiding them to do so.

Man City and the rest of them in the EPL harm football in ths country by preventing tv revenue going into coaching and facilities where it is needed nationally.

What Man City are doing is only different [bigger!] because they have more money for facilities, and they will attempt to hoard young talent further with the unfair EPPP aiding them to do so.

Man City and the rest of them in the EPL harm football in ths country by preventing tv revenue going into coaching and facilities where it is needed nationally.

But there is nothing stopping other clubs doing the same. If they are byikding an academy that can house 400 players than that has to be good for the English game? I read somewhere yesterday that in a few years they expect to have a fee home grown players in their starting line up, like Uniteds class of 92, again that cant be a bad thing for England.

They have also donated 5 acres of land for community facilities and also donated 3 million for leisure facilities.

Man City are not a peoples' club. Most of their fan base are glory hunting defectors who couldn't tell you any of their History apart from that last 4-5 years. I was so disappointed for them to undeservedly 'win' it, they are everything that is wrong with football today. Can you tell I don't like ManShitty?

The only defectors supporting man city will be the plastic 'fans' watching them on sky in pubs up and down the country. Man city have always had big crowds even when they were in the third tier.

But there is nothing stopping other clubs doing the same. If they are byikding an academy that can house 400 players than that has to be good for the English game? I read somewhere yesterday that in a few years they expect to have a fee home grown players in their starting line up, like Uniteds class of 92, again that cant be a bad thing for England.

They have also donated 5 acres of land for community facilities and also donated 3 million for leisure facilities.

There is everything stopping other club doing the same as they do not have tens of millions of pounds. Manchester City and other premier league clubs are diverting tv cash away from coaching and facilities nationally to themselves.

The EPPP is not for the good of the English game, its for the self serving big clubs. Clubs like Manchester City can hive off talent from others and not reimburse the clubs they take players from adequately. This arrangement is not good for the game.

In a few years time they might have another Micah Richards ...

There is everything stopping other club doing the same as they do not have tens of millions of pounds. Manchester City and other premier league clubs are diverting tv cash away from coaching and facilities nationally to themselves.

The EPPP is not for the good of the English game, its for the self serving big clubs. Clubs like Manchester City can hive off talent from others and not reimburse the clubs they take players from adequately. This arrangement is not good for the game.

In a few years time they might have another Micah Richards ...

Or another Daniel Sturridge! Don't forget he came through Man City's academy.

Man City have always had great support,them and Everton are probably the most loyal supporters in the top flight,not glory hunters like a lot of the other " top" clubs.

Or another Daniel Sturridge! Don't forget he came through Man City's academy.

Man City have always had great support,them and Everton are probably the most loyal supporters in the top flight,not glory hunters like a lot of the other " top" clubs.

That will all change, Bill. Recently I saw my first gaggle of little Hertfordshire kids in Man City replica kits. Just like you get plastic Leeds fans among men of my age, kids will always say they support "the best team!" and some dopy twonks will stick with that club as adults.

Man City bought Melbourne Heart to be their Australian/Asian feeder club.

The $10,000,000 fee included a brand new 30,000 seater stadium the state Govt had just built.

They aren't daft these aArabs

They picked up a foreign kid, a kid called Karamoko, still at school. Not sure if he Brazillian, Ivory coast or Indian, but as long as the Apache first team can never get him its job done.

I lived in Manchester and from my experience the City fans were the most deluded, unknowledgeable, up themselves fans I've known. Also, there are far more united fans than city fans on match days in the pubs round Manchester.

People really don't know what they are talking about when it comes to Man City, you go to a United game and 90% of people are not from Manchester where as at a City game 90% are from Manchester Hense why they are the peoples club of Manchester. As others have said even when they were in the lower divisions they were still getting high attendences. Maine Road waa in the middle of a council estate and that's why their fan base is made up of average people. When was the last time you saw the corperates at OT have a pitch invasion let off flares etc?

As others have said they are not just buying the league theyvare building a club, I advise anyone to go up there and have a look at the size of developments they got going on up there. Instead of this B team crap every prem side should be made to do what Man City are doing.

Well according to this research, United have more fans in Manchester than City......

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-city-fans-live-local-wigan-373912

I lived in Manchester and from my experience the City fans were the most deluded, unknowledgeable, up themselves fans I've known. Also, there are far more united fans than city fans on match days in the pubs round Manchester.

They're like the Gas of Manchester. The myth that all people from Manchester support City is just that a myth. Just like if we we were to be in Man Utds shoes getting fans from all over the world, It wouldn't mean that all of a sudden Rovers were the peoples club and everyone in Bristol supports them. 

Well according to this research, United have more fans in Manchester than City......

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-city-fans-live-local-wigan-373912

Depends what you include as Manchester. The Manchester Evening News did one that said there were more United fans in Manchester but then went to include Salford and Bolton in the survey, both of which are United hot spots but are not in Manchester (even if Salford does touch upon central Manchester).

As a general rule South Manchester/Stockport support Man City, North Manchester and Salford support United. However this has become very diluted thanks to the amount of students living in south Manchester- many of whom moved to Manchester because of supporting Manchester United.

I personally think there are more United fans as kids in Manchester are no different to anyway else and support the team that was winning when they were growing up.

Archived