IGNORED

First Pub You Had A Proper Drink In....

Cross hands in Pilning!!

Brought back a memory not the one in pilning but the cross hands in fishponds years ago. Singing "and after all we beat the gas 4-2" to the wonderwall theme, which them started pint glasses throwing! One which amazingly bounced off my mates head!. Funny night.

What a great topic - but I can't remember for the life of me. Many a time my Dad would sit us in the corner and sneak a pint of Blackthorn my way and tell me to be careful, happy days. Guess I was 14 or 15

Being tall I used to get served in the local offy from 14. Used to get 4 cans of Viking lager for my mate, 4 cans of Autumn Gold (!) and 10 Red Band and act like I was cooler than the Fonz for getting served!

Tavern in the Black Swan (Duck) W-O-T.

Underage, but not by much, at 16 I still looked about 12!

Also Mackesons at Tiffany's which looking back was truly disgusting - no wonder I was often honking on the hill climb on the way out.

Discovered the marvellous, and at that time unusual, hand pulled Draught Bass at the White Hoss when my Dad bought me a pint when I was 17, and have sought out real ale pubs ever since.

Tavern in the Black Swan (Duck) W-O-T.

Underage, but not by much, at 16 I still looked about 12!

Also Mackesons at Tiffany's which looking back was truly disgusting - no wonder I was often honking on the hill climb on the way out.

Discovered the marvellous, and at that time unusual, hand pulled Draught Bass at the White Hoss when my Dad bought me a pint when I was 17, and have sought out real ale pubs ever since.

Dirty Duck too when I was 16, I think we were all underage in there, but Al did not seem to mind

I remember being in Capones nightclub in Dursley, about 1995. (yes, it does have a night club).

I would've been about 15 and was out with my 24 year old brother when the DJ put out a tannoy message for me to attend reception. The police were waiting there for me. Apparently they weren't keen on the fake birth certificates my mate was printing off.

To this day I can't believe I went to reception! D'Oh!

I remember being in Capones nightclub in Dursley, about 1995. (yes, it does have a night club).

I would've been about 15 and was out with my 24 year old brother when the DJ put out a tannoy message for me to attend reception. The police were waiting there for me. Apparently they weren't keen on the fake birth certificates my mate was printing off.

To this day I can't believe I went to reception! D'Oh!

What a shit hole! Hated that place from the first day it opened, and it's got no better. Ended up in there a few times after cricket a few years ago, seems more of a meeting place for Bristol / Gloucester gangsta's to sell their wares to unsuspecting kids

Was always fun when Two Princes came on in the good old days, that meant a punch up was mere seconds away.....never understood quite why that song prompted violence!

The Sandringham in Brislington. Was 16.

First time properly drubk in a pub was the Queens Head in Willsbridge, when England lost to Argentina in 98

The plough in Pilning - I was watching the same game and was 11!

My brother bought me it and nobody flickered an eye at it behind the bar.

The Star in Soundwell. 18.

Might have been renamed now.

Thats the turnpike now.

As for me it was at the Rotunda (misfits bar) Kingswood at 15. Thursday nights was pound a pint, with the bonuses of it being pretty dark, and no door staff. Horrible place, but wasn't confident getting away with being served anywhere else.

Thats the turnpike now.

As for me it was at the Rotunda (misfits bar) Kingswood at 15. Thursday nights was pound a pint, with the bonuses of it being pretty dark, and no door staff. Horrible place, but wasn't confident getting away with being served anywhere else.

I remember those night at rotunda (sh1thole) nasty ass blackthorne music soo loud your ears bleed and loads of lairy young uns :laugh: my first pint was the new inn keynsham on my 15th birthday look quite old so was getting in evolution in town from 16 also LOVED that place

• Admin

Mendip Gate, Withywood, all the kids drank in their from about 16 onwards

The peculiarity about the Mendip Gate, was how it emptied out at closing time, the quickest of any pub in Bristol I should imagine, as most of the punters jumped in their cars ( or motorbikes in the case of the lads I went in there with) and nipped up Dundry Hill to the Dundry Inn, which was outside the Bristol boundary and shut at 11pm, rather than 10.30pm as the pubs in Bristol did at the time.

Archived