IGNORED

Sc On Radio Bristol Around 3 O Clock

Is it me or is SC one of the first managers we've had who talks a lot of sense and is very easy to listen to. He speaks in facts and is happy to say exactly what he feels, and I can only see that having a massive influence on players, as they will always know where they stand and he talks a lot of sense. Our club is in very safe hands with him in charge, he's certainly proved a lot of people wrong.

Is it me or is SC one of the first managers we've had who talks a lot of sense and is very easy to listen to. He speaks in facts and is happy to say exactly what he feels, and I can only see that having a massive influence on players, as they will always know where they stand and he talks a lot of sense. Our club is in very safe hands with him in charge, he's certainly proved a lot of people wrong.

That should set a few off!!!

I think it might just be you!

To be fair, he has won me over somewhat. But he tends to state the obvious, and still manages to contradict himself in his cliche-happy way.

I'll reserve my judgement as to whether we're in safe hands until after his first major hiccup.

He's just said 3 things really;

next year will be a important year

it was difficult when he came in

he hasn't played to his full potential

realistically we won't sell him, hope he comes into form now at the start of the season, hes a city player and it will stay like that for at least 6 months

Interview coming up on Radio Bristol with Cotterill at 3pm. According to twitter will be discussing Baldock, JET, El Abd and next season.

Cheers for flagging that up GDL, decent listen.

Thanks for the Heads Up - a good listen.

The 'phone rang just before the end and I missed something about getting boards made up ??

Can anyone enlighten me? 

Sc was jokingly asking if anybody had any big boards that we could paint a mural on, similar to the one Arsenal had at Highbury when that was being developed.

Personally don't agree at all, his perception of a game is often totally off and he repeatedly claims to not like talking about himself immediately before then talking about himself.

I have no issue with the man and he's done a great job for us so far, but I'm not a big fan of his interviewing style. But if he continues as he has on the pitch, neither do I care, personally.

Stupid question.

I agree. Let's hope we don't do a spurs with tim sherwood.

I like Cotterill. I wasn't his biggest fan at the start, and was adamant it wasn't the right appointment, but so far, he has proved me wrong.

As much as last season was a success for him, next season will be the test. Can he get the signings right, can he kick us on to where we realistically should be in this division.

But so far, so good.

Personally don't agree at all, his perception of a game is often totally off and he repeatedly claims to not like talking about himself immediately before then talking about himself.

I have no issue with the man and he's done a great job for us so far, but I'm not a big fan of his interviewing style. But if he continues as he has on the pitch, neither do I care, personally.

This is what I initially thought but maybe he's just trying to be positive and be positive about the team and trying to build them up? I don't know but Id rather have that than a MR negative and he's atleast given the place a 'feel good factor' with his positive thinking, so even if I don't agree with his post match comments sometimes I dont mind it if it benefits us for the greater good.

This is what I initially thought but maybe he's just trying to be positive and be positive about the team and trying to build them up? I don't know but Id rather have that than a MR negative and he's atleast given the place a 'feel good factor' with his positive thinking, so even if I don't agree with his post match comments sometimes I dont mind it if it benefits us for the greater good.

Maybe but I'd consider that a little patronising to the fans. The players know what he thinks and we're not blind, the last thing someone wants to hear after a sub-standard performance is how well we played, it just makes him sound clueless.

Before anyone jumps on my back, let me say again if he continues getting us to play the way he has I couldn't give a rat's arse.

Maybe but I'd consider that a little patronising to the fans. The players know what he thinks and we're not blind, the last thing someone wants to hear after a sub-standard performance is how well we played, it just makes him sound clueless.

Before anyone jumps on my back, let me say again if he continues getting us to play the way he has I couldn't give a rat's arse.

i'm confused who are you talking about?, the predecessor was good at talking up defeats and draws, mind you he had a lot of practice.

i'm confused who are you talking about?, the predecessor was good at talking up defeats and draws, mind you he had a lot of practice.

Twas what I was thinking. Man talking about processes and performances after 2 wins in 20 odd games equals hero worship. Other bloke who gets on with the job by cutting through the bullshit gets a lukewarm response.

Twas what I was thinking. Man talking about processes and performances after 2 wins in 20 odd games equals hero worship. Other bloke who gets on with the job by cutting through the bullshit gets a lukewarm response.

Exactly, perhaps the remaining mourners should listen to the post match interview after the Notts County win, or the Crewe draw or certainly the Sheff Utd defeat.

Archived