IGNORED

"epl"

Southport Red

"EPL"  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you even watch the premier league?! Teams outside the top 5/6 constantly getting beat 4 or 5 nil? One of the best things about it is that any team can beat anyone.

The level of competitiveness in the league has certainly increased in recent years and me saying teams constantly get beat four or five nil was slightly hyperbolic but the fact remains that the top 5/6 teams rarely lose to anyone lower than them and when it does happen it's treated as a huge shock. The Premier League is, at least, far more competitive than La Liga and the Bundesliga but I find it a shame that big clubs like Villa, Newcastle and West Ham are doomed to face mid-table mediocrity or relegation battles until they get bought by a billionaire owner (or a billionaire interest with an actual interest in football in Newcastle's case). The league's fairly competitive at the top but it's dominated by money to too much of an extent - I'd love for the league to be more like the Championship where anyone really can beat anybody on their day (again though, that league is also becoming increasingly dominated by money due to the implementation of parachute payments.)

Was Division 1 not like that in the old days? I know it had its dominant forces, but couldn't a team go from struggling at the bottom one season to challenging at the top the next, as long as it had good management? I watched The Damned United for the first time the other day and saw how Clough took Derby from the bottom of Division 2 to the top of Division One - that's pretty much impossible to do nowadays, which is a shame really.

The Premier League's the best of a bad bunch, competitive, but it's the same old teams dominating.

Archived