IGNORED

Shocking !

Tall King Blox

• Admin

The difference I see with the FA Cup.

When I was growing up, it was practically the only live football that was seen on TV, back in the day of only 3 then 4 channels.

Expect Grandstand covered it to the maximum for the sole reason that it was the only opportunity to cover live football.

Nowadays, and especially this time of year there is probably a live game on some channel every day of the week, and up to 3/4 on a weekend

As mentioned above about it clashing with the Barca / Athletico title decider, I thought it was interesting that they hadn't even decided on a date or time for this game before the last league fixtures were played - imagine the logistics of trying to sell those tickets in a week

It is sad that the magic has gone, like others I remember well the build up and how the streets were deserted on the day etc.

It's sad that it's not the same for children today. But that made me think too, as a child I never went to a football match, it just wasn't done. Your dad went, but not your mum or the kids. I think I was about 15 before I saw my first match. So that will be different for the kids today compared with some of us, rarely was the football on the tv and children didn't go (unless people will tell me different)?

Seems to me it's all about the money generated for the club over the long haul.....the accountants are pulling the strings

on behalf of the shareholders....ok this view is a tad simplistic but thats how it looks to me...

Maybe if the FA upped the ante and made the FA Cup a financial must for all clubs things might change........maybe

Have a mate who has clubb Wembley seats, literally cant give them away.

Having gone with him to the Arsenal semi I can see why not. A simply awful expetience at club level. Wembley is sh1te and the atmosphere appalling. I wpuld never go back, it was dire enough when city were there.

How many seats?

It is sad, but the only chance to restore any magic is to give FA cup winners a Champions league spot.

I reckon this would work & force the top premiership teams to play decent side or not progress.

Having the semi-finals at Wembley is a joke as well...

...Road to Wembley my arse.

It died when they started playing semi finals at Wembley. What a joke.

As much as I agree with the above there is nothing anyone can do to stop this for a long time now because it is part of funding Wembley and so unless we want Wembley to be repossessed, the semis have to stay

It is sad, but the only chance to restore any magic is to give FA cup winners a Champions league spot.

Possibly hit the nail on the head there as to the solution.

Personally I'd rather see 4th to 7th of the Premier League play-off for the final champions league spot. 

Or perhaps even 3rd to 6th playing-off with a qualification spot going to the FA Cup. I'm not sure what rules FIFA have in respect of Champions League qualifying eligibility though.

Archived