IGNORED

J C R

glynriley

Look up headless chicken in the dictionary and there's a photo of Campbell-Ryce.

He's not the one who had to look up "headless chicken" in the dictionary.

Why does your dictionary have pictures?

And why is "headless chicken" one entry and not two separate entries of "headless" and "chicken" repaectively?

If I didn't know better I'd start doubting you, mate.

I thought he was awesome against us at BS3 recently and wouldn't have minded him back with us

I thought he was his usual self, loads of running, the odd step over but naff all end product! He got in behind the fullback loads of times but did nothing every time!

He's not the one who had to look up "headless chicken" in the dictionary.

Why does your dictionary have pictures?

And why is "headless chicken" one entry and not two separate entries of "headless" and "chicken" repaectively?

If I didn't know better I'd start doubting you, mate.

And even if such a bizarre dictionary did exist, would the picture not be of Junior Bent?

And even if such a bizarre dictionary did exist, would the picture not be of Junior Bent?

To be fair, Junior knew where the goal was - he was just incapable of inserting the ball into it. Except, of course, when he played against us :(

Look up headless chicken in the dictionary and there's a photo of Campbell-Ryce.

Harsh!

I think you'll find a photo of Ivan Sproule!

I get that JCR divided opinion, could be frustrating and that there were certain aspects of his game that he needed to improve. But to say he was a headless chicken is so wide of the mark it's laughable. JCR is a very techinically proficient player who retained possession very well. It frustrated people that he didn't try and go past the full-back often enough (like a headless chicken would always do) but that's because he knew when he could and could not beat his man for pace. As a result he cut inside a lot.

At times frustrating, yes. Headless chicken, no.

Oddly enough, JCR was one of the players retained by Notts Co. They must have found out Sheff U were interested and will now have to pay a fee for him.

What are you talking about?

'Retained list' doesn't mean the club choose to keep you and therefore you have stay. It means, these are the players that will be leaving and these are the players that we will be offering new contracts to. The players are not obliged to stay just because they are 'being retained'. JCR is a free agent and is free to sign where he likes. He has chosen Sheff Utd. It was the same with Nyatanga last summer. We wanted to keep him but he chose to go to Barnsley. We weren't entitled a fee for him just because we wanted to keep him.

I wouldn't put Junior into the headless chicken category as they tend to run around in circles. Junior often didn't have a clue where he was going but he ran in straight lines at lightning speed.

Harsh!

I think you'll find a photo of Ivan Sproule!

I get that JCR divided opinion, could be frustrating and that there were certain aspects of his game that he needed to improve. But to say he was a headless chicken is so wide of the mark it's laughable. JCR is a very techinically proficient player who retained possession very well. It frustrated people that he didn't try and go past the full-back often enough (like a headless chicken would always do) but that's because he knew when he could and could not beat his man for pace. As a result he cut inside a lot.

At times frustrating, yes. Headless chicken, no.

It frustrated people that he had absolutely no awareness of what was going on around him and rarely laid the ball off or played to the runner.  He just concentrated on his school yard step overs, twisted and turned and eventually got dispossessed.

I wouldn't put Junior into the headless chicken category as they tend to run around in circles. Junior often didn't have a clue where he was going but he ran in straight lines at lightning speed.

And KFC got bombarded with many a matchball. Joon did make I larf

Archived