IGNORED

Feed The Goat

where's the joy

congratulations to man city for winning the 'we've got more money than god Premier League'

and to think you owe it all to bristol city for gifting you shaun goater

Did we put % clauses and bonuses in on the deal?

Now for my second controversial otib observation for the day. I, for one, was pretty pleased Man City won the league.

Firstly, against the main accusation that they bought the league my retort is football has invited that and also QPR have shown that it does take more than just money.

Secondly, it couldn't have happened to a longer suffering and sizeable supporter base.

Thirdly, there is a lot of talk that the owners are looking to build the club (including community projects) not just the first team.

Finally, Chelski, Man U and Liverpool are vastly more offensive than Citeh, imo. If I'm allowed one.

The fact is yes they spent money, as have most teams however they have spent it wisely. You can spend hundreds if millions and not end up winners, its how you spend the money that matters just look at us. I'm impressed with what Man City are doing. They are not buying the league they are building a club, I've seen their nee training ground and reserve stadium and it's mind blowing.

It was also pretty cool to see a pitch invasion in the prem. Man City are the peoples club so I wish them all the best.

For what they have spent I actually believe they have underachieved.

Sorry but I disagree they have played fast attractive football with a league and cup double and I'm guessing your underachieving statement is about the champions league but if you look at their squad they have really poor champions league experience but as time goes on they will improve their squad and progress in the champions league

The fact is yes they spent money, as have most teams however they have spent it wisely. You can spend hundreds if millions and not end up winners, its how you spend the money that matters just look at us. I'm impressed with what Man City are doing. They are not buying the league they are building a club, I've seen their nee training ground and reserve stadium and it's mind blowing.

It was also pretty cool to see a pitch invasion in the prem. Man City are the peoples club so I wish them all the best.

They are only the peoples' club, if you are a Sheikh from the UAE.

OP is correct, they have purchased the title.

Sorry but I disagree they have played fast attractive football with a league and cup double and I'm guessing your underachieving statement is about the champions league but if you look at their squad they have really poor champions league experience but as time goes on they will improve their squad and progress in the champions league

Should of made myself a bit more clear. What I meant was since they have been took over and the money that has been spent into the club they've not given enough back in my opinion to merit what has been spent. Yes I understand they have a low level of champions league experience but is this not the 3rd season in a row they have flunked in Europe? Maybe a different competition but they're still playing football at the end of the day.

Unfortunately in my opinion Man City will never have that character or will power than Ferguson installed at United. Although I am glad to see United slipping down the ladder.

Man City are not a peoples' club. Most of their fan base are glory hunting defectors who couldn't tell you any of their History apart from that last 4-5 years. I was so disappointed for them to undeservedly 'win' it, they are everything that is wrong with football today. Can you tell I don't like ManShitty?

Should of made myself a bit more clear. What I meant was since they have been took over and the money that has been spent into the club they've not given enough back in my opinion to merit what has been spent. Yes I understand they have a low level of champions league experience but is this not the 3rd season in a row they have flunked in Europe? Maybe a different competition but they're still playing football at the end of the day.

Unfortunately in my opinion Man City will never have that character or will power than Ferguson installed at United. Although I am glad to see United slipping down the ladder.

Ah now I agree with that

A financial expert was being interviewed On Radio 5 this evening. He reckons with prize money, sponsorship and "other things", Man City will pick up "about ninety million" for winning the premiership. He continued This will make them more attractive to potential investors who'll pump more money in to the club.

Hmmm; don't investors eventually want their money back plus interest?

Man City are not a peoples' club. Most of their fan base are glory hunting defectors who couldn't tell you any of their History apart from that last 4-5 years. I was so disappointed for them to undeservedly 'win' it, they are everything that is wrong with football today. Can you tell I don't like ManShitty?

They sold out of season tickets six weeks before their third flight campaign kicked off in 1999/2000 (?)

A financial expert was being interviewed On Radio 5 this evening. He reckons with prize money, sponsorship and "other things", Man City will pick up "about ninety million" for winning the Premier League. He continued This will make them more attractive to potential investors who'll pump more money in to the club.

Hmmm; don't investors eventually want their money back plus interest?

Think he was referring to sponsorship and implications in Asia and the far East.  He, not me, said it's become a global sport and winning the Premier League is now a humongous head turner.

How do you know who makes up their fan base?

Becuase it's the same people who were part of the chelsea fan base when mourinho was here the first time

they were averaging over 30000(iirc) when they were in the third division they do some loyal fans and of course with success comes new fans! The tragic reality is that very few clubs produce teams full of world class players through their academies!

Did we put % clauses and bonuses in on the deal?

Now for my second controversial otib observation for the day. I, for one, was pretty pleased Man City won the league.

Firstly, against the main accusation that they bought the league my retort is football has invited that and also QPR have shown that it does take more than just money.

Secondly, it couldn't have happened to a longer suffering and sizeable supporter base.

Thirdly, there is a lot of talk that the owners are looking to build the club (including community projects) not just the first team.

Finally, Chelski, Man U and Liverpool are vastly more offensive than Citeh, imo. If I'm allowed one.

That myth was blown apart when they played Villa in the week.

Haven't seen so many empty seats since the gAss were last on telly.

Out of the XI 1 -2 only are English. The 1 - 2 are not local. Man Citeh have moolahed their way to the top.

Athletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund have spent fat less moolah getting to the Champions league final. Man Citeh are underachievers.

They are part of the cabal that is reducing tv moolah going to grass roots football in this country, wants to spoil the football league ...

Peoples club mind.

That myth was blown apart when they played Villa in the week.

Haven't seen so many empty seats since the gAss were last on telly.

Live in Manchester and the crowd was down due to a bad accident in Manchester closing roads and putting centre at a standstill.

Tv wouldn't delay ko, quite a few never got to go.

Think you are wrong on that one, their fanbase generally are humble, A chap who works for me is a season ticket holder there him and most of his mates don;t rub it in (except against united) because as a fanbase they have experianced lows (alot of them) and not are experiancing the highs,

Yes they have spent massive amounts of money but they have invested hundreds of millions into the surronding area as well, building first class training facilities and state of the art youth devlopment centre as well you don't see chelsea doing that,

Infact I think this season Liverpool spent the most on transfer fees followed by spurs and arsenal

People really don't know what they are talking about when it comes to Man City, you go to a United game and 90% of people are not from Manchester where as at a City game 90% are from Manchester Hense why they are the peoples club of Manchester. As others have said even when they were in the lower divisions they were still getting high attendences. Maine Road waa in the middle of a council estate and that's why their fan base is made up of average people. When was the last time you saw the corperates at OT have a pitch invasion let off flares etc?

As others have said they are not just buying the league theyvare building a club, I advise anyone to go up there and have a look at the size of developments they got going on up there. Instead of this B team crap every prem side should be made to do what Man City are doing.

As others have said they are not just buying the league theyvare building a club, I advise anyone to go up there and have a look at the size of developments they got going on up there. Instead of this B team crap every prem side should be made to do what Man City are doing.

What Premier league side does not have a category 1 academy?

It is because of clubs like Manchester City and the EPPP football development of kids in this Country is being harmed.

Manchester City are sucking kids away from smaller teams.

It is because of clubs like Manchester City tv revenue is not spent on funding junior teams e,g. Coaching. It is also because of these bigh clubs tv revenue to clubs considered small [ all of the rest of the leagues] receive proportionally less money from tv to spend on youth development - less than 1% of tv income.

It is because of clubs like Manchester City that this B team crap is being considered.

Archived