IGNORED

"epl"

Southport Red

"EPL"  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's rubbish in the sense that you'd need a billionaire owner to even get close to winning the league if you're outside of the top 5/6 teams. For any team not in that bracket, it must get tiring to constantly get beat 4/5-0 by the aforementioned sides, with an 8th place finish being the highest anyone could aim for every year. It's just very boring really. Especially when you consider the increasing financial bridge between teams who have, or are, currently featuring in the Premier League and those in the rest of the Football League due to the extortionate sponsorship money, as well as parachute payments.

I still watch most of the games on a Sunday so can't complain too much, but the league could be so much more interesting than it is.

It should still be called the first division in my opinion...then the gas would be in the fifth :-)

Unfortunately Raymondo you have overlooked the fact that Rovers are now NON LEAGUE, and making the 'Premier' NON LEAGUE division League 5 would confuse their supporters, who are already hoping they'll be in the Conference South before too long from where they hope to get promoted to the Conference North (only because North is 'up' in their little world).

I love Sunday watching the prem games, some of the football Arsenal, both the Manchester clubs and Liverpool, Chelsea etc over the last 10 years or so has been good to watch for a neutral like me.

You have more staying-power than me then. The relentless complaining to the ref, feigning injury and general "ooh my legs have given way" cheating has me reaching for the off button very quickly.

And the fans have no say. Imagine if the PL asked what fans wanted most I'm sure they'd say "punish cheating".

It's so, so plastic. ****ING horrible spectacle.

It's too complex to be a yes-no answer. It's been good in the sense that some of the best footballers in the world ply their trade on our shores and as a brand English football is watched by a worldwide audience. In terms of English players domestically it has been a nightmare and in keeping everyday working people at the heart of the game it has also failed miserably.

To be honest I wish the Football League would tell the Prem to go do one.  I'd rather see the Football League operate on old-fashioned principles along with maximum wages for the players.  The Prem is just a carve up by a cartel of rich clubs.

I never watch Match of the Day because I refuse to lend any sort of support to it.  I find that there is enough football entertainment down Ashton Gate, well, at least since SC took over.

The Champions' League is going much the same way with the same old clubs appearing in it year in, year out.  If it wasn't for the sudden rise of Atletico Madrid, I'd almost give up completely on that too.

You have more staying-power than me then. The relentless complaining to the ref, feigning injury and general "ooh my legs have given way" cheating has me reaching for the off button very quickly.

That's Spanish football!!!

Well it certainly improved the money coming into the top level of the game, it has also widened the audience massively.  All that should be good!  Why then don't I watch it?  

Something is very wrong, the heart of top league football has been ripped out. I can't remember the last time I watched a whole EPL game, Id on't have SKY Sports, and to be honest I may watch match of the day once a month. There isn nothing there that interests me much anymore..

Well it certainly improved the money coming into the top level of the game, it has also widened the audience massively. All that should be good! Why then don't I watch it?

Something is very wrong, the heart of top league football has been ripped out. I can't remember the last time I watched a whole EPL game, Id on't have SKY Sports, and to be honest I may watch match of the day once a month. There isn nothing there that interests me much anymore..

I

I did have Sky Sports, but I cancelled it for two reasons.

1. I can't stand the foreign (and homegrown) cheats that infest the EPL.

2. I think the Ashes should be special, not a six-monthly occurrence.

The argument that we now have one of the best leagues in Europe doesn't add up. We dominated in all three of the European competitions for 10 years leading up to the ban*

We only have one undebatably world class player in Luis Suarez. We do have a whole host of players at the next level down from world class, admittedly.

But overall, I have very little positive to say about the Premier League other than it's improved crowd safety and *cleaned up supporter image in terms of behaviour. Both of which could've/should've been done anyway without the motivation of money.

In virtually every other aspect, football has been whored by the Premier League.

Very good league, every league has its couple of top sides, Spain - Mainly Real/Barca and now Athletico, Germany, well Bayern seem to run away with it every year, France - PSG pretty much now. Yet we have a good 5 teams or so capable of winning our league. Teams like Crystal Palace and Swansea show its possible for the smaller clubs to break into the top half as well.

My only gripe is that for a league that makes so much is that the lower leagues get such a crap deal in comparison, the championship is the 4th highest attended league in europe and league 1 is I think in the top 10.

The argument that we now have one of the best leagues in Europe doesn't add up. We dominated in all three of the European competitions for 10 years leading up to the ban*

We only have one undebatably world class player in Luis Suarez. We do have a whole host of players at the next level down from world class, admittedly.

But overall, I have very little positive to say about the Premier League other than it's improved crowd safety and *cleaned up supporter image in terms of behaviour. Both of which could've/should've been done anyway without the motivation of money.

In virtually every other aspect, football has been whored by the Premier League.

The prem lost it's host of world class players when Spain were able to offer better tax breaks. The only reason they were here was the money and as soon as they could earn more elsewhere they soon buggered off.

Personally I hate the plastic feel of the prem (sky trying to persuade me that a nil nil between Fulham and stoke is the greatest spectacle ever to have been televised.) And the lack of soul of it all with clubs selling 100 years of history for a season in the sun.

Mostly I hate how separated the majority of clubs and players are from the fans. Football clubs should be about the community and comrade not individual players holding everyone to ransom for another 100k a week.

Basically I hate modern football and everything it stands for.

That's a very big shout indeed

I watch the Premiership games on the tv, but have never been to one. Give me a Bristol City match any day. Yes the Premiership football is a different class but I don't feel any connection with it. I don't suppose it helps though not having any past players playing for the Premiership clubs, even the Gas have Lambert!

I watch the Premier League games on the tv, but have never been to one. Give me a Bristol City match any day. Yes the Premier League football is a different class but I don't feel any connection with it. I don't suppose it helps though not having any past players playing for the Premier League clubs, even the Gas have Lambert!

*cough* *cough* A certain Danny Rose?

Tom Heaton next season!!

I have no doubt that the introduction of the premier league was a a tremendous success in many, many ways.

Unfortunately it has also placed football behind numerous pay walls, failed to improve the standard of the England team, done huge damage to other areas of the domestic game and created a bubble that once burst will utterly destroy the entire fabric of our league system.

Unfortunately any concerns now count for little, as everyone involved is making a mint.

Ok, ok, there are a couple. I don't count Danny Rose as he was only a loanee...and he was rubbish for us, clearly didn't want to be here. Yup, I do count Caulker as he was brilliant ha ha. Yannick, yes I suppose so but he went to Palace so can't be forgiven...

I don't care if it's not logical, that's my final answer ha ha.

Seriously, if that's all we can come up with in the Premier league it's a bit of a sad reflection on us really.

It's rubbish in the sense that you'd need a billionaire owner to even get close to winning the league if you're outside of the top 5/6 teams. For any team not in that bracket, it must get tiring to constantly get beat 4/5-0 by the aforementioned sides, with an 8th place finish being the highest anyone could aim for every year. It's just very boring really. Especially when you consider the increasing financial bridge between teams who have, or are, currently featuring in the Premier League and those in the rest of the Football League due to the extortionate sponsorship money, as well as parachute payments.

I still watch most of the games on a Sunday so can't complain too much, but the league could be so much more interesting than it is.

Do you even watch the premier league?! Teams outside the top 5/6 constantly getting beat 4 or 5 nil? One of the best things about it is that any team can beat anyone.

Archived