IGNORED

World Cup Predictions

One BCFC

This to me sums England chances up in a nutshell, France leave Samir Nasri out of their squad and we do not even possess a midfield player anywhere near his world class status. 

Milner?!

Portugal? no chance, one man team.

Belgium have a great team but depends how they adapt to the hot weather.

Brazil all the way with Germany in the final also.

Anyone got any interesting bets on?  was looking at accumulators yesterday and if you can predict the 1st and/or 2nd place in each group you'll be quids in.

Anyone got any interesting bets on?  was looking at accumulators yesterday and if you can predict the 1st and/or 2nd place in each group you'll be quids in.

I think Brasil v Spain in the final at 14-1 is good value.

Also this is the best predictor tool I have found:-

http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-bracket-predictor/2014/en/entry

I rated Chile in the last world cup, and if they can get through a group containing Spain and Holland then I think they may do well after that.

Exactly this. The only problem for Chile is that Vidal may not be fully fit following an operation, but they have given alot of the 'bigger' teams problems in the past especially Germany in a recent friendly who were VERY lucky to come out with 1-0 win as Chile were by far the better team.

Its good to see England are bring more youth in and looks more exciting than normal, but we are still short a World Class centre back pairing and holding/defensive midfielder. Playing 4-3-3 would get rid of the left sided problem and give Full backs license to push forward which is perfect for Baines/Shaw and Walker/Johnson.

Exactly this. The only problem for Chile is that Vidal may not be fully fit following an operation, but they have given alot of the 'bigger' teams problems in the past especially Germany in a recent friendly who were VERY lucky to come out with 1-0 win as Chile were by far the better team.

Its good to see England are bring more youth in and looks more exciting than normal, but we are still short a World Class centre back pairing and holding/defensive midfielder. Playing 4-3-3 would get rid of the left sided problem and give Full backs license to push forward which is perfect for Baines/Shaw and Walker/Johnson.

I like their style too with a 3-4-3 formation, apparently the current manager is similar to Marcelo Bielsa in his approach.

As for England, I said in the cup squad thread about how they lacked a decent CB and how the midfield may be exposed by Italy.

Ronaldo to win it single handedly for Portugal in a similar fashion to Maradona (moments of both brilliance and blatant cheating).

England to surprise a few by getting out of the group at the expense of Italy.

Germany to fall at the first hurdle because of all their kick off times being in extreme heat.

Ronaldo to win it single handedly for Portugal in a similar fashion to Maradona (moments of both brilliance and blatant cheating).

England to surprise a few by getting out of the group at the expense of Italy.

Germany to fall at the first hurdle because of all their kick off times being in extreme heat.

Ze Germans have probably been training in greenhouses secretly for the lasy 3.5 years to be ready!

Efficient as always!

Archived