IGNORED

World Cup Predictions

One BCFC

Any early World Cup predictions, fellow Reds?

I am going with the hosts, Brazil. Talented young team who have no fear, made Spain look ordinary at last years Confederations Cup Final.

So what does everyone else think?

Brazil's squad has an average age of 28, not young at all but full of experience.

Argentina much the same, but experienced teams with know how win World cups.

One of these two or Spain to win it imo.

Can't agree with Belgium. Hazard is quality, and courtois the keeper looks good, but the rest are average to decent premier league players IMHO. De bruyne and Lukaku can't get a game at Chelsea, Vermaelen is on the way down, and vertonghen hasn't made the difference for spurs.

Germany willbe very strong, but if kloses legs go, they haven't got many options at centre forward.

Brazil at home is like NZ at home in the Rugby WC. Can't see past them. Spain will get close but no European team has ever won it in S America and the conditions will be a massive leveller, Brian.

By hook or by crook the Brazilians will find a way to stop Argentina winning it in their backyard after '78!

Can't see us getting out of the group, unfortunately.

Fancy Uruguay to do well.

Think we will reach quarters.

Fancy Argentina to do well possibly win it. Hope Belgium do badly to halt the bandwagon everyone seems to jump on with them, feels a bit like as they suddenly have a few decent players and people are "told" they will do well, they see suddenly everyone's tip!

Think we will reach quarters.

Fancy Argentina to do well possibly win it. Hope Belgium do badly to halt the bandwagon everyone seems to jump on with them, feels a bit like as they suddenly have a few decent players and people are "told" they will do well, they see suddenly everyone's tip!

Belguim remind me of holland (Netherlands) great players but I don't think they all work well together as a team, will be intresting to see how they do,

Can't agree with Belgium. Hazard is quality, and courtois the keeper looks good, but the rest are average to decent premier league players IMHO. De bruyne and Lukaku can't get a game at Chelsea, Vermaelen is on the way down, and vertonghen hasn't made the difference for spurs.

Germany willbe very strong, but if kloses legs go, they haven't got many options at centre forward.

De Bruyne got sold in January.

Columbia even without Falcao. The French have talent but they're French so probably not and Spain. My three shouts but will probably be no where near.

The expectation of a nation could go against Brazil, it's happened before. It's the hope that kills you and all that.

I think the most exciting thing about this world cup for us is the squad Hodgson has chosen to take.

A mixture of youth and experience.  Only 6 players from the previous world cup, and 11 players from Euro 2012.  With the like of Lallana, Sturridge, Shaw, Barclay and Sterling, all exciting young talents.

Change is what this England team needed, and change is what Hodgson has delivered.  I personally think, this team is two years away from making an impact on the world stage.

However, I would say nobody will want to meet us in any game.  If we make it through the group stage, then maybe the 1/4 is realistic.

England.... Capable of beating and loosing to any time on any given day.

Stevo

I think the most exciting thing about this world cup for us is the squad Hodgson has chosen to take.

A mixture of youth and experience. Only 6 players from the previous world cup, and 11 players from Euro 2012. With the like of Lallana, Sturridge, Shaw, Barclay and Sterling, all exciting young talents.

Change is what this England team needed, and change is what Hodgson has delivered. I personally think, this team is two years away from making an impact on the world stage.

However, I would say nobody will want to meet us in any game. If we make it through the group stage, then maybe the 1/4 is realistic.

England.... Capable of beating and loosing to any time on any given day.

Stevo

Agree its a really exciting squad Hodgson has picked and can't disagree with any of his decisions. No pressure on this team considering our very tough group.

Brazil favourites and rightly so, going to be very hard for anyone to top them. Neymar seems to excel for Brazil and i may put some money on him top goalscorer.

My outside bet would be Portugal. They may be an average team but any team with Ronaldo has a chance. If they can keep solid at the back they could suprise people.

Dont see Belgium doing much and they are not so much of an outsider now looking at the odds. They have some decent players but are untried at world cup level.

Brazil v Spain in the final with Brazil to win. It's pretty much nailed on as it was in the Confederations, a lot of Brazilians under the impression it was fixed and the Spanish were paid not to turn it on. Also worth pointing out that after the obscene amount of money that has been spent and the level of unrest amongst the population they have to win otherwise sh1t is going to go down big time.

Archived