IGNORED

Hartlepool Play-Off Match 10 Years Ago Today

Kingswood Robin

I often mentioned Goodfellows header as it happens... Something along the lines of 'he always tried hard but never really delivered for us until that night' and when he scored I went a little beswerk with everyone else in Williams D.

An Epic night rounded off of course by that classic goal from Roberts which had all the more impact because we were all still celebrating or dusting ourselves down from the Goodfellow header.

A match never to be forgotten and we deserved a competent set of management skills for the final only to find Wilson lost the plot in his last game in charge.

Worst day of my life at the football life and up in the top half-dozen of any. We fans turned up, but DW torpedoed what should have been a great day. Deliberate? You decide...

I think I remember reading that he admitted he played better whilst drunk.

I remember watching an interview with him on the topic of drink in football and he admitted to going out in Cardiff the night before this game and bought an internal cool box for his car just so he could keep his Stella cool for after training!... The guy was/is an alcoholic but who cares if he popped up with this goal!

I remember watching an interview with him on the topic of drink in football and he admitted to going out in Cardiff the night before this game and bought an internal cool box for his car just so he could keep his Stella cool for after training!... The guy was/is an alcoholic but who cares if he popped up with this goal!

He said he hasn't had a drink since 2006, so he definitely WAS an alcoholic

Archived