IGNORED

First Pub You Had A Proper Drink In....

Good thread.

I seem to remember trying to sneak into a pub with some friends in Stratford-on-Avon during a school trip aged about 13. Unfortunately, we sent the shortest lad in our year up to order and we were promptly ordered out.  :facepalm:

It were mainly plastic containers filled with Hecks's cider, when I were a lad, but probably my first boozer on a regular basis was the Street Inn, which I used to go in with my girlfriend on a frequent lunchtime basis from the age of 16.

Can you remember the first pub you had a proper drink in and how old you were?...(going to the bar, not a sneaky one)....mine was the Chequers, Kingswood (just turned 16), and I ordered 3 x pints of Simonds Bitter for myself and 2 workmates. I just had the same as they were drinking....hardly touched bitter since...

My parents used to always drink in there. Mine was unfortunately the Mill House in Emersons Green, tragic  :facepalm:

My first legal pint was whilst on a holiday in Spain aged 16. We popped over to Gibraltar for the day where the legal drinking age is 16. It was a pint of magners as it was the only cider they had, but a cold cider in 40 degree heat as your first pint in a pub is never a bad thing. I can't remember the name of the pub though.

Can you remember the first pub you had a proper drink in and how old you were?...(going to the bar, not a sneaky one)....mine was the Chequers, Kingswood (just turned 16), and I ordered 3 x pints of Simonds Bitter for myself and 2 workmates. I just had the same as they were drinking....hardly touched bitter since...

15yo the Plough portishead,

With my old man 16yo Portishead Workmans club he said that as I was working full time I was old enough to drink :laugh:

The Sandringham in Brislington. Was 16.

First time properly drubk in a pub was the Queens Head in Willsbridge, when England lost to Argentina in 98

I used to live a couple of hundred yards from the Sandringham, never went in there though it would have been full of my neighbours who would have known I wasn't old enough to drink as they had children of a similar age...so I went as a 15/16 year old where all us Briz young 'uns drank...the Black Castle

My first real drink was a when I was 15; a Thatchers at The Black Horse (apparently Wurzels always hang around there).

Funny thing is, I can't stand cider (I straight up lie when I sing along that I'm a drinker), but that pint was the most refreshing drink I've ever had. I remember it well because it was such a hot day. Now the thought of drinking that apple piss makes me feel sick.

I used to live a couple of hundred yards from the Sandringham, never went in there though it would have been full of my neighbours who would have known I wasn't old enough to drink as they had children of a similar age...so I went as a 15/16 year old where all us Briz young 'uns drank...the Black Castle

Ah the Black Castle. Judge Jools once played a set there!

Whilst I was at South Bristol College we managed get served in that huge pub on St Johns Lane, the name of which I can't remember, but one Friday when I was about 17 I got proper pissed in there. I think it's a resturant now.

Obviously like most other teenagers my first experience of getting sh1tfaced involved MD20/20 and a local park.

Whilst I was at South Bristol College we managed get served in that huge pub on St Johns Lane, the name of which I can't remember, but one Friday when I was about 17 I got proper pissed in there. I think it's a resturant now.

Obviously like most other teenagers my first experience of getting sh1tfaced involved MD20/20 and a local park.

House That Jack Built / Engineers Arms / The Brunel....(same boozer different names)

Royal George, Horfield - just turned 15.

Three years later hired the upstairs room for my 18th - Landlady was not amused!

Same here. Sticky floored rough arse local but had some great times in there and some not so great ones. Still, it was a better option than The Duke of York!

Same here. Sticky floored rough arse local but had some great times in there and some not so great ones. Still, it was a better option than The Duke of York!

Could be worse. Could be a rough floored, sticky arse local!:-o

Same here mate, think I was about 16 at the time. Nervously ordering a John Smiths in the snug! The Plough was always great for a lock in too.

"Side door please!"

Still like that now, many of time I've wondered out of there at 4 in the morning,

Archived